Author Topic: WonderCon 2019**Making new friends** Going solo to wonder con for the first time  (Read 3378 times)

Offline Batman83

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 4
Looking to make new friends with common interests. Gone to many cons with groups but I will be flying solo this year. Looking for group activities, meet ups or even just kicking it at a bar after the con! 8)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 01:42:22 AM by Batman83 »

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 591
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Looking to make new friends with common interests. Gone to many cons with groups but I will be flying solo this year. Looking for group activities, meet ups or even just kicking it at a bar after the con! 8)

We have a very open group that attends SDCC and SDCC. I’m not attending WonderCon this year, but I’m sure some of the folks in our group would be happy to meet you. PM @omraged9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline omraged9

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 242
Sorry, I'm not sure if we're having a big meet-up this year. Last year was great since we had several of our group members to hang out with at Wondercon but it seems like there might be only a couple of us (from our group) going this year. Anyone else hosting a meet-up for FoCC members this year?

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 6995
there isn't a meet up planed at this point, but we usually do supper at the Marriot buffett on Saturday night. it's $25 ish - we'll probably meet at 7pm ish
there's usually a group that meets up in the hilton bar for drinks. of course there's line buddies, [member=8696]Batman83[/member]. I'd suggest once it gets closer, posting your interests and hopefully find a like minded person to help with lines? <--just an idea
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Batman83

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 4
Thanks for the suggestion [member=1]alyssa[/member]! I figured I’d just post this early on. I have interests in all things marvel, dc, gaming (almost every genre), screenplay writing, figures and collectibles. (Not into pop vinyls tho lol)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 6995
Thanks for the suggestion [member=1]alyssa[/member]! I figured I’d just post this early on. I have interests in all things marvel, dc, gaming (almost every genre), screenplay writing, figures and collectibles. (Not into pop vinyls tho lol)
WHAT not a Funko collector ?!? LOL Neither am I, all tho I'll pick up a rare one that speaks to me if it presents it's self. there's usually a big panel for marvel and dc- you can try and meet up with folks attending. I may be interested in some of the board gaming. remind me later on I'll try and connect u with some of the exclusive types-
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline knight101

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 15
Yay! another non-funko person. I have 5, and 2 of those were gifts that I can't seem to part with for some reason.  :D

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 591
Yay! another non-funko person. I have 5, and 2 of those were gifts that I can't seem to part with for some reason.  :D
I’m not without my obsessions, but Funko is not one of them. Ironically, I won the lottery for Funko at last year’s SDCC and ended buying, it might have been, a $1000 worth for @dolphinax. I’ve been gifted some nifty ones that I treasure though. @tardismom gave me a Conan Flash (I love Flash) that has a special place on my mantle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk