Author Topic: SDCC 2020 Hotel Discussion  (Read 74485 times)

Offline Dubb

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 316
Re: SDCC 2020 Hotel Discussion
« Reply #240 on: January 24, 2020, 03:45:07 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Please please please let me know how it goes! 

Called the Bayfront and they confirmed the reservation!

Also about that $35 “mandatory (read: resort) fee”...at least it gives us $35 credit towards food every day. I’ll be ordering room service for breakfast every day.  ;D

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4558
« Reply #241 on: January 24, 2020, 03:46:08 PM »
I called the Hilton Honors line and they were unable to look it up my account.

Then I called Bayfront directly, but it sounded like it was the same call center as the Hilton Honors line. They told me they couldn't find it because it was booked third party, then transferred me to hear an offer for free points. The CSR I spoke with during the promotional told me she was going to give me a new number to call. She ended up giving me the Hilton Honors line again.

Third call, called the Hilton Honors line - the guy was able to find the Orbitz reservation with my full name and last four of credit card. Confirmed that they had the reservation. The reason they can't pull up the reservation is because the address and everything is listed with Orbitz's information for address, etc.

It does seem like the reservations will stick though, especially considering Hilton can't modify any reservation details on their end.

Huge thank you again for posting about this.

Thank you for the info, were they able to attach your hilton honnors account or is that just wishful thinking?
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #242 on: Today at 03:25:20 AM »

Offline rickythump

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 310
« Reply #242 on: January 24, 2020, 03:51:31 PM »
Thank you for the info, were they able to attach your hilton honnors account or is that just wishful thinking?

The first person said they couldn't, but I was so ecstatic they found the reservation on the last call I didn't ask explicitly. I just sent an e-mail and and will report back with what they say - but I have a feeling that they can't since the reservation can't be modified on their end.

Which may be a good thing depending on how you look at it - I imagine it provides an extra layer of security for reservations made on Orbitz, seeing as how Hilton may have to jump through more hoops if they wanted to cancel because the rate was lower than they wanted.

Offline lliving

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 173
« Reply #243 on: January 24, 2020, 03:54:07 PM »
The first person said they couldn't, but I was so ecstatic they found the reservation on the last call I didn't ask explicitly. I just sent an e-mail and and will report back with what they say - but I have a feeling that they can't since the reservation can't be modified on their end.

Which may be a good thing depending on how you look at it - I imagine it provides an extra layer of security for reservations made on Orbitz, seeing as how Hilton may have to jump through more hoops if they wanted to cancel because the rate was lower than they wanted.
The orbitz rate doesn’t include the $35/day surcharge.  I’m sure that will be added when we check in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline rickythump

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #244 on: January 24, 2020, 03:58:48 PM »
The orbitz rate doesn’t include the $35/day surcharge.  I’m sure that will be added when we check in.

Indeed, but hopefully we can get it waived. Otherwise I'll be ordering room service everyday like You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login haha.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #245 on: January 24, 2020, 04:05:52 PM »

It did have it, when I looked later that night they both totaled the same amount.  I just didn't want to pay for the more expensive view.

Edit: it doesn't so was Orbits more expensive?  Or maybe it's just earlier in the day was cheaper?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 04:09:21 PM by NCDS »

Offline rickythump

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #246 on: January 24, 2020, 04:13:22 PM »
It did have it, when I looked later that night they both totaled the same amount.  I just didn't want to pay for the more expensive view.

Edit: it doesn't so was Orbits more expensive?  Or maybe it's just earlier in the day was cheaper?

My Orbitz rate was about $250 cheaper then my Hilton rate, but the my Orbitz confirmation doesn't list any resort fees. Hilton did include the resort fee, and after factoring that in I believe both rates are exactly the same at the time when I reserved.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #247 on: January 24, 2020, 04:20:08 PM »
My Orbitz rate was about $250 cheaper then my Hilton rate, but the my Orbitz confirmation doesn't list any resort fees. Hilton did include the resort fee, and after factoring that in I believe both rates are exactly the same at the time when I reserved.

I think you are right, with You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login booking I just had the total so I thought he grabbed it cheaper.  I am learning all sorts of stuff on this new adventure.  Now someone get me a T.A.R.D.I.S so I can go back in time and book through the Hilton

Offline lliving

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #248 on: January 24, 2020, 06:52:09 PM »

Orbitz was cheaper than Hilton.  I found this under additional information when I looked at reservation on orbitz web site

Offline rickythump

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #249 on: January 25, 2020, 10:27:49 AM »
Hilton Honors (via phone) was able to link the Orbitz reservation into my account - so now both reservations I made show up.

Pretty shocked/thankful that I'm not going to have to deal with the usual hotel sale this year. I'll still participate to see if I can grab some rooms for the exchange here though.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #250 on: January 25, 2020, 10:30:18 AM »
Hilton Honors (via phone) was able to link the Orbitz reservation into my account - so now both reservations I made show up.

Pretty shocked/thankful that I'm not going to have to deal with the usual hotel sale this year. I'll still participate to see if I can grab some rooms for the exchange here though.

Was it the email that did it or the phone call?

Offline rickythump

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #251 on: January 25, 2020, 10:45:44 AM »

Was it the email that did it or the phone call?

Either works, but you have to call in to get your Hilton reservation number for the Orbitz reservation.

Took a couple times (the first lady told me she couldn't look that up) but after persistence and another couple phone calls, I got the number. After your get your Hilton reservation number, the person on the phone can link it or you can e-mail them to do so.

Offline lliving

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #252 on: January 25, 2020, 10:49:11 AM »
I’m glad to know others have gotten their orbitz reservation to show up in the Hilton app. BTW the rate now for Bayfront is $902/night...

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #253 on: January 25, 2020, 11:37:20 AM »
I’m glad to know others have gotten their orbitz reservation to show up in the Hilton app. BTW the rate now for Bayfront is $902/night...

Triple yikes!, ??? Congrats to those who picked up the bargains!
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline kmy

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #254 on: January 25, 2020, 12:45:26 PM »

Wow, great reminder lest I forget what a good deal I actually get through OnPeak during the lottery.