Author Topic: Star Wars Celebration 2019  (Read 25761 times)

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
Re: Star Wars Celebration 2019
« Reply #90 on: June 09, 2018, 02:54:18 PM »
Saturday is sold out now.

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #91 on: June 09, 2018, 04:35:07 PM »
And yet people still saying they didn't have enough time to buy
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #92 on: Today at 04:43:58 AM »

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2018, 01:45:05 PM »
I'm surprised at how quickly it's selling...especially considering that other major conventions are stagnating or even taking longer than before to sell out.
Tickets for Celebration have lasted for months in the past, but since Saturday sold out it shows the demand is real regardless on whether or not they reduced the amount of full weekend passes.
People who don't get tickets will always find a reason to complain--yes, it sold out more quickly, but the last Celebration was in 2017 and everyone knows it's happening in 2019. They've had over a year since Celebration Orlando to save up.
This is also the biggest convention center in the country, although I don't know how much space they plan to use.
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2018, 06:59:18 AM »
i'm shocked by the lack of tickets on ebay at this point! there were a few badge trading/selling groups but they seem to have shut down; especially once RP people got into the groups

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2018, 10:46:03 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2018, 02:56:48 PM »

Media Registration for Star Wars Celebration is now open!

Star Wars Celebration media applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM CST on February 22, 2019 unless we reach maximum capacity at an earlier date. We strongly recommend you apply early as once all media badges are allocated, no more will be released. There will be no onsite media registration at Star Wars Celebration.

Due to demand, Lucasfilm is limiting the number of media badges they are allocating for 2019. Because you have been granted a media badge in the past, does not guarantee your approval for one for 2019. Please allow time to receive your confirmation while they evaluate all applications.

Who Qualifies

Star Wars Celebration media registration is open for journalists regularly making editorial contributions. Editorial media includes writers, reporters, reviewers, producers, photographers, videographers, etc. who are attending specifically to write about Star Wars Celebration and/or cover the event for newspapers, magazines, TV, blogs, podcasts, radio, etc.

Media Badge Access

Star Wars Celebration Media badges provide complimentary access to Star Wars Celebration and corresponding venues (that don't include a separate ticket) for all days of the event. Media badges are extended as a courtesy of Star Wars Celebration. Star Wars Celebration is a fans first event which means your media badge allows access to panels as long as space is available.

Your press badge DOES NOT allow:

Early or special access into Star Wars Celebration
    Guaranteed seating at panels and events
    The ability to cut lines
    Free access into any events requiring an additional ticket
    Entry into pre-show lotteries for exhibitor exclusives or private autographing (sorry, but these are reserved for
    Star Wars Celebration fans who purchased tickets)

Any additional access, under certain situations, must be arranged through the Lucasfilm Media team.

Media Guidelines

Submitting an application does not guarantee approval. All media applications will be reviewed by Lucasfilm and you will be notified if you have been approved or denied by February 28, 2019. If approved, additional information will be provided in your confirmation email and receipt. Every individual applying for a Star Wars Celebration press badge may only apply once.

Multiple Badges

Each media badge is issued individually. If you're applying with a team, each person on your team needs to apply and be approved separately. Lucasfilm reserves the right to approve or deny any application and limit the number of Media Badges provided to each organization. If you're approved and then email us saying you only received one badge and need more for your team, you will be directed to have the rest of your team submit an application and they may or may not be approved for badges. You may also be force choked for not reading these guidelines before applying as directed.

Media badges are non-transferable and non-resellable

Any individuals caught selling their media badge will be disqualified from attending future Star Wars Celebrations. This is non-negotiable.

Decisions are Final

Lucasfilm reserves the right to approve or deny any application. This decision is final and cannot be appealed. Include any and all information in your application that will allow the Lucasfilm Media team to make an informed decision, as you will not be able to submit further information later on if your application is not approved.
Apply for a Media Badge
Apply Here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2018, 06:44:01 PM »
I'm torn whether to apply or not. I may wait until later.

And lloks like RP again taking a hard line on the exclusives for press not being allowed to enter; which I just don't get

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #97 on: December 19, 2018, 11:30:52 PM »

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2018, 04:45:43 PM »
Sunday gone. Only Monday is left.
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2018, 04:20:32 PM »
Theme for the Diorama Workshop at Star Wars Celebration Chicago

Hello everyone – As you can see, the cat is out of the bag !!!
It is with GREAT EXCITEMENT that I reveal the theme today for our 8th Star Wars Celebration Diorama Builders workshop : THE BATTLE OF SCARIF as seen in one of my fave Star Wars films ROGUE ONE.
I want to thank Lucasfilm and Mary at ReedPop for allowing me to let you all know what we have planed for 2019. It was a tight race, as last year we were planing a huge POD RACE diorama to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Star Wars EPISODE I The Phantom Menace. Along the way, circumstances beyond our control that arose in the past months, made it clear to us we unfortunately would have to abandon this concept for this time and re-think what else would be a really exciting and fun build never attempted before. First thing that came to mind was that I wanted it to be our very FIRST DISNEY ERA construction and the one I love the most, a scene from ROGUE ONE.
My crew and I were debating between 2 choices then LIGHTNING STRUCK, in the form of something I cannot discuss YET 🙂 I know I know, It’s Christmas, why am I being such a grinch and spoiling your day 🙂 It was going so well, I was spilling the beans LOL – But this LIGHTBULB MOMENT that magically fell in our lap,  just happens to be the COOLEST THING to happen to Diorama Builders booth in a long time – It will be a REAL GAME CHANGER for the Diorama Workshop experience. You will ALL be SOOO HAPPY when I can spill the beans about this final “SECRET” from the show (I am hoping mid-end January 2019) and then the FULL FLOODGATES will begin.
Until then, I can still show you some fun stuff like, How I make the Artwork, Logo Variations for Pins and other SWAG to be given at the show. Keep coming to visit often between now and the convention. You will learn just how much work and preparation and planing it takes to organize and produce a convention booth for Star Wars Celebration.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS – Enjoy your day with friends and family !!!
Cheers, Ciao for now…
Frank
OH, if you want to see me talk about the reveal, I uploaded the FIRST CELEBRATION IX CREW VIDEO HERE

X
If you attended one of our Star Wars Celebration Diorama Builders workshops and have a Facebook account, why not JOIN the OFFICIAL DIORAMA BUILDERS FAN CLUB group today !!

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2019, 12:24:16 AM »
Celebration Key Art revealed.

New poster art revealed!

Reach out with your feelings. What do you see?

The symbol of the ancient Jedi Order strikes a balance between the light and the dark in the official poster art for Star Wars Celebration Chicago. Today, you can get your first glimpse at the saga-sweeping design featuring some fan-favorite heroes and villains: Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader, Leia Organa and Emperor Palpatine, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Maul, and Kylo Ren and Rey.

Check out the full image below!

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2019, 10:38:38 PM »
Celebration Key Art revealed.

I like the juxtaposition and how it says "Star Wars... through the years."  Thanks for sharing it with us, [member=1732]SamTurtledove[/member].  (If only it were being held closer location-wise... XD)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2019, 08:26:14 PM »
did anyone sign-up for photo-ops? I'm not a photo guy so not for me

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2019, 04:06:01 PM »

(If only it were being held closer location-wise... XD)

I also opted not to go this year, however I did buy a one-day ticket so I can get the early pin/shirt sets.

Road to Celebration

All Road to Celebration pin sets are limited in number and we allow fans to purchase up to five sets per ticket order while supplies last. Please note, you receive one login per Star Wars Celebration Chicago ticket order, whether it is for multiple tickets, or a single tickets, along with instructions on how to purchase your pin sets. If you have purchased tickets for Star Wars Celebration Chicago, you can purchase multiple pin sets, but you are limited to a maximum of 5 pin sets per ticket order. There is a strict, 5 set maximum per order. Should a customer attempt to purchase quantities in excess of this, they risk having their orders cancelled and access to future Road to Celebration pin set releases revoked.

The Road to Celebration program is only open to Star Wars Celebration Chicago ticketholders; you must have ordered a Star Wars Celebration Chicago ticket to take part. If you ordered your Star Wars Celebration Chicago ticket or tickets prior to February 18, 2019, you will be sent an email with your Road to Celebration login information for ReedPOPSupplyCo.com, where the pins will be made available for sale. If you purchased your ticket on or after February 18, 2019, you will be sent an email with your login information as part of your ticket confirmation.

With your personalized login information, visit ReedPOPSupplyCo.com, and you'll be able to browse and purchase all available Road to Celebration sets. Come back in the next few weeks as a second set will be revealed! If you have any problems logging in – or need to be resent your login information – please contact us.

All pin sets will ship out in Mid-March for domestic US badge-holders; International fans will pick their sets up onsite at Star Wars Celebration Chicago.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #104 on: February 23, 2019, 02:09:24 PM »
Star Wars Celebration Chicago Artist Pre-orders start on Feb 27.

Welcome to Acme Archives' Star Wars Celebration Chicago Pre-Order Page

Pre-Order for Pick-Up for Attendees Only
beginning February 27th @ noon PT & ending March 15th @ noon PT

Prints must be picked up from the artists in the Art Show section at the show.  No prints will be shipped.
Bring a copy of your order when picking up. (if someone will be picking up for you, please put that person's name in the notes when checking out)

Please note that we are unable to make changes to orders or cancel orders placed for Star Wars Celebration pick-up after the ordering period ends.

(pre-orders are not eligible for any discount)

Only the products listed on this page are eligible for pre-order for pick-up and cannot be combined with products that need to be shipped.
(adding non pick-up items may cause delays and issues with picking up at the show)

Payment is taken when the order is placed.

Preview artwork below
(subject to change - artists still being added)

Update:  Links also available athttps://www.starwarscelebration.com/Features/Events/Art-Show/

« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 10:38:17 AM by SamTurtledove »