Author Topic: NYCC 2016 General Discussions and Questions  (Read 81391 times)

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 829
Re: NYCC General Discussions and Questions
« Reply #450 on: October 05, 2016, 11:11:38 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Good luck to every one traveling today!!

I've been here since late Friday night!   :)
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 829
« Reply #451 on: October 05, 2016, 07:09:58 PM »
I plan to see the "Ash Evil Dead" panel at the Hammerstein Thursday morning at 11.  Can I just go direct to the Hammerstein without stopping off at the Javits first?  I know you can go to The Theatre @ Madison Square Garden without having to go to the Javits.
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: NYCC 2016 General Discussions and Questions
« Reply #452 on: Today at 02:40:11 AM »

Offline eco49

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #452 on: October 05, 2016, 07:39:02 PM »
I plan to see the "Ash Evil Dead" panel at the Hammerstein Thursday morning at 11.  Can I just go direct to the Hammerstein without stopping off at the Javits first?  I know you can go to The Theatre @ Madison Square Garden without having to go to the Javits.
Yeah, go straight to Hammerstein. You only need to line up at Javits for stuff at Javits.

Offline debster

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 569
« Reply #453 on: October 06, 2016, 06:16:30 AM »
They are not making people in the main stage panels wait until 10 like they did before in order to get your badge tapped (at least not today). You also get a confirmation email once your badge is tapped for a main stage panel.

Offline mdla

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 171
« Reply #454 on: October 06, 2016, 11:06:25 AM »
Are you allowed to tap for more than one badge for the main badge (like if my friend wasn't there could I register her badge for a main stage "ticket" as well)?  I'm guessing the answer is no, but just wanted to make sure.

Also, for Iron Fist how early would I need to get there to get a ticket?  Thanks!

Offline debster

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 569
« Reply #455 on: October 07, 2016, 06:00:37 AM »
They are not making people in the main stage panels wait until 10 like they did before in order to get your badge tapped (at least not today). You also get a confirmation email once your badge is tapped for a main stage panel.

Today/Friday is different, they are making us wait to get our main stage taps. Right now it's 9, I wonder if they'll wait like they normally do until 10 to start.

Also new today, everyone is getting  wanded after you tap into the Javits.

Offline zuko3984

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 110
« Reply #456 on: October 07, 2016, 06:31:01 AM »
I'm really not sure about how this line to get into the theater at the garden is going to work. they won't let people in till 930 and they are only letting in 20 people at a time because everyone has to have their bags checked and empy their pockets and go through the metal detector. i have no idea how they expect  to do all that and get everyone on in by the time the panel starts at 1030. they didnt have this type of security at SDCC. i guess we will see how well this works but if they do want this much Security they really need to start letting people in earlier.

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
« Reply #457 on: October 07, 2016, 08:04:48 AM »
The safety check is the venue rule.

It is not too bad. 
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #458 on: October 07, 2016, 10:11:49 AM »
Highly recommend following @nycclines
They seem to be doing a good job keeping everyone up dated
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline zuko3984

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 110
« Reply #459 on: October 07, 2016, 06:33:14 PM »
The safety check is the venue rule.

It is not too bad.

I know it's a venue rule, Just like the no outside food or beverage rule. But in my opinion the venue rules don't work well with the type of event that NY Comic Con is. MSG's rules work fine for an event like a concert that lasts 2 hours and has people coming in at staggered times. Comic con is different. Everyone is trying to get in at the same time first thing and many people are spending the whole day in the room. It's really annoying to have to buy the overpriced food and beverage if you are spending the whole day. And i really found it annoying that they took off the cap from all drinks and wouldn't give them to me. It's annoying to keep things from spilling without the cap. I guess we will see how it goes Saturday with what i expect to be a much larger crowd and line to get in but i think the main reason today went well is that the venue never really filled up. It actually had a more staggered entry like a concert then the typical comic con panels like those at SDCC. Maybe and hopefully i'll be proven wrong tomorrow.

Offline Computer Gary

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #460 on: October 07, 2016, 10:05:33 PM »
And i really found it annoying that they took off the cap from all drinks and wouldn't give them to me. It's annoying to keep things from spilling without the cap.

I got around that by bringing my own bottle cap from home.  Seriously!

Not at the Hammerstein Ballroom - I've never attended any event there, NYCC-related or not.  But Giants Stadium used to have a policy of keeping the caps from bottled drinks as well.  I remember one Bruce Springsteen concert at Giants Stadium in 2003 (I think) where it was a good thing I brought my own cap, because I had bought a bottle of water from the concession stands.  I had put my bottle on the floor next to me - no cupholders back in those days - but with all the standing and jumping and such that you can expect at a Springsteen show, when I reached down to take a drink I found the bottle was on its side!  If I didn't use my own cap, the water would have spilled out and the money I paid for it - not cheap - gone to waste.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #461 on: October 07, 2016, 10:22:09 PM »
I got around that by bringing my own bottle cap from home.  Seriously!

Not at the Hammerstein Ballroom - I've never attended any event there, NYCC-related or not.  But Giants Stadium used to have a policy of keeping the caps from bottled drinks as well.  I remember one Bruce Springsteen concert at Giants Stadium in 2003 (I think) where it was a good thing I brought my own cap, because I had bought a bottle of water from the concession stands.  I had put my bottle on the floor next to me - no cupholders back in those days - but with all the standing and jumping and such that you can expect at a Springsteen show, when I reached down to take a drink I found the bottle was on its side!  If I didn't use my own cap, the water would have spilled out and the money I paid for it - not cheap - gone to waste.

Excellent advice!  Great idea for fellow con-goers and forum members alike.  Thanks for sharing, [member=3679]Computer Gary[/member].

(Even though I'm not at NYCC but have been following the news from the convention this weekend, there could be a time where this information might end up being very useful!  You never know...  Ha ha.  ^__^)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
« Reply #462 on: October 09, 2016, 03:55:27 PM »
I did not get a chance to explore the floor much this year and missed this booth.

Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Offline RighteousRita

• Hall H
  • Liked: 455
« Reply #463 on: October 09, 2016, 07:12:19 PM »
Another tip for the Theater at MSG. You can sneak in food, by doing this. Putting it on your person in an available large pocket. When you go through the metal detector, if you don't go off, then, you won't be wanded.

I sneaked in a sandwich, which was a blessing.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #464 on: October 10, 2016, 10:06:19 AM »
To everyone traveling today, hope your day goes smoothly!!
And don't forget to treat yourself well today

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5