Author Topic: Hotel Review and Feedback Thread  (Read 84135 times)

Offline tsnyder

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 295
Re: Hotel Review and Feedback Thread
« Reply #120 on: July 31, 2017, 04:26:30 PM »
I didn't know you could ask for a fridge there.  Has anybody done that successfully? 

Offline rando

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 291
« Reply #121 on: August 01, 2017, 07:49:45 AM »
It's generally first come first serve for the mini fridges at the Bayfront Hilton  I've managed to get one every year but I usually check in early in the week.  I also call ahead and have them note the request on my reservation. 

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #122 on: Today at 02:44:03 PM »

Offline dolphina

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Live Long and Prosper
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #122 on: August 01, 2017, 08:05:04 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I didn't know you could ask for a fridge there.  Has anybody done that successfully?
The years I've stayed there I was able to request one during check in. I normally check in on Tuesdays.
A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting”

Wondercon, SDCC, Comikazi, Blizzcon, SWCA, D23

Offline sylent_asassin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #123 on: August 01, 2017, 10:15:26 AM »
Name of Hotel: U.S. Grant

Type of Room: 2 Queens

Number of Nights You Stayed: 4 Nights

Year(s) You Stayed There: 2017

Hotel Review:

* Were there any dining options inside or near the hotel?
There's a restaurant inside the hotel, but there are quite a few restaurants less than a block away. My wife and I had Japanese one night and Fish and Chips the next.

* How was the hotel staff?
   Very friendly!

* Did you order room service?
   Yes. I ordered their Smoked Salmon BLT twice. First time was great, so I recommended it to my wife. The second time, the salmon was WAY undercooked.

* Tell us about the hotel amenities, like the gym or pool.  Did you use any of them?
   Did not use any. Thought about the massage option, but they didn't work late.

* Were you and your roommates able to sleep and move around in the room comfortably?  Do you think the room is smaller or larger than the same type of room in other, comparable hotels?
The room was a decent size and we could maneuver fine, especially since I had 3 costumes. Closet was spacious and they had a scale. Bathroom is large, but shower space is a bit cramped for a big guy like me. They do give lots of towels, which is great.

* How long did it take you to travel to and from your hotel by shuttle, trolley, or on foot?
    On foot, about 15-20 minutes to the convention center. Shuttle was about the same. Since I was in costume much of the time, I took the shuttle as I didn't want to sweat and couldn't stand the humidity.

* Are the walls of the room thin?  What are the noise levels in your room from outside sources (hallway or next door)?
  We were pretty high up, so didn't notice any internal noise, but there was a rooftop party across the street on Thursday and Friday night that was pretty loud and went until around midnight. Surprisingly, there was nothing on Saturday night.

* Does the hotel have free WiFi for guests?
   I never inquired.

* Is there anything else you like to mention about the hotel (i.e., celebrity sightings) or your room that isn't mentioned above?
   Since Spreckles is across the street, I've heard about Conan sightings, but never saw him myself.

* What did you like about staying at this hotel?
Location was good. It was close enough to the convention center to walk yet far enough away to be able to go to a restaurant and not have to wait an hour for seating. Beds were nice and pillows were great. Lots of outlets to charge and plug in electronics! Staff was great and friendly! Upon checkout, I asked the clerk for souvenir keys and he gave me all of them!

* Finally, what didn't you like about staying at this hotel?
Cost. $300+ a night is WAY too much for a half mile away. The rooms come with coolers for drinks, but they didn't exactly fit into the designated space, so if you weren't careful, you would pinch your fingers trying to open and close the cabinet.

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #124 on: August 10, 2017, 04:15:10 AM »
Name of Hotel: Andaz

Type of Room: 1 King size room.

Number of Nights You Stayed: 7

Hotel Review:

(Here are some questions to get you started as you think about your hotel stay during Comic-Con.  Again, you can answer all or some of these questions to help you write your hotel feedback comments.)

Rooftop bar with snacks. Also a dining room downstairs but never visited. Quite pricey from the menus I saw.

* How was the hotel staff?  Were they polite and courteous?
Absolutely brilliant. Couldn't do enough for you. We were missing batteries in one of the TV remote's. I told front desk and they had sorted it within the hour.

* Did you order room service?
   No

* Tell us about the hotel amenities, like the gym or pool.  Did you use any of them?
Went up to the rooftop pool a couple of times. Incredible views of SD. Large area with cabanas and sunbeds. The pool is on the small size but it's very inviting.

* Were you and your roommates able to sleep and move around in the room comfortably?  Do you think the room is smaller or larger than the same type of room in other, comparable hotels?
Requested a room facing inside as heard the exterior rooms can hear all the street noise. Someone mentioned that you will hear all the music etc from the rooftop with an interior room. Never heard a thing.
The room was a very good size. The bathroom was split in two with a wash basin behind a glass frame and then behind the door was the toilet and a walk-in shower. Also had large floor to ceiling wardrobes. Nice sofa which was actually a pullout bed as well.  The actual bed was huge and very very comfortable. Had trouble getting up in the morning - hahahaha

* If you drove and parked your car at the hotel, how much was the parking rate per day for overnight stays?
N/A

* How long did it take you to travel to and from your hotel by shuttle, trolley, or on foot?
It's about a 15/20 minute walk through the gaslamp.

* Are the walls of the room thin?  What are the noise levels in your room from outside sources (hallway or next door)?
We were next to the elevator and could hear the doors closing on occassions. Other than that the room was peaceful.

* Does the hotel have free WiFi for guests?  (Yes or No)
Yes. Super fast as well.

* Are you a member of the hotel's rewards program?  What level do you have, and what kind of perks did you get?
Yes. Free Wi-Fi only.

* Is there anything else you like to mention about the hotel (i.e., celebrity sightings) or your room that isn't mentioned above?
The rooftop area holds celeb parties during Comic-Con. So you might be lucky in catching a glimpse of some stars in the lobby.

What did you like about staying at this hotel?

High-end hotel (which managed to get for a lower price)
Plenty of food places close by
Fridge as standard in the room.

Finally, what didn't you like about staying at this hotel?

It is a party hotel. So on some days and evenings there are people going up to the rooftop who are not guests. And some of them seem to think they can shout their mouth off in the street or in the elevator. I was walking into the hotel one day and a group of party goers were stood outside, one of them shouting loudly how drunk she was and another talking about how she is going to "kill that b***h." All of them exaggerating to the max because they were with friends. They seemed to take over the whole are I needed to walk through so in the end I said "Shut up! and move out of the way!" They parted very quickly. Hahahahaha.
If you don't like people who have just come to party (spring breakers) then best avoid this place.

Offline ombregrey

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #125 on: September 06, 2017, 12:28:30 PM »
Name of Hotel: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Diego Downtown

Type of Room: 1 King Bed

Number of Nights You Stayed: 4 Nights

Hotel Review:

Were there any dining options inside or near the hotel?

There was a dining options within the hotel. We ate at the restaurant in the lobby for dinner and the food was okay, not great.
But the hotel is located near Little Italy so there are plenty of restaurants located within walking distance of the hotel. We recommend trying:

Pappalecco (Slate St & Cedar St) 1 block away from the hotel. They had croissant lunch options ($5-10), Italian coffee and gelato.
Queenstown Public House (Colombia St & Cedar St), 2 blocks away from the hotel. This is a New Zealand inspired restaurant that has a full breakfast, lunch and dinner menu. There is indoor and outdoor seating, very cozy. Our group actually ate here about 3 times during our stay. We highly recommend this restaurant.

How was the hotel staff?  Were they polite and courteous?
Nice and polite.

Did you order room service?
No

Tell us about the hotel amenities, like the gym or pool.  Did you use any of them?
There is a gym and a pool. We did not use them.

Were you and your roommates able to sleep and move around in the room comfortably?  Do you think the room is smaller or larger than the same type of room in other, comparable hotels?
Our room was on one of the Hilton honors floors and was a decent size. The bed was comfortable, it did sink a little in the middle but it did not bother us.

If you drove and parked your car at the hotel, how much was the parking rate per day for overnight stays?
N/A

How long did it take you to travel to and from your hotel by shuttle, trolley, or on foot?
Shuttle to convention (Pink Line): 15 mins
Shuttle to hotel (Pink Line): 25 mins
On foot: 25 mins

Are the walls of the room thin?  What are the noise levels in your room from outside sources (hallway or next door)?
Some noise from the hallway but very minimal.

Does the hotel have free WiFi for guests?  (Yes or No)
Yes for HH members.

Are you a member of the hotel's rewards program?  What level do you have, and what kind of perks did you get?
Hilton Honors. Tier Blue. We got to check-in (choose room/floor/make requests) using the HH app.

Is there anything else you like to mention about the hotel (i.e., celebrity sightings) or your room that isn't mentioned above?
N/A

- Affordable (as we are from Canada, the exchange rate was terrible)
- Tons of restaurants nearby for dinner (usually no wait times)
- You can ask for a free cookie from the front desk (recommended)
- Free airport shuttle
- There were computers with printers in the lobby

- A bit far from the convention
- An older hotel (the elevators shake sometimes)
- Only 3 elevators 20+ floors (slow)

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #126 on: September 06, 2017, 12:58:18 PM »
Name of Hotel: Hilton Bayfront

Type of Room: 2 Queen Beds

Number of Nights You Stayed: 7 Nights

Hotel Review:

Were there any dining options inside or near the hotel?
Yes there are a couple of restaurants/bars and room service. Odysea bar open until 1:30AM.

How was the hotel staff?  Were they polite and courteous?
Polite and helpful.

Did you order room service?
Yes, a couple of times for breakfast. It was good and quick.

Tell us about the hotel amenities, like the gym or pool.  Did you use any of them?
There is a pool, a spa and a gym. We did not use them.

Were you and your roommates able to sleep and move around in the room comfortably?  Do you think the room is smaller or larger than the same type of room in other, comparable hotels?
There were two of us in the room and there was plenty of room to move around comfortably. It was a corner room so it may have been a little bigger than other double queen rooms.

If you drove and parked your car at the hotel, how much was the parking rate per day for overnight stays?
N/A

How long did it take you to travel to and from your hotel by shuttle, trolley, or on foot?
On foot: 5-15 mins depending on (foot) traffic

Are the walls of the room thin?  What are the noise levels in your room from outside sources (hallway or next door)?
I didn't hear anything from neighboring rooms except their shower when I was in the bathroom.

Does the hotel have free WiFi for guests?  (Yes or No)
Yes for HH members.

Are you a member of the hotel's rewards program?  What level do you have, and what kind of perks did you get?
Hilton Honors. Lowest tier. We got to check-in (choose room/floor/make requests) using the HH app and got free WiFi.

Is there anything else you like to mention about the hotel (i.e., celebrity sightings) or your room that isn't mentioned above?
A few minor celebrity sightings. The line for the Westworld experience was in the lobby right next to the elevators which definitely took away from the relaxed vibe of this hotel. They moved the couches to make room for the line and there were people lined up there all day.

Location location location
Birds eye view of the Hall H & EE lines

Pain to walk to the Gaslamp
Long Westworld line in the lobby

Overall I would stay here again in a heartbeat, but if given a choice would prefer to stay in the Gaslamp for easier access to offsites and night life.

Offline madfly

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 140
« Reply #127 on: September 07, 2017, 09:40:37 AM »
Name of Hotel: Hilton San Diego Gaslamp

Type of Room: 2 full size beds in the Lofts(which requires a special key)

Number of Nights You Stayed: 5

Year(s) You Stayed There: 2017(1st year here! Previous 7 years stayed at Hilton Bayfront)

Hotel Review: Ate free continental breakfast every morning in the restaurant since we are Hilton Honors members.

* How was the hotel staff?  Staff was polite, however, since the Netflix offsite was here, everytime we tried to board the elevator to head to the "lofts" we were questioned!

* Did you order room service? no

* Tell us about the hotel amenities, like the gym or pool.  Did you use any of them? Kids used the pool. Was small & not much seating but nice view of the Convention Center

* Were you and your roommates able to sleep and move around in the room comfortably?  Room was ok size. The AC was broken so a portable unit was brought up which took up some space. The bathroom was a good size.

* If you drove and parked your car at the hotel, how much was the parking rate per day for overnight stays? I believe $50/night

* How long did it take you to travel to and from your hotel by shuttle, trolley, or on foot? Very easy to get to Convention Center, just crossed over train tracks & Harbor Dr. and you were there!

* Are the walls of the room thin?  What are the noise levels in your room from outside sources (hallway or next door)? Very quiet in the hotel. But our room overlooked 5th Ave. (Gaslamp quarter) and Hard Rock pool so we could here noise from that. Was cool watching people walking the Gaslamp though.

* Does the hotel have free WiFi for guests?  Yes for Hilton Honors members.

* Are you a member of the hotel's rewards program?  What level do you have, and what kind of perks did you get? Yes, Diamond level. Free continental breakfast, water. free wifi.

* Is there anything else you like to mention about the hotel (i.e., celebrity sightings) or your room that isn't mentioned above? The Netflix offsite was here. we could walk outside our room and hang out in the balcony and watch what was going on. Got to check out Stranger Things, Defenders & Bright before the crowds came & got lots of free swag. Cast of Stranger Things, Defenders & Bright made apperances but we were always out when they came!

What did you like about staying at this hotel?  Great location. Easy to get to Convention Center & all the Gaslamp restaurants.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 04:21:35 PM by madfly »

Offline darlenealderson

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 75
« Reply #128 on: January 27, 2018, 11:54:15 AM »
Name of Hotel: Embassy Suites

Type of Room: 2 Full Size Beds and a pull-out bed

Year(s) You Stayed There: 2015

Hotel Review:
Such a roomy hotel! You can easily, comfortably fit six people into one room with two queen beds. The breakfast and happy hour are a lovely addition to your stay. The layout of the hotel is nice, and it doesn't seem crowded even though it's very busy. They also have a nice hot tub.

*Huge rooms
*Friendly employees
*Clean
*Free breakfast and happy hour
*Close to a variety of restaurants and Ralphs

*My credit card got hacked when I stayed there. I read an article that all of the cards were compromised that summer.
*They didn't say happy birthday when they looked at my ID and it was my birthday.
*Kind of far

« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 12:06:05 PM by darlenealderson »

Offline darlenealderson

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #129 on: January 27, 2018, 12:05:02 PM »
Name of Hotel: Hard Rock Hotel

Type of Room: Two Queens

Year(s) You Stayed There: 2016
Hotel Review: A great hotel for people wanting to feel involved in the Comic-Con action 24/7. You can't beat its proximity  to the Gaslamp and Convention center. The rooms are aesthetically pleasing and the music is always enjoyable. The staff are very friendly and helpful. It is fun watching all the parties even if you can't go. The parties make it noisy, however. The restaurants have great drinks but the food is very subpar. The pool is nice and regular guests can use it on Sunday, but aren't able to any night during SDCC. There's a Starbucks attached, and they have free coffee in the lobby.

Location/Convenience
Celebrity Sightings- Met Chadwick Boseman, Jaimie Alexander, James Gunn, etc.
Amazing waterfall showers and lemongrass scented toiletries
Starbucks
Good customer service
Cool aesthetic

Finally, what didn't you like about staying at this hotel

Rooms are kind of small
Noisy
Can't use pool during SDCC

Offline darlenealderson

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #130 on: January 27, 2018, 12:12:43 PM »
Name of Hotel: Manchester Grand Hyatt
Type of Room: Two Doubles
Number of Nights You Stayed: 4

Hotel Review: A gorgeous lobby with friendly, helpful employees. Magnificent views of San Diego if you're on a higher floor. Smallish (but comfortable) beds, but a lot of space to move around within the room. A decent location, close to the Convention Center and outside dining. I've heard the pools/fitness centers are nice, but I didn't use them because it was close enough to walk to my gym (24 Hour fitness).

Pretty lobby
Nice views
Celebrity Sightings- Met Tyler Posey
Two convenience stores inside the hotel
Comfy beds
It's nice to walk around the Marina at night
Panel Swag Redemption room
Quiet

Finally, what didn't you like about staying at this hotel
Beds are kind of small
Room was dusty
Doesn't seem far but can be a trek after a long day at the con
They overcharged my friend for parking (but swiftly reserved the charge without any issue when I emailed).
My backpack got stolen from the curb right as SDCC was ending on Sunday and I was waiting for an Uber (not the hotel's fault but it was SO CHAOTIC at this time).

Offline comicconfamily

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Instagram: @ComicConFamily
    • Comic Con Family
  • Liked: 160
« Reply #131 on: April 25, 2018, 04:15:31 PM »
Name of Hotel: Springhill Suites Mission Valley

Type of Room: 2 queens + sofa bed

Number of Nights You Stayed: 8 nights

Year(s) You Stayed There: 2016, 2017

Hotel Review:

This is probably our top favorite Mission Valley hotel.

* Were there any dining options inside or near the hotel? Free breakfast; Starbucks in parking lot (with drive thru) -- great for grabbing coffee before head into the convention center, using mobile ordering on their app is a great timesaver; nearest restaurants are about 1/2 mile away (In-N-Out Burger, Broken Yolk Cafe, etc).

* How was the hotel staff? Staff was very friendly and helpful!

* Did you order room service? No room service available.

* Tell us about the hotel amenities, like the gym or pool. There is a gym, but didn't use it. There is a pool, which we've used once. It's just a basic outdoor pool, no hot tub.

* Were you and your roommates able to sleep and move around in the room comfortably? Room is decent size -- not too small but not huge. There is a walk-in closet with shelving which is very helpful for storing luggage or whatever. We particularly like that the bathroom is split into 2 separate rooms. One has a toilet and small sink & mirror -- the other has the shower and another sink (with more counter space) -- this makes it so much easier to get ready for bed at night or get ready in the morning when sharing your room with multiple people or for families.

* If you drove and parked your car at the hotel, how much was the parking rate per day for overnight stays? Parking was about $19 a night.

* How long did it take you to travel to and from your hotel by shuttle, trolley, or on foot? It takes about 30 minutes to get from hotel to convention center via shuttle. Shuttle picks up/drops off right at the hotel lobby entrance which is nice.

* Are the walls of the room thin?  What are the noise levels in your room from outside sources (hallway or next door)? We didn't have any issues or complaints with noise level. The hotel is close to the freeway, but that didn't bother us. If you might be sensitive to this, ask for a room that doesn't face the I-8 freeway.

* Does the hotel have free WiFi for guests? Yes

* Are you a member of the hotel's rewards program?  What level do you have, and what kind of perks did you get? We are, but didn't recieve any perks - just points for our stay. If booking through OnPeak, be sure to double check that they have your rewards number when you check in.

In addition to the above, we like:
--Rooms are clean
--Each room has a small refrigerator and microwave.
--Beds are comfortable.
--Easy on/off freeway if you are driving into the convention center.
--Easy access to shopping, if you are driving (Target, mall, movie theater, etc are all close).
--There is a outside patio area with a gas fire "pit" for relaxing. There is also tables and chairs so you can eat breakfast outside, if you wish.

Overall, we really like this hotel and have almost no complaints. The only things we could say are:
--The views aren't great.
--Breakfast seating can be a challenge at their busiest times, but we've always made it work
--It isn't super close to the convention center, so if you drive in, you have to deal with the morning traffic Thursday-Friday (Saturday & Sunday isn't as bad).
SDCC 2011 - 2022
WonderCon 2017 - 2022

Offline MangostarZ

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 28
« Reply #132 on: April 25, 2018, 06:03:19 PM »
Name of Hotel: Westin Gaslamp Quarter

Type of Room: (Did your room have 1 king-sized bed, 2 full-sized beds, or another type of bed?  Did you have a suite?) We booked 1 King through OnPeak. At check-in the gave us a double queen without us even asking :)

Number of Nights You Stayed: 4

Year(s) You Stayed There: (Type in the actual year: 2012, 2013, 2014, etc.) SDCC 2017

Hotel Review:

(Here are some questions to get you started as you think about your hotel stay during Comic-Con.  Again, you can answer all or some of these questions to help you write your hotel feedback comments.)

* Were there any dining options inside or near the hotel? Yes
   If "Yes," tell us about the restaurants and type of food they had (if you remember).

There was a Starbucks in the lobby and I think some sort of dining area (didn't go much towards it). Also, a bar next to the dining area.

* How was the hotel staff?  Were they polite and courteous? Yes and yes.

* Did you order room service? Yes
   If yes, tell us about if you had a good experience with room service.

We ordered room service super late at night as our flight arrived around midnight. Pretty quick and the food was very good (or maybe I was super hungry from traveling for 24 hours)

There's a hot tub and pool on one of the floors (can't remember). You need to use your card to get in. I did not personally go in either, but my roommates did.

The room had plenty of space for three people. I think it's pretty average sized.

* If you drove and parked your car at the hotel, how much was the parking rate per day for overnight stays? N/A

* How long did it take you to travel to and from your hotel by shuttle, trolley, or on foot? Walking to the convention center took about 20-25 minutes with foot traffic.

* Are the walls of the room thin?  What are the noise levels in your room from outside sources (hallway or next door)? I did not hear any noise from other rooms.

* Does the hotel have free WiFi for guests?  (Yes or No) No. I ended up paying for WiFi for a couple of days.

* Are you a member of the hotel's rewards program?  What level do you have, and what kind of perks did you get? I am part of SPG. I had just signed up so no perks at the time.

I saw David Ramsey and Tara Strong at the CVS near the hotel at the same time. They seemed to know each other pretty well. I'm pretty sure my roommate met the Duffer brothers in the elevator. She had not watched Stranger Things yet, so she could not confirm, but they way she described them should have been them. Funny enough, they were staying on floor 11 of the hotel :)

Since you might have already wrote about it from the questions above, just make a quick list about the things you liked the most about your stay at this particular hotel.

Pretty good location for walking. Close to everything in the Gaslamp Quarter if you feel like going out at night. Right across from the Spreckel's Theater where Conan is taped.

Tell us about anything that negatively impacted your stay at this particular hotel that you may not have already mentioned above.

Nothing that sticks out in my mind.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 10:39:52 AM by MangostarZ »

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #133 on: April 25, 2018, 10:00:32 PM »
Name of Hotel:  Crowne Plaza

This was the hotel we got from OnPeak last year.  I can't review the rooms because the morning we arrived with reservations in hand, they told us they overbooked and moved us to another hotel.  We were not the only ones booted.  The hotel they moved us to was a lower quality, but we had no choice.  Not like it's easy to find a hotel during SDCC.  I'm not booking Crowne Plaza ever again.

Offline comicconfamily

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Instagram: @ComicConFamily
    • Comic Con Family
  • Liked: 160
« Reply #134 on: April 26, 2018, 10:33:59 AM »
Name of Hotel: SpringHill Suites Downtown/Bayfront

Type of Room: 2 queens + sofa bed

Number of Nights You Stayed: 2 nights

Hotel Review:

Really enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would definitely stay again! We booked this hotel as part of our pre-SDCC trip.

--Free breakfast at the hotel which was great & full of options. There is also two places to enoy breakfast: #1 - inside usual breakfast room or #2 - outside on the balcony overlooking the bay (weather permitting). They have actual food stations set up on the balcony, so if you prefer this, you don't have to go to the inside breakfast room at all.
--"Beach Hut Deli" is connected, but just outside the hotel. They offer sandwiches, salads, etc. (we didn't eat there)
--"Carnitas' Snack Shack" is located within walking distance (5 min), along the bay. They serve tacos, sandwiches, craft beer, etc. (we didn't eat there)
--Claim Jumpers at the nearby Wyndham Bayside (about 1/2 mile). We walked here and ate there our first night.
--There is also a Ruth Chris Steakhouse at the Wyndham.
--Hazelwoods On the Bay at nearby Wyndam Bayside, another sandwich place, accessible from Harbor Drive (we didn't eat here)
--More restaurants about 1/2 mile a way near Seaport Village, plus you can hop on ferry easily and eat at restaurants on Coronodo

* How was the hotel staff? Staff was great - very friendly.

* Did you order room service? No room service available.

* Tell us about the hotel amenities, like the gym or pool. There is a gym & pool, but we didn't use either. Pool is outdoors on the rooftop and is heated.

* Were you and your roommates able to sleep and move around in the room comfortably? Room is usual Springhill Suites size -- average size (not too small but not big). We had 5 in our room and were comfortable.

* If you drove and parked your car at the hotel, how much was the parking rate per day for overnight stays? Self parking was about $35 a night when we stayed (I think it's $38 now). They say it's "limited self parking", so we were concerned we might not get a spot, but we didn't have any issues.

* How long did it take you to travel to and from your hotel by shuttle, trolley, or on foot? According to CCI, it takes about 33 minutes to get from this hotel to convention center via shuttle (we didn't use the shuttle during this stay).

* Are the walls of the room thin?  What are the noise levels in your room from outside sources (hallway or next door)? We didn't have any issues or complaints with noise level from guests in other rooms, however, there was a wedding reception with a DJ on the rooftop balcony which our room looked down on. We could hear the music and laughter in our room, but we didn't mind. It wrapped up by about 10pm, I think. There was also fireworks on the USS Midway on the Saturday night we were there and you could hear those in your room (we loved being able to watch them from our room).

* Does the hotel have free WiFi for guests? Yes

* Are you a member of the hotel's rewards program?  What level do you have, and what kind of perks did you get? Received points for our stay (tip: if booking through OnPeak, be sure to double check that they have your rewards number when you check in.)

In addition to the above, we like:
--Rooms are clean
--Each room has a small refrigerator and microwave
--Beds are comfortable
--Loved the view of the bay & of the USS Midway
--We were able to watch fireworks from the USS Midway on a Saturday night (not sure if this happens all the time?)
--The rooftop balcony was geat for relaxing
--This hotel is very close (walking distance) to the USS Midway and the ferry landing if you want to go over to Coronado (we did both)
--Ceiling-to-floor windows

Nothing -- we were very happy with our stay.
SDCC 2011 - 2022
WonderCon 2017 - 2022