Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Press Registration  (Read 8814 times)

Offline Undead Stephanie

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 30
Re: SDCC 2019 Press Registration
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2018, 09:48:36 PM »
I think this will ultimately be good and make it easier. This year, however, has some growing pains. So far, it had us as Due when we just reapplied last year. My editor (on the east coast and has never been to SDCC) is of course the key contact but it’s a bit mysterious to him how this works. It also did not let him register as our site name saying it was already taken. I think something is getting lost in translation but I’m not sure what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2018, 11:43:27 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think this will ultimately be good and make it easier. This year, however, has some growing pains. So far, it had us as Due when we just reapplied last year. My editor (on the east coast and has never been to SDCC) is of course the key contact but it’s a bit mysterious to him how this works. It also did not let him register as our site name saying it was already taken. I think something is getting lost in translation but I’m not sure what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had to re-apply this year when I only applied in 2017. I think we are going to be seeing a lot more one year only press passes. The days of granting two year passes, in my opinion, are gone. Looks like they want to ensure the press that are accepted are there because they want/need to be rather than just turning up on a freebie and not doing anything.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 11:01:59 AM »

Offline Cdizzlefizzle

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2018, 05:35:34 AM »
Is anyone having trouble sending in the actual application? Every time I try to send the application it bounces back with a weird error message saying that the call letters for my radio station aren't on the form, even though it clearly was there before I sent the form. I contacted Comic-Con about this but I'm nervous about them getting back to me in time for me to still make the deadline.

Offline beadrbop

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 86
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2018, 07:47:20 PM »
Is anyone having trouble sending in the actual application? Every time I try to send the application it bounces back with a weird error message saying that the call letters for my radio station aren't on the form, even though it clearly was there before I sent the form. I contacted Comic-Con about this but I'm nervous about them getting back to me in time for me to still make the deadline.

Take a screen cap of the error you are receiving. (show that the call letters are on there) Might be a glitch? Sorry. Hope it gets through ok for you. Good luck.

Offline darqamin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 179
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2018, 10:09:50 PM »
We were able to apply successfully without an error message as a returning outlet. But where do we check on status of application? I believe our outlet contact can login via his own account, but it says that the outlet ID can be used to log in as well to check press status, but is that supposed to be used at the regular address for member IDs (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) or somewhere else? It isn't working there.

Press application status may be available in both the Comic-Con Outlet ID account, and the Comic-Con Member ID account of the Outlet Key Contact (OKC).

Offline beadrbop

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 86
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2018, 11:46:17 AM »
We were able to apply successfully without an error message as a returning outlet. But where do we check on status of application? I believe our outlet contact can login via his own account, but it says that the outlet ID can be used to log in as well to check press status, but is that supposed to be used at the regular address for member IDs (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) or somewhere else? It isn't working there.

Did you receive an email from CCI after the press application was successfully submitted by the Outlet Key Contact? In that email yes it states: "the press application status of this outlet may be available in both the Comic-Con Outlet ID account, and the Comic-Con Member ID account of the Outlet Key Contact (OKC). Please note this is not a confirmation of press application approval, or badge registration."

My outlet submitted the materials and application for myself (I'm the photographer that the agency sends). I received an email from CCI stating that they got the application it also included a summary of what they submitted i.e. the application information media letter (that was uploaded to CCI portal), and the various links i.e. the agency social media links plus the links to articles were my photos were utilized. It would be great yes to see the status of the application. I believe the Outlet Key Contact person can see the status in their Member ID area. (it would show -status as being reviewed) Hope this helps. Good luck! Keeping fingers crossed for all.

Offline darqamin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 179
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2018, 04:29:22 PM »
Yes we received the same kind of email and our contact person can log in to check. But as said would be nice if that other option was available (general outlet status) as mentioned because I can't log into our contact persons' area (nor should I since it is his private login). In any event, he will update us when it is done, just odd to see the second option mentioned as a place to check status ("Comic-Con Outlet ID account") but no link or place to do it.

Edit - the information for the verified contact again lists that the outlet accounts will be loginable later, so I think that is a feature coming later on.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 08:05:08 PM by darqamin »

Offline vickyhope

• Freebie Table
  • Journalist, Editor in Chief and Tea Enthusiast. <3
    • Amelie Magazine
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2019, 07:12:15 AM »
Already registered my outlet yesterday! Have you guys registered? I feel like the ideo of matching SDCC+ Wondercon together for the press inquiries was a very good idea

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2019, 12:21:46 PM »
Already registered my outlet yesterday! Have you guys registered? I feel like the ideo of matching SDCC+ Wondercon together for the press inquiries was a very good idea

How does the actual registration process work?  I'm the key contact and when I log into my account there's no option to register my people yet.  It just tells me how many badges we have.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2019, 12:45:13 PM »
How does the actual registration process work?  I'm the key contact and when I log into my account there's no option to register my people yet.  It just tells me how many badges we have.

I think the idea is that your outlet is approved for X number of badges, and then it is up to the key contact to allocate those badges to their staff.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2019, 01:15:04 PM »
I think the idea is that your outlet is approved for X number of badges, and then it is up to the key contact to allocate those badges to their staff.

Yep but HOW.  I'm looking in my profile and there's no button for it.  I can see how many badges are allotted but I don't have the ability to assign them.

Offline vickyhope

• Freebie Table
    • Amelie Magazine
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2019, 04:07:17 PM »
Yep but HOW.  I'm looking in my profile and there's no button for it.  I can see how many badges are allotted but I don't have the ability to assign them.

Oh, you have to click on the button at the right side of your screen. You should have a part called 'press' in your Comic Con org account. Click at the 'press' board and them look at the right corner again. A message saying New Outlet Application'' should appear. Click there and make and then you just need to click the topics saying whether it's your first time trying out or if you're returning
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 04:13:26 PM by vickyhope »

Offline vickyhope

• Freebie Table
    • Amelie Magazine
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2019, 04:09:10 PM »

Try entering this link and see if they can help too! I cannot enter in my associate area now, but try looking at the right corner of your screen for the press apply You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2019, 04:33:13 PM »

Oh, you have to click on the button at the right side of your screen. You should have a part called 'press' in your Comic Con org account. Click at the 'press' board and them look at the right corner again. A message saying New Outlet Application'' should appear. Click there and make and then you just need to click the topics saying whether it's your first time trying out or if you're returning

Ok I see where this is going now.  But now I get to a screen that asks for a password and I tried putting in my personal password and it didn't work.  And there's no "forgot password" option D:

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2019, 04:55:30 PM »
So I found the password buried deep within my email but when I tried to log in it said it wasn't time to register yet and that an email would be coming later with additional information.  So.  I still can't register.