Author Topic: NYCC UA VIP questions...  (Read 1943 times)

Offline SiddFinch

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 44
NYCC UA VIP questions...
« on: July 18, 2014, 08:08:02 AM »
So I broke down and grabbed a VIP pass... just had a couple questions though...

Firstly, where is the separate entrance to the con for VIP ticket holders?

My second question is regarding ticketed autographs. I've only been to NYCC once, in 2012, so I'm not sure if they used the same process last year. Anyway, for autograph opportunities like The Walking Dead cast, Robot Chicken, Venture Bros, etc, it was first-come, first-served in terms of acquiring an autograph ticket. There were NYCC reps starting at the beginning and simply walking down the line asking who wanted a ticket for each of the signings, until all tickets had been passed out. This was at the main entrance. So my question is, if there's a separate VIP entrance, do they offer the autograph tickets over there as well?

Thanks in advance for any and all insight!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 08:17:14 AM by SiddFinch »

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 494
Re: NYCC UA VIP questions...
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 11:38:40 AM »
VIP, Press, Pros, and Exhibitors use the doors closest to 34th St. Everyone else uses the doors at the other end of the convention center.

Last year the autograph tickets were done via online lottery on the NYCC Facebook page. You clicked which one you wanted and it told you whether or not you won tickets. I have no idea how they'll do them this year.
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:32:16 AM »

Offline RighteousRita

• Hall H
  • Liked: 455
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 12:02:15 PM »
Also regarding autographs. Some celebs used a 3rd party to arrange the auto/photo ops while others just announced that they will do it and you just go to the auto/photo ops area and walked up there and got them done at there booths.

Hope this helps.

Offline zuko3984

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 110
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 04:16:50 PM »
Last year they did an online lottery for the free autograph sessions. I think they said they were gong to do something different this year but I don't think they are ever going back to the first come first served method. I think they want to discourage people from lining up all night long outside the Javitz center.

Offline SiddFinch

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 44
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 09:11:38 PM »
Thanks much for the helpful replies!