Author Topic: SDCC 2018 Pro Registration  (Read 26753 times)

Offline dkd

• Hall H
  • Liked: 632
Re: SDCC 2018 Pro Registration
« Reply #135 on: November 08, 2017, 12:40:13 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Just got an email to purchase my Trade Pro badge

I got mine too.  Wow, doing it BEFORE open registration.

That makes sense, but I don't believe they did it that way last year.

Offline Angie

• Ballroom 20
    • The NerdyGirl's Blog
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #136 on: November 08, 2017, 02:14:09 PM »
I got mine too.  Wow, doing it BEFORE open registration.

That makes sense, but I don't believe they did it that way last year.

I thought I had read that it was after Open Reg last year. Its kind of throwing me for a loop...does anyone know if I buy a trade badge will they still let me do Open Reg to buy for others? The email says I may not do Returning Reg next year but there is nothing about Open.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #137 on: Today at 02:28:54 AM »

Offline dkd

• Hall H
  • Liked: 632
« Reply #137 on: November 08, 2017, 08:15:24 PM »
I thought I had read that it was after Open Reg last year. Its kind of throwing me for a loop...does anyone know if I buy a trade badge will they still let me do Open Reg to buy for others? The email says I may not do Returning Reg next year but there is nothing about Open.

They could always change their policy, but I believe you should be able to do it.  I just bought my Trade Pro badge for myself and a guest.  I may still participate in a buying group to help others.  Since I just got renewed, I have a few years to worry about getting back on the regular badge list.

Offline jeffa

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #138 on: November 09, 2017, 03:46:25 AM »
I can only speculate because it's a new thing having Trade Pro registration before Open Registration. But I *believe* that you can register as a Trade Pro now and add your guest later if they haven't run out. The Trade Pro badges will likely last through the deadline date but Guest badges won't. In the past, the purchased Guest badges have been available long after the window opened. It's the complimentary Creative Pro badges that are most limited.

I will wait to get my Trade badge -- our results with Open Registration will determine which way we go. Guest badge would go to someone we can't get in during Open. I'm eligible for a senior discount plus I can't attend on Sunday, so I'd save real $ if I get in through the lottery.

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 88
« Reply #139 on: November 09, 2017, 07:30:00 AM »
I can only speculate because it's a new thing having Trade Pro registration before Open Registration. But I *believe* that you can register as a Trade Pro now and add your guest later if they haven't run out. The Trade Pro badges will likely last through the deadline date but Guest badges won't. In the past, the purchased Guest badges have been available long after the window opened. It's the complimentary Creative Pro badges that are most limited.

I will wait to get my Trade badge -- our results with Open Registration will determine which way we go. Guest badge would go to someone we can't get in during Open. I'm eligible for a senior discount plus I can't attend on Sunday, so I'd save real $ if I get in through the lottery.

I am not sure you can add a guest later - for Creative Pros it is my understanding that you had to add your Guest at the time of registration - you might want to get a clarification from Comic-con.

Offline Angie

• Ballroom 20
    • The NerdyGirl's Blog
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #140 on: November 09, 2017, 07:49:50 AM »
I really hope I can still do Open Reg to helo my group. We did so poorly in Ret Reg that I ended up just buying the guest badge now instead of waiting. Don't want to take any chances!

Offline EscoBlades

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 49
« Reply #141 on: December 29, 2017, 10:16:53 AM »
Pro Badge acquired and registered a guest too.

All set :)

Offline ArkhamNightmare

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #142 on: February 11, 2018, 02:42:42 PM »
I asked this somewhere before but I can’t find the thread. Does anyone have a list of all the perks of having the trade pro badge. This is my third year having one & I just found out about the early entry into preview night last year and someone informed me that there’s a separate & early entrance for the Everything Else line that’s around the back a few weeks ago but that’s all I’ve heard. If anyone has a list of all the perks, I’d greatly appreciate it as well as any additional info. onsite or offsite that perks that anyone can give.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline rickythump

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 310
« Reply #143 on: February 11, 2018, 05:02:25 PM »
Aside from the entrance for Pro's in Sails (on Preview night and throughout the con), there is a "Professional Lounge" with water and some places to sit if you need downtime or want to charge your phone or anything (its across from Sails near Ballroom 6AB area). I've only ever stopped in the lounge for two seconds to get some water when I was waiting in line for something else though.

That's about it for perks as far as I know. The "early" entrance for the show floor doesn't always guarantee you'll be that early though. Last year I lined up about six hours in advance on Preview Night and was unable to grab the thing I lined up so early for. If you just want to get in with minimal hassle, its a good option - but with the amount of people who abuse the exhibitor passes, if you truly want to be one of the first on the floor plan to lineup FAR in advance.

Last year, it was a bit of a clusterf* on Th/Fr/Sa to get up to the Pro line early. The majority of the guards outside the doors wouldn't let anyone in, if you truly wanted in early you had to go around to each door and try to find the guard who understood where you were going or just luck out and get let in early somehow. I think that is a big part of what led to the Sails line being backed up all along the waterfront Friday morning.

edit: the early intro on Preview Night and early entrance for the Everything Else line are the same place
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 05:11:48 PM by rickythump »

Offline darlenealderson

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 75
« Reply #144 on: February 12, 2018, 06:54:52 AM »
I'm going to need a fellow pro to help me find the secret pro entrance this year. I've tried for the last three years, to no avail.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #145 on: February 12, 2018, 10:09:08 AM »
I'm going to need a fellow pro to help me find the secret pro entrance this year. I've tried for the last three years, to no avail.
It's through the basement.  Like where Pee-Wee's bike was in the Alamo

Offline sin86a

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 85
« Reply #146 on: March 05, 2018, 07:10:03 AM »
Aside from the entrance for Pro's in Sails (on Preview night and throughout the con), there is a "Professional Lounge" with water and some places to sit if you need downtime or want to charge your phone or anything (its across from Sails near Ballroom 6AB area). I've only ever stopped in the lounge for two seconds to get some water when I was waiting in line for something else though.

That's about it for perks as far as I know. The "early" entrance for the show floor doesn't always guarantee you'll be that early though. Last year I lined up about six hours in advance on Preview Night and was unable to grab the thing I lined up so early for. If you just want to get in with minimal hassle, its a good option - but with the amount of people who abuse the exhibitor passes, if you truly want to be one of the first on the floor plan to lineup FAR in advance.

Last year, it was a bit of a clusterf* on Th/Fr/Sa to get up to the Pro line early. The majority of the guards outside the doors wouldn't let anyone in, if you truly wanted in early you had to go around to each door and try to find the guard who understood where you were going or just luck out and get let in early somehow. I think that is a big part of what led to the Sails line being backed up all along the waterfront Friday morning.

edit: the early intro on Preview Night and early entrance for the Everything Else line are the same place

This is going to sound super dumb considering I've had a pro badge for years, but where is the early entrance pro line in the sails? I spent all of last year going door to door for someone to even let me upstairs and almost no one considered my badge any different than a general attendee. One guy even said to wait in Ballroom 20 (as if that were possible).

Offline darlenealderson

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 75
« Reply #147 on: March 05, 2018, 07:18:33 AM »
This is going to sound super dumb considering I've had a pro badge for years, but where is the early entrance pro line in the sails? I spent all of last year going door to door for someone to even let me upstairs and almost no one considered my badge any different than a general attendee. One guy even said to wait in Ballroom 20 (as if that were possible).

I have no clue! I've had the same experience, and when I asked for the pro entrance, they looked at me like a fool.

Offline sin86a

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 85
« Reply #148 on: March 05, 2018, 08:54:16 AM »
This ^ Lol

Every security entrance is someone with a different story. Try to enter through D? "Oh you need to go through G." (Goes to G). "Have you tried E?" (head to E). "Sorry but you need to go in through D." (jumps into traffic)

Offline rickythump

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 310
« Reply #149 on: March 05, 2018, 11:53:07 AM »
Every security entrance is someone with a different story. Try to enter through D? "Oh you need to go through G." (Goes to G). "Have you tried E?" (head to E). "Sorry but you need to go in through D." (jumps into traffic)

That's the issue. The actual entrance to get in to the Pro line is in the hallway outside of Sails.... but the problem is none of the security guards will actually let you into the building. I did the exact same thing last year, walked to every entrance and was told "Go to X and try" and was even told by one security guard that they "weren't doing it anymore".

I got lucky on Thursday morning and I was able to explain to the guard where I was going and he let me in. I tried the same thing on Friday morning (which was the first time I've ever seen the EE line be so long outside) and the guards basically told me it wasn't going to happen. I think I went to every door trying to get in, started at 5am and by 7am I just gave up and waited for the guards to open the front doors.

If there is an exclusive that you absolutely need to be on the floor first for, it is a much safer bet to just line up the with Everything Else line early enough that you can wait in the winding line upstairs in Sails with the people who have standard badges. Lining up in the pro line just had too many variables with the security guards (or anyone for that matter) not knowing what the rules are.

When it works out and the security guard lets you in the building, its an awesome resource... but if it is one of the mornings where you have to spend an hour trying find a guard to actually let you inside, you've just wasted a good chunk of time that would have been better spent in the general EE line.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 11:57:44 AM by rickythump »