Author Topic: Signed, Graded and CGC Chat  (Read 1640 times)

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Comic Con is a Black Hole for my wallet.
  • Liked: 523
Re: Signed, Graded and CGC Chat
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2021, 09:47:55 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login Yeah, I was talking about paying for to have them pressed by CGC.  I have heard consistently that this ensures a higher grade.  My New Mutants 98 is slightly banged up but I don't care.  I am a huge fan of Deadpool and want it graded.  I will definitely post when they come back.

I am wondering about the signings.  Am I correct that CGC posts signing events and you send your comics in so they're verified?  Is that how the signings work?
Twitter feed:  [email protected]

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 5586
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2021, 11:47:50 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login , Man, you have some serious issues graded!  Do you clean and press your comics before sending them in?  I am going to send in five comics next week but I've only decided on three so far:

New Mutants 98
 Incredible Hulk 340
 Walking Dead 9

Not sure what the other two will be.
i have them press all high value book unless its an obvious  9.8. in general it seems to up the grade by a notch or 3. specially if it's a grail/key issue. Like that NM 98... ;) u might want to hold off on getting that one slabbed until y can get him to sign it ;) & get a yellow label. For high grade key books, every notch or two is huge.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 04:37:45 AM »

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2040
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2021, 07:21:41 PM »

cgccomics It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a new world record! CGC 8.5 Action Comics #1 has set a new record for most expensive comic book ever sold. The book, which sold at auction this week on @metropolis.comicconnect's website, has surpassed the previous record (also set by a CGC graded Action Comics #1) and sold for a staggering $3.25 million! Congrats to the lucky buyer that added this amazing piece of history to their collection! Check out the full article on our website here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login