Author Topic: SDCC 2020 Open Registration  (Read 44242 times)

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
Re: SDCC 2020 Open Registration
« Reply #240 on: November 20, 2019, 12:00:52 PM »
Grabbed my wife's badge one morning instead of mine, got in fine.  When she came later in the day we swapped back.
But yeah I think 8 years of going now and no ID checks for me.

Other accident / badge related.  Year one of me and wife going we knew very little.  Got into town Wed even though we had thur-sun badges only.  Went up to get our badges wed afternoon and were just wondering around .  Then we walked into a large crowd of people moving....turns out that was the crowd to go into preview night and the ushers just funneled us in with them.  So free preview night.  That was pre-RFID.

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #241 on: November 20, 2019, 01:12:32 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Grabbed my wife's badge one morning instead of mine, got in fine.  When she came later in the day we swapped back.
But yeah I think 8 years of going now and no ID checks for me.

Other accident / badge related.  Year one of me and wife going we knew very little.  Got into town Wed even though we had thur-sun badges only.  Went up to get our badges wed afternoon and were just wondering around .  Then we walked into a large crowd of people moving....turns out that was the crowd to go into preview night and the ushers just funneled us in with them.  So free preview night.  That was pre-RFID.

The first year my friend got in, he only had a Sunday badge. I was like, aw, he'll miss all the fun. He went in Saturday to get the child badge for his daughter and that took him straight into Sails. Next thing you know, we get a phone call. He somehow got lost and ended up on the floor. We were like, don't leave until you're done! They didn't catch him on the way out, but if they did, he could honestly say he was lost.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 01:14:33 PM by puppy »

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #242 on: Today at 04:31:57 AM »

Offline sylent_asassin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #242 on: November 20, 2019, 04:40:53 PM »
I know everyone is always frightened to death of being banned from SDCC, but has anyone ever known anyone who was banned?

My friend and I were detained and almost banned.

Several years ago before RFID was a thing, I was cosplaying and my badge somehow fell off my costume. I retraced my steps to no avail. I had a ton of exclusive merchandise that I purchased, so I showed the person at the door as I exited and explained the situation. The lady was quite stern and rude and said "you can't come back in and have to check with registration." Instead of doing that (duh), I went to my hotel to drop off my merch. and called my friend who was inside and happened to have an extra badge. He came outside and gave me his extra, but we didn't walk far enough out of eyeshot and away from the convention center; the door monitor saw me, left her post from INSIDE the con and followed us. When we tried getting back in, she detained us, demanded to see our ID's and then called security. She told security that we should "be removed" from the con.

When she walked away to let security do their job, they ended up being totally cool and understanding after we explained everything. My friend was leaving anyway and relinquished his badge and they let me go to registration to inquire about a replacement. Registration ended up giving me a replacement for free in less than a minute. Seriously. Less than a minute. I gave my name, showed them my ID and told them what happened, and the girl at the desk in Sails printed another badge and said, "Here you go!"

When I got back to the lobby, I was still in-costume and in the middle of taking photos with attendees, and that same door monitor pushed through the crowd like gangbusters and asked to see my ID like I was a criminal. The other attendees were like "WTF?" I showed her, she thoroughly examined my ID and badge to confirm it was mine and then said in a snarky, condescending tone, "See how easy that was?"

In hindsight, I could have prevented my friend from relinquishing his badge and saved a ton of heartache and angst by simply going to registration, but I figured they would think I'm lying to get another badge for someone else.

Offline lliving

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 173
« Reply #243 on: November 21, 2019, 05:03:24 AM »
Sorry, late to the browser discussion, but over the years I’ve gotten in using Safari, Firefox, Chrome. This most recent registration, I got in using Explorer version 11.  I  always make sure I run the browser test on the browsers a couple of days in a row prior to registration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dubb

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 316
« Reply #244 on: November 21, 2019, 04:29:51 PM »
I’ve been going to SDCC for several years, and have seen at least one ID check every year.

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
  • Liked: 177
« Reply #245 on: November 21, 2019, 06:30:28 PM »
I have received my first barcode.  Looked for the others..nothing yet.  I know they trickle in, so I will be patient... I will.   ::)

Are confirmations sent to each CCI registrant or only to the buyer? I haven’t seen anything in my inbox yet or CCI account.

"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #246 on: November 21, 2019, 06:36:15 PM »
Are confirmations sent to each CCI registrant or only to the buyer? I haven’t seen anything in my inbox yet or CCI account.

Confirmations (both for successfully going through the registration process and for the charge on your credit card) are sent to only the person who went through the registration process during the lottery. But barcodes are sent to everyone who got a badge.

So the person who got in through Open Reg will get three emails, but if someone else bought your badge for you, you get one email.

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
« Reply #247 on: November 21, 2019, 06:58:27 PM »
Confirmations (both for successfully going through the registration process and for the charge on your credit card) are sent to only the person who went through the registration process during the lottery. But barcodes are sent to everyone who got a badge.

So the person who got in through Open Reg will get three emails, but if someone else bought your badge for you, you get one email.

Okay. Thanks. Then follow up question:

Is there anyone that HAS NOT received their barcode/confirmation yet?

"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #248 on: November 21, 2019, 07:01:41 PM »
Okay. Thanks. Then follow up question:

Is there anyone that HAS NOT received their barcode/confirmation yet?

If you haven't gotten yours, a) check your spam (I know all my sister's CCI emails go to spam for some reason), and b) Log into your CCI account, click on Registration Tab, and click on "Resend Comic-Con Badge Confirmation", although this link may not be available yet for those who got their badges in Open Reg (it took a couple weeks for that link to show up for those who got their badges in Returning Registration).

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
« Reply #249 on: November 21, 2019, 07:06:36 PM »
If you haven't gotten yours, a) check your spam (I know all my sister's CCI emails go to spam for some reason), and b) Log into your CCI account, click on Registration Tab, and click on "Resend Comic-Con Badge Confirmation", although this link may not be available yet for those who got their badges in Open Reg (it took a couple weeks for that link to show up for those who got their badges in Returning Registration).

Painstakingly checked every email in reg and spam inbox for the entire week.

No indication in account that badge has been purchased. Just has the Open Reg info, waiting room link, code, etc. in the tab.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7002
« Reply #250 on: November 21, 2019, 07:26:20 PM »
Painstakingly checked every email in reg and spam inbox for the entire week.

No indication in account that badge has been purchased. Just has the Open Reg info, waiting room link, code, etc. in the tab.

try emailing them at [email protected]

EPIC's number is 1 980 233 3777

they can easily resend the bar code. sometimes the email just gets lost-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 08:06:01 PM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
« Reply #251 on: November 21, 2019, 07:54:27 PM »
try emailing them at [email protected]

EPIC's number is 1 980 233 3777

Thanks! Will give them a call tomorrow.

If anyone logs into their CCI account right now, is it obvious badges have been purchased? I'm trying to discern whether everyone else sees the same thing as me currently.

At the moment, i'm not too hopeful that I actually have badges. Buyer did get a confirmation screen, but didn't seem to have received an order acknowledgement email.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7002
« Reply #252 on: November 21, 2019, 08:07:36 PM »

If anyone logs into their CCI account right now, is it obvious badges have been purchased? I'm trying to discern whether everyone else sees the same thing as me currently.

At the moment, i'm not too hopeful that I actually have badges. Buyer did get a confirmation screen, but didn't seem to have received an order acknowledgement email.

screenshot? of the order acknoledgement?
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
« Reply #253 on: November 21, 2019, 08:12:04 PM »
Yeah, screenshot from order confirmation page. No other communication from CCI besides that. None of the typical order confirm emails.

This just seems unusual. And seeing as how I’m out money and potentially have no badges, I’m a bit on edge.

My wife also didn’t receive anything. (Buyer also bought for her). Maybe payment didn’t go through from buyer. I’ve asked them to check, but of course I want an answer right away and email back and forth takes a bit.

She also said sometimes it takes weeks for things to get sent out, but that’s a little less pro-active then I’d like.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #254 on: November 21, 2019, 08:13:07 PM »

The yellow "Resend Comic-Con Badge Confirmation" button for open registration on the "Registration Info" tab has already shown up in the sister's memberid account, so it should be there by now.
Also, if you look a the screen grab, make sure it states "Congratulations! Your order has been submitted."
Emails would be from [email protected].