Author Topic: Free Comic Book Day 2018  (Read 5486 times)

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
Re: Free Comic Book Day 2018
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2018, 10:24:58 PM »
I am hoping i can go to a shop that day, but i be visiting family close to a shop and that is priority to me at time. if possible may ask my bro if they wanna try go at time, but if they got plans set to do anything else i can skip the event np. i went twice in past but didnt go to the shop both visits, but felt lucky got to visit mile high comic place that i always saw have ads in comics in past, so was like visiting a landmark and was able gets some gems at same time.

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2018, 08:09:38 PM »
freecomicbookday Thought that free comics were the only things you could pick up on #FCBD18? Think again! Why not grab one of our temporary tattoos to help celebrate this amazing event more? #stopatacomicshop

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 11:24:37 AM »

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2018, 10:22:46 PM »
Looks like some libraries are doing more this year. This is in Redwood City, CA.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2018, 04:31:56 AM »

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2018, 01:16:31 PM »
I might be able to go to a shop that day, but depends what family i go to visit has planned if anything. be cool to see my niece be happy to get something and get what can for nephew as well even if recenlty born can still save something for him to try read later.

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2018, 01:33:20 PM »
I might be able to go to a shop that day, but depends what family i go to visit has planned if anything. be cool to see my niece be happy to get something and get what can for nephew as well even if recenlty born can still save something for him to try read later.
Yes! We need future comic book readers! Definitely want to encourage it :)

I have a Funko Funatics event on that day, so I will have to stop somewhere on the way to the event. Too bad Hastings went under-that was always a good place to stop on the way to San Antonio (not the first time I've been on the road on FCBD)
Ang

Offline cciveg

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2018, 10:13:21 PM »

I hope to make it out as well. It's nice being able to pick up things for the youngsters. But I am over an hour away from a participating store.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2018, 10:33:44 AM »
I hope to make it out as well. It's nice being able to pick up things for the youngsters. But I am over an hour away from a participating store.

I know a shop that does online live sales that will have some or more that day if u wanted to try get any. i not sure if all shops get all the comics cause i have learned from the shop of live sales pretty tells how things go to be real. i dont buy from sales cause gotta worry about porch thiefs if any so i can still give link to site if u wanna check it any. post here and can give link later or anytime.

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2018, 02:14:59 PM »
Yes! We need future comic book readers! Definitely want to encourage it :)

I have a Funko Funatics event on that day, so I will have to stop somewhere on the way to the event. Too bad Hastings went under-that was always a good place to stop on the way to San Antonio (not the first time I've been on the road on FCBD)

I miss Hastings soooo much. Whenever I would go back to New Mexico I would go by as many as I could. Always found great stuff.

We still have one comic shop not too far away, but they've been disappearing fast.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2018, 03:10:42 PM »
Yea, any shop around my area u pretty much gotta drive or bus to the shop. some i used to go to closed for one reason or another over the years. just lucky i can get to any when able to and got the funds to get any.

Offline karatekid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 149
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2018, 12:18:28 AM »
Yes where have all the Comic Book Stores gone? :(

You have to travel to get to them. I live in a fairly big city, suburb of San Francisco and I have to travel 20 minutes by car and freeway to get to the nearest comic book store.

I really wanted to pick up Action Comics 1000 but never made it out to the LCS ... BUT thankfully I was visiting a friend a far and there happened to be one near her so I stopped in and picked up 4 copies. That was lucky and fortunate otherwise no comics for me. It's really sad!
"Wax On, Wax Off"

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2018, 10:45:47 AM »
Yes where have all the Comic Book Stores gone? :(

You have to travel to get to them. I live in a fairly big city, suburb of San Francisco and I have to travel 20 minutes by car and freeway to get to the nearest comic book store.

I really wanted to pick up Action Comics 1000 but never made it out to the LCS ... BUT thankfully I was visiting a friend a far and there happened to be one near her so I stopped in and picked up 4 copies. That was lucky and fortunate otherwise no comics for me. It's really sad!

I know a shop that does live sales and new comic tuesday which they show new and send to u  by mail after payment and all is good. if u want link i can give u one if u wanna give them a try and they have the action comics as well by chance if not sold out. they do live sales on facebook tues and other times during week. u can always ask so u have some idea then can score some comics of whatever is possible at time.

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2018, 06:27:14 AM »

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2018, 07:34:30 AM »
Long shot, but any of you that are going to FCBD happen to be in the New York area?  NYC stores are suppose to be handing out posters for the new broadway King Kong and I would really like one...but sadly don't live in that area.  They are free, and Ill pay you for shipping it.  Any help would be grateful.

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2018, 07:29:11 AM »
Happy FCBD!