Author Topic: Saturday 8pm DC Entertainment  (Read 10614 times)

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 572
Saturday 8pm DC Entertainment
« on: July 14, 2015, 05:33:34 AM »
This year instead of 1 large panel they went with individual panels for each of their shows.  I think I liked this approach better, even though they had very little Q&A time for each panel, at least each show had it's own platform.  They did them in the following sequence; Arrow, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Gotham, and Supergirl.  They saved the screening of the Supergirl pilot for the end after throwing in some acrobatic performance.  It was beautiful, but late and everyone was getting tired.  I really love Supergirl, but already saw the pilot.  I was determined to see it again, but after nodding off and missing about 10 minutes of it I decided I might was well call it a night.  It was already 11pm and the panels were done.

One note for those who try to take pictures of any exclusive content.  Probably not a good idea during a WB presentation.  I saw 3 people, just in my section pulled out of their seats by security and forced to go show them every picture in their phone or camera to prove they didn't take anything illegal.  One person was at least upset or embarassed enough they packed up and left shortly afterwards.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: Saturday 8pm DC Entertainment
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 07:16:17 AM »
Did they give out swag bags at this year's DC TV panel?

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:42:41 PM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 07:18:36 AM »
nope
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Online rando

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 291
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 07:19:53 AM »
I didn't get a swag bag.  It was kind of bizarre.  They gave out glow sticks.  However I was pretty far back in the room and I missed the first ten minutes in line...mebbe something was given early?  Or never reached me way back in the room.  But glow sticks?   :o

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 07:31:01 AM »
It certainly was better attended this year than last. I can't help but think it was because of the swag given out last year-at least for the casual attendee. I already suspected there wouldn't be any this year. Last year was the inaugural year. I had hoped for some, but was not expecting any. I wanted to see the "panels". I also love that they did them separately. The intro with Stephen was awesome.

DH is not quite as cynical as I am, and I do agree with him somewhat-a lot of the better attendance was also probably due to there not being separate panels for the shows. He said "They are pretty popular". We got to Hall H at the same time as last year, and did have to queue up for a bit, but it wasn't too bad. Last year, we walked right in at that time.

I am very happy that they did the Supergirl panel before the pilot-was had also seen it already. DH really wanted to see the panel, but I would have probably fallen asleep during the pilot also!
Ang

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 07:39:44 AM »
Glow sticks, huh? We got glow sticks from ConTV and at Walker Stalker, so no great shakes there.

I too was interested in Supergirl, but ended up having a personal obligation that night, so was unable to attend. I am glad I didn't though, because now knowing it was at the end I know that I would have fallen asleep!

We took the WB Studio tour in Burbank yesterday and they drove us by the Supergirl soundstage. The doors were wide open and you could see a ton of set construction going on. Exciting!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 11:36:16 AM by Transmute Jun »

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 572
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 08:33:13 AM »
Definitely better attended this year.  Last year a group of 6 of us were able to move up to row 3.  This year it was just me and i had to scramble a bit to find one seat toeard the back of the first section.  Was also very relieved the supergirl panel came before the pilot.  Disappointed, but not surprised about the lack of swag.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Offline epicskyline

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 99
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 08:52:47 AM »
Was upset by the lack of swag, but I did enjoy the panels themselves. I think that they made a mistake putting Supergirl last though. The show should have been first, so that as many people as possible were there to watch it. They would have stayed around to catch the panels for the other shows they already followed. I wanted to watch the Supergirl pilot, but by then I was so tired - and so COLD! - that I left after the panel finished.

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 08:58:01 AM »
It was a great panel if you love those shows.  It took everything in me to stay awake for the Supergirl panel because I'm not a Gotham fan so it bored my already deteriorating brain. Had to leave during the weird acrobat stuff, so missed the pilot. I just couldn't take it!!!

I was one of the idiots who tried to snap a picture during video because I was trying to get a photo of those amazing wrap around screens. Ugh. That was embarrassing. I honestly thought I just could not take video. My security guy wasn't as harsh. It was just two photos and I got to delete them for him from my seat. He waited til a break in panels to ask me to do it.

It was pretty dumb because the video playing when I snapped them was nothing more than a highlight reel of LAST season. It's not like there was special or new content.

Lesson learned!!
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 11:38:13 AM »
I think those security guards were given generic information but never used common sense. My husband was at the Masquerade playback on Sunday, and a guard chewed him out for taking photos of the video screen during the Masquerade playback. Um, no proprietary footage there...?

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 11:44:11 AM »
This is OT, but Sunday during SPN panel in there, they were still letting people in during video playback (again, they have no new footage and it was highlights of "over the years" reel) and this guy came in my aisle using his phone light to find his way and when he sat was using his phone light to put things in his bag and settle in and the security lady came and screamed at him to remove himself from his seat. It was actually a bit upsetting b/c I was on the aisle and she was there screaming in my ear and disrupting things. And his bag got caught and he couldn't get it removed and she kept screaming, "NOW!" and I was about to lose my mind. He finally get it unstuck and she starts accusing him of taking video and he clearly WAS NOT. He was using his cell as a light b/c it was dark in there and it was pointed down at all times! She made him show her everything on his computer for the WHOLE CON, disrupting everyone around and ruining the video and panel. It was ridiculous.

It was my only real negative of the Con. If I was that guy I would have been so upset. I was upset just witnessing it.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
My Twitter

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2015, 01:14:19 PM »
I think those security guards were given generic information but never used common sense. My husband was at the Masquerade playback on Sunday, and a guard chewed him out for taking photos of the video screen during the Masquerade playback. Um, no proprietary footage there...?

Having done work with elite before, this is exactly the case. We get told to don't allow this or that and thats all the information we get.

Offline chaosdreamer

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 102
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2015, 01:35:37 PM »
Yeah, what was up with the glow sticks?  I kept waiting for them to at least say something about them but nothing.  The panelists were, as usual, fantastic but I thought the moderator from Variety.com for the Flash panel was bad when she thought Geoff Johns was Jesse L. Martin but then we ended up with the horrible Deadline.com moderator for Gotham who couldn't even be bothered to learn how to pronounce the actors' names.  And the Cirque du Soleil style performance art before the Supergirl screening was a seriously poor choice by TPTB who obviously did not understand their audience.

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2015, 03:27:50 PM »
Yeah, what was up with the glow sticks?  I kept waiting for them to at least say something about them but nothing.  The panelists were, as usual, fantastic but I thought the moderator from Variety.com for the Flash panel was bad when she thought Geoff Johns was Jesse L. Martin but then we ended up with the horrible Deadline.com moderator for Gotham who couldn't even be bothered to learn how to pronounce the actors' names.  And the Cirque du Soleil style performance art before the Supergirl screening was a seriously poor choice by TPTB who obviously did not understand their audience.
OMG!!! The guy from Deadline was so awful!!! He "Adele Nazim"ed so many people!! My two faves were "Marna Bracken" and "Geoff Jones" Are you kidding me??? You are moderating in Hall H at comic-con and are that clueless??? I totally did and angry livetweet asking what toilet they mined that turd from.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
My Twitter

Offline imcla

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2015, 09:39:41 PM »
I left Hall H after Joss to get some sleep and came back a few minutes before the DCTV panels, I got in halfway through Arrow (I didn't mind since I don't watch it), got bad seats (a couple of rows behind the last screen, it was hard to find the discipline to look at the stage and not up at the screen and have my neck hurt), then during Gotham a lot of people left so I managed to move up and up to the front, by the time the Supergirl panel started I was literally sitting on the first row.