Author Topic: Star Trek: Picard  (Read 106 times)

Offline accelerate

• Gaming Lounge
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 336
Star Trek: Picard
« on: May 15, 2019, 10:39:56 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

So that new Picard series is officially and aptly named Picard.

Interesting tidbit:

Not a ton is out there yet about the show’s plot, other than the fact it concerns the aftermath of the destruction of the planet Romulus, which we saw in J.J. Abrams‘ 2009 Star Trek.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1714
Re: Star Trek: Picard
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 11:02:54 PM »
I'm excited for this series even though it's still in the early developmental stages (and  truthfully, there hasn't been a new series that I have been anticipating in a long while, ha ha).  Really looking forward to seeing Patrick Stewart take up the character again. ^__^
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline accelerate

• Gaming Lounge
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 336
Re: Star Trek: Picard
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 04:02:15 PM »
I wonder how many people associate Sir Stewart as Xavier rather than Picard. I figure it'd be a generational thing, as Picard ran from 1987-2002, and Xavier from 2000-2017.

I remember after Star Trek (2009) came out, a bunch of fans were upset because they thought the movie effectively ended and negated the Prime universe (ie, it ceased to exist and none of it ever happened because Nero went back in time and mucked things up). There may have been other things to be upset about regarding Abramsverse, but that was by far the least (and stupidest) of it.

I really do want Q to make one last appearance. Yes, John de Lancie is old now, but young-again CG has come a long way, or they can play it off as "I look as old as you, Picard, to make you feel better".