Author Topic: SDCC 2020 Hotel Discussion  (Read 74459 times)

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
Re: SDCC 2020 Hotel Discussion
« Reply #540 on: May 20, 2020, 12:55:22 PM »
Well I had thought things with Hilton were finally settled but I still see the reservation in my honors account. So back to pestering them ...

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #541 on: May 21, 2020, 03:13:05 PM »
I reached out to Hilton on Twitter, and by reached out I mean I ever so sweetly called them out on their nonsense. After many DMs I now have it in writing that I will be receiving a refund within 5-10 business days.

I did have to jump through some hoops. I told them their phone rep promised me a refund. They made me tell them the exact date and time that I called, which luckily I found in my cell phone records. I assume they probably think most people would not have this info, at which point they would tell them they're SOL. It took them two days but they listened to the call and found that I was telling the truth. So I'm getting the refund, but they made sure to let me know it was *only* because their rep told me inaccurate info, and that these dates are not part of their current policy (which is for reservations up to June 30th).

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #542 on: Today at 11:30:46 AM »

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #542 on: May 21, 2020, 03:55:16 PM »
That is amazing!  Congrats!!!!
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #543 on: May 21, 2020, 04:38:54 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I reached out to Hilton on Twitter, and by reached out I mean I ever so sweetly called them out on their nonsense. After many DMs I now have it in writing that I will be receiving a refund within 5-10 business days.

I did have to jump through some hoops. I told them their phone rep promised me a refund. They made me tell them the exact date and time that I called, which luckily I found in my cell phone records. I assume they probably think most people would not have this info, at which point they would tell them they're SOL. It took them two days but they listened to the call and found that I was telling the truth. So I'm getting the refund, but they made sure to let me know it was *only* because their rep told me inaccurate info, and that these dates are not part of their current policy (which is for reservations up to June 30th).

I always hate resorting to twitter but it's been 100% effective for me in the past. I do have an email from Hilton support with the confirmation number saying it was canceled so hopefully that will be enough this time.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #544 on: May 21, 2020, 06:09:29 PM »
I always hate resorting to twitter but it's been 100% effective for me in the past. I do have an email from Hilton support with the confirmation number saying it was canceled so hopefully that will be enough this time.

Are we all competing for who can contact the Hilton the most?

I think I might use Twitter next though, it gets 5-10 days versus the 30-40 days.

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 591
« Reply #545 on: May 21, 2020, 08:05:26 PM »

I had the same experience as you (and I suspect many) have had. I was told directly that I would receive a refund, but have received nothing. I will take your excellent example and use my cell records to provide them the exact date and time of the call. They had originally given me a cancellation number, but now my account online has been changed to "latecancel."

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
« Reply #546 on: May 21, 2020, 08:09:34 PM »
A crazy thought. Has anybody asked if they would just transfer the same deal to next year? Or is it too "fool me once..."

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #547 on: May 21, 2020, 11:15:20 PM »
A crazy thought. Has anybody asked if they would just transfer the same deal to next year? Or is it too "fool me once..."

I thought the same thing.

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
« Reply #548 on: May 22, 2020, 08:02:25 AM »
"They made me tell them the exact date and time that I called, which luckily I found in my cell phone records."

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login    When did you originally call? I called to cancel on April 17th.

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
« Reply #549 on: May 22, 2020, 09:33:38 AM »
"They made me tell them the exact date and time that I called, which luckily I found in my cell phone records."

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login    When did you originally call? I called to cancel on April 17th.

Same, April 17th.

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #550 on: May 23, 2020, 04:02:42 PM »
Well hopefully the bayfront reservation is sorted. Spent a good part of the day on the phone but finally the reservation is gone from my honor's account. What seems to have happened was that the support person I was communicating with in email had contacted the Bayfront and was told it was canceled, but the person at the Bayfront never canceled it (and the support person didn't verify) But since there was that trail in the case notes, the person I talked to today was able to go and cancel it

I guess I'll know for certain in 30+ days.

One interesting thing that I was told was that my reservation was labeled as being part of a comic-con group block, even though I booked it directly from Hilton.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #551 on: May 23, 2020, 04:30:03 PM »
I received my refund today!!!!   Canceled April 17th, refunded May 23rd. 

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #552 on: May 23, 2020, 06:24:28 PM »

Awesome!

Offline dolphina

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Live Long and Prosper
« Reply #553 on: May 24, 2020, 07:32:47 AM »
I like that option, was so happy that I wasn’t going to have the stress of the hotel sale and the chances of getting that deal again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting”

Wondercon, SDCC, Comikazi, Blizzcon, SWCA, D23

Offline dolphina

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Live Long and Prosper
« Reply #554 on: May 24, 2020, 07:33:45 AM »
Yay!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting”

Wondercon, SDCC, Comikazi, Blizzcon, SWCA, D23