Author Topic: Disney Plus Streaming Platform  (Read 16875 times)

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
Re: Disney Plus Streaming Platform
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2019, 12:59:38 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
With the advent of password managers, especially those that have browser integration, there's almost no excuse not to have randomly generated passwords for the majority of websites. Heck, even Chrome has built in auto-random-password-generation. I think only a handful of my passwords are those of my own creation, but they're all completely unique from one another.

I don't use password managers.  It's not that hard to manage complex passwords yourself.  There's the single point of failure argument against password managers since you unlock it with a master password that isn't complex.  Once they have that master password, they have all your passwords.  So in someways, password managers make it easier to get hacked.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 01:05:31 AM by chocolateshake »

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2019, 08:34:31 AM »
I don't use password managers.  It's not that hard to manage complex passwords yourself.  There's the single point of failure argument against password managers since you unlock it with a master password that isn't complex.  Once they have that master password, they have all your passwords.  So in someways, password managers make it easier to get hacked.

Agreed here. I would never use a password manager for that reason.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #92 on: Today at 09:58:16 AM »

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2019, 10:47:54 AM »

I get that argument and I understand it. My password for my password manager is actually rather complex... it's actually my longest password.

And I used to create unique complex passwords per website, but it became untenable. To create a unique password per website that you can remember requires a formula, and that formula has to depend on the website in some manner. (simple example: password includes first three letters of URL). But once someone discovers that formula by reverse engineering a compromised password, then it's trivial to figure out the password for other sites. Also, websites have different password requirements now. Some require 6-8 letters, some require a minimum of 10 letters. Some require not only alphanumeric characters but also symbols, whereas some websites don't allow symbols at all, or if they do, only a small subset of symbols. And then there are some oddball websites out there that allow for only numbers. And then if a website gets compromised and you need to change that password, you have to have a backup formula of some sort that's sufficiently different from your current one.

I'm not saying it can't be done, but I rather depend on a password manager to generate a random set of characters than to create a password formula that takes all the above requirements and more into account.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2019, 12:45:34 PM »
I get that argument and I understand it. My password for my password manager is actually rather complex... it's actually my longest password.

Unfortunately, I don't most people do that. I would not be surprised that people use the shortest master password that they can get away with.

If people must use a password manager, I would suggest they use a local one and not a cloud based one. Cloud based services are much easier to crack and have been done so in the past. Really, they aren't any different from any other website. Banks get hacked. Corporations get hacked. Governments get hacked. Cloud based password managers get hacked. A big difference is that when a password manager gets hacked, they get all your passwords so effectively all your accounts get hacked.

One other step that people don't think of is if you are going to have a different password for each account, then you should have a different email for each account. Since if you use the same email for all your accounts, if your email gets hacked then they can use that email account to reset the password for all the accounts that use that email. That's why probably the most important account to keep secure is your email account.

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2019, 01:02:28 PM »
ANYWAYS......
Disney Plus.

Been enjoying this with my 4 year old daughter.  Finding new (and new old) things for the two of us to watch together.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2019, 03:24:22 PM »
ANYWAYS......
Disney Plus.

Been enjoying this with my 4 year old daughter.  Finding new (and new old) things for the two of us to watch together.

Ha ha, thanks for getting the thread back on topic. ^__~

I've decided to rewatch the '90s Spider-Man animated series as the first thing on my list on DisneyPlus, ha ha.  Ah, just hearing the theme song brings back the nostalgia of being a kid a watching Fox Kids after school. XD
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline tsnyder

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 295
« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2019, 05:39:24 AM »
So far I've been very impressed with the original shows even though there aren't many of them.  Not a big fan of the one a week release though as Netflix and Amazon have spoiled me for life.  REALLY like Mandalorian and thought the Jeff Goldblum and Imagineers show were both very entertaining and and interesting.   I never watched the animated Star Wars shows Clone Wars or Rebels so started binging Clone Wars yesterday.

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2019, 11:10:43 AM »
I've been watching Gargoyles. It always amazes me how great this show is.
Ang

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2019, 12:52:05 PM »
I've been watching Gargoyles. It always amazes me how great this show is.

That's next on my list.  Been wanting to watch it again for years, as it was a favorite of mine growing up. Then, after that, the original DuckTales series. XD
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2019, 12:55:10 PM »
So far I've been very impressed with the original shows even though there aren't many of them.  Not a big fan of the one a week release though as Netflix and Amazon have spoiled me for life.  REALLY like Mandalorian and thought the Jeff Goldblum and Imagineers show were both very entertaining and and interesting.   I never watched the animated Star Wars shows Clone Wars or Rebels so started binging Clone Wars yesterday.

I'm the opposite. I love how Disney+ went with the one week releases. For me, it allows time to digest each episode, perhaps discuss each one, maybe come up with theories, etc. You can't really discuss on a per episode basis with shows like Stranger Things or Jessica Jones if everyone just binges the entire season in one weekend. Of course, you can still wait until all the episodes have come up to binge -- and I'll be honest, I'm doing that for the final season of The Good Place -- but having them released one a week gives us that option of watching as they come out, or binging all at once.

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2019, 07:26:39 PM »
I started Clone Wars yesterday, but my husband called it as one we should watch together and now he’s gone to bed early. Insert Marge Simpson grumble here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TossedSalad

• Gaming Lounge
  • Greetings Programs!
  • Liked: 143
« Reply #101 on: November 24, 2019, 06:54:16 PM »
Loving the service so far. Been fun seeing some deleted scenes that weren’t on the home release of Endgame also. We sat with the kids and watched Robin Hood because that was always a childhood favorite of mine. We’ll get through the hole library soon enough. Mandalorian is 🔥 and I’m anxiously awaiting the next episode each week. Watched the Black Hole as I hadn’t seen that in years! 
Fun isn’t something one considers when preparing for Comic-Con, but attending does put a smile on my face

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #102 on: November 25, 2019, 09:05:01 PM »
Unfortunately, I am having trouble streaming Mandalorian. It keeps pausing to load. My daughter watches the Avenger movies just fine, so I think it is just Mandalorian. Anyone else having issues? I don't want to post in the Mandalorian thread lest I spoil some of the episodes for myself.

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #103 on: November 25, 2019, 10:15:28 PM »
Unfortunately, I am having trouble streaming Mandalorian. It keeps pausing to load. My daughter watches the Avenger movies just fine, so I think it is just Mandalorian. Anyone else having issues? I don't want to post in the Mandalorian thread lest I spoil some of the episodes for myself.

I've actually been having pretty good luck watching it on my tv.  I usually have to unplug the tv for a few minutes every couple of days for anything to work but I haven't noticed the Disney+ app being more unreliable than the others.

Offline Xircuits

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #104 on: November 25, 2019, 10:29:18 PM »
Loving the service so far. Been fun seeing some deleted scenes that weren’t on the home release of Endgame also. We sat with the kids and watched Robin Hood because that was always a childhood favorite of mine. We’ll get through the hole library soon enough. Mandalorian is 🔥 and I’m anxiously awaiting the next episode each week. Watched the Black Hole as I hadn’t seen that in years!

I just watched Robin Hood with my husband just now. Oo de lally!! The first thing I watched was X-Men and X-Men Evolution, followed by The Simpsons and the new live action Lady & the Tramp. Honestly, I prefer the animated version. And we've been making a family dinner date whenever a new episode of the Mandalorian comes out because my brother doesn't have the service. We gather around during dinner time to watch the newest episode. The only hiccups were on day 1. No issues so far. I feel like a child again.  ;D
Handle for most social media & gaming accounts: @Xircuits