Author Topic: mission valley hotels - recommended?  (Read 669 times)

Offline hismaimai8888

• Sails Pavilion
    • rut ham cau quan 12
  • Liked: 0
mission valley hotels - recommended?
« on: November 13, 2018, 09:14:07 PM »
I love these forums! 

If anyone who has stayed in any of the Mission Valley hotels that are currently available for reservations and has any recommendations or suggestions I would be most appreciative! 

And if I am still interested in a downtown room, is there any chance a downtown hotel would open up at this point for even 1 night?  Is OnPeak able to switch my reservation? 
Công ty You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login giá rẻ dịch vụ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login uy tín

Offline cire_raeb

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 84
Re: mission valley hotels - recommended?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 01:50:42 PM »
Town & Country includes breakfast and prices are reasonable.

Offline Citizenvain

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 01:17:14 PM »
I stayed at the DoubleTree my first year and it was fine. Reasonably priced and on the shuttle route.

I wouldn't do it again though as I prefer the hustle and bustle of the Gaslamp.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1535
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 02:07:39 PM »
The vast majority of the hotels in Mission Valley are startlingly similar.  I stayed at the Sheraton and another friend stayed at a different one (can't remember which) and it was basically the same "perks" of any mid range hotel.  Though I've never stayed at Town n Country, I'd recommend it above the others because of the proximity to the trolley in case the shuttles aren't running in a timely manner or if they are too full.  That happened to me one year.  When we had to pick up our badges at Town and Country and the line for shuttles was 500 people deep we just walked a block, hopped on the trolley, and were back downtown in a manner for minutes. Of course the trolley cost money and the shuttles were free, but it was worth not having to wait for like 20 buses to fill up to get back downtown.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Agoyo

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 30
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 10:39:13 AM »
The best hotels in that area as far as the establishment and rooms are San Diego Marriott Mission Valley and Double Tree Mission Valley. Both places are on the shuttle route and are close to the trolley line. If you have a big group there is a rather new Staybridge Suites close to the Marriott that has 2 queens and a fold out so you can easily fit 6.

I have stayed in Town and Country before for both con and other business. I had heard it had undergone a renovation but when I was there for Comic Fest in April it seemed to be the same old T and C. Its fine if you are not looking for anything splashy and the rooms are old and somewhat small. It is close to the trolley line and Fashion Valley mall and its resort nature made it nice for families because its somewhat isolated so it feels safe.

There are two Doubletrees in the area, the MV one is the hotel close to the trolley and also next door to the last 24 hr Fedex in San Diego. Sunday night after comic con that fed ex has been crowded. Also close by is a small shopping center where I got some sketchbooks once and there is a Food 4 Less for snacks and drinks.