Author Topic: Preview Night  (Read 8809 times)

Offline Emerald_Mom

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 234
Preview Night
« on: April 18, 2019, 05:34:45 AM »
So I have never done preview night and this year will be my 1st time doing it. I have NO clue where to go for lining up and what time?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”
― Dr. Seuss

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9691
Re: Preview Night
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 05:59:54 AM »
You don't need to line up unless you are racing for some kind of exclusive. In that case, head to the Sails as soon as the building opens (early) on Wednesday.

Otherwise, join the masses and just enter from the front of the building. ;)

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:36:11 AM »

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 06:13:06 AM »
My son wanted to get an exclusive one year during PN so we got in line 5 hours early.  This was back when you had to pick up your badges in Sails.
We waited the 5 hours in line, and when the doors opened all the lines for the exclusives he wanted were already capped.
So if you're going for exclusives, try to get there as early as they will allow, otherwise just go in at your leisure and enjoy!

Offline Emerald_Mom

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 07:05:06 AM »
Thank you [member=314]Transmute Jun[/member]  & [member=3710]SteveD[/member] ..... at this point I don't want any exclusives, but my daughter got PN too and I don't know what she might want. Guess a line may be in my future for that Wed   ;)
― Dr. Seuss

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 07:09:52 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thank you [member=314]Transmute Jun[/member]  & [member=3710]SteveD[/member] ..... at this point I don't want any exclusives, but my daughter got PN too and I don't know what she might want. Guess a line may be in my future for that Wed   ;)
It's always the kids that spoil the fun.  ;D

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 6995
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 09:58:45 AM »

lines for the lesser exclusives are usually reasonable, iirc.
it's a great time to wander the comic/book sections
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline dkd

• Hall H
  • Liked: 632
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 10:22:45 AM »

Some exclusive now use a lottery system to prevent there from being big lines.  Since the number of things that are "lottery" keeps getting bigger every year, we'll have to see what this year will bring.

Offline Emerald_Mom

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2019, 10:57:05 AM »
one of the few things I really wanted a ticket for last year was the Hasbro line.. son plays magic and I had been getting him the sdcc pack as a gift.... got shut out last year
 :-[
― Dr. Seuss

Offline f22raptor

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 61
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2019, 01:32:34 PM »
one of the few things I really wanted a ticket for last year was the Hasbro line.. son plays magic and I had been getting him the sdcc pack as a gift.... got shut out last year
 :-[

Hasbro was running two lines for exclusives last year, one for the lottery winners and the other was for everyone else.  Last year’s lottery for exclusives was a disaster for many of the vendors that participated.  Most had inventories that needed to be transported back when the exhibit hall closed on Sunday. 

Offline mattytreks

• Ballroom 20
    • mattytreks on twitter
  • Liked: 233
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2019, 10:51:18 PM »
Hasbro was running two lines for exclusives last year, one for the lottery winners and the other was for everyone else.  Last year’s lottery for exclusives was a disaster for many of the vendors that participated.  Most had inventories that needed to be transported back when the exhibit hall closed on Sunday.

If you were a betting man, do you think the exclusives lottery was a one-time experiment?  Or are the odds in favor of them keeping – and expanding – the lottery system?
Star Wars | LEGO | 1000toys | Batman | Voltron

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2019, 11:15:54 PM »
If you were a betting man, do you think the exclusives lottery was a one-time experiment?  Or are the odds in favor of them keeping – and expanding – the lottery system?

Probably expanded. At wondercon you have credits on what you can choose for exclusives/signings so you have to pick and choose what you really want instead of signing up for everything even if you don't think you are gonna show up.

Offline kihou

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2019, 08:39:14 AM »
Probably expanded. At wondercon you have credits on what you can choose for exclusives/signings so you have to pick and choose what you really want instead of signing up for everything even if you don't think you are gonna show up.
Oo good to know.  I wish they would implement a verification process, so that you have to confirm you intend to go for sure.  If you don't verify, it goes through another round of distribution.

Offline f22raptor

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2019, 12:48:22 PM »

Let’s just say what the fans and vendors want is very different from CCI.  A good example is Funko Funday where it is free for all based on first served and where there is a will there is a way to get into Funday.  You put in the effort and work for it!

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2019, 12:59:25 PM »

Let’s just say what the fans and vendors want is very different from CCI.  A good example is Funko Funday where it is free for all based on first served and where there is a will there is a way to get into Funday.  You put in the effort and work for it!

Funko Fundays is not a free for all.  Its a tiered sale where select forum / VIP members get a chance to buy tickets before general sale.
That being said, last years lottery system was great!  No time wasted in lines that I didn't have a chance at.

Offline f22raptor

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2019, 01:07:26 PM »
Funko Fundays is not a free for all.  Its a tiered sale where select forum / VIP members get a chance to buy tickets before general sale.
That being said, last years lottery system was great!  No time wasted in lines that I didn't have a chance at.

Like I said, “where there is will there  is way.”   You come up with a plan to defeat the system either by going VIP or do what you have to.  I never said there wasn’t a price.