Author Topic: Reports & check ins in the age of Covid  (Read 127264 times)

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1844
Re: Reports & check ins in the age of Covid
« Reply #510 on: January 14, 2021, 08:12:50 AM »
Here in Phoenix I was just able to schedule my 81 year old mom for the vaccine at one of the sites run by Banner Hospitals, but not until 2/12.  The AZ state/State Farm Stadium is booked through 1/18 and will reopen on the 19th, but decided to go with the sure thing. 

Now need SD to open up so I can get my dad scheduled.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #511 on: January 14, 2021, 11:10:44 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Here in Phoenix I was just able to schedule my 81 year old mom for the vaccine at one of the sites run by Banner Hospitals, but not until 2/12.  The AZ state/State Farm Stadium is booked through 1/18 and will reopen on the 19th, but decided to go with the sure thing. 

Now need SD to open up so I can get my dad scheduled.

I really wish San Diego scheduled like that instead of a few days at a time.  Even the sites run by private hospitals only schedule out about a week at a time.

I would check if your local Ralphs or Albertsons pharmacies are administering the vaccine. The ones out here in Riverside County are doing it for Phase 1A groups, but that should change soon to include Phase 1B tier 1 essential workers, and for those 65 and older. You can always schedule an appointment for a week or two out, with the expectation that the later groups would have been added by then. Might be worth a shot.  :D

Sign up at Albertsons to receive info You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I'm on the CVS list but as of 7 days ago, they still say that it's not time.

Check all the pharmacies as well as your GP.  Even check with your dentist since a while back there was talk about having dentist vaccinate as well.  Pretty much anyone licensed to give a jab.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 11:13:22 AM by chocolateshake »

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #512 on: Today at 08:37:50 PM »

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #512 on: January 14, 2021, 11:59:46 AM »
I really wish San Diego scheduled like that instead of a few days at a time.  Even the sites run by private hospitals only schedule out about a week at a time.

I'm on the CVS list but as of 7 days ago, they still say that it's not time.

Check all the pharmacies as well as your GP.  Even check with your dentist since a while back there was talk about having dentist vaccinate as well.  Pretty much anyone licensed to give a jab.

Joy! I got my mother-in-law an appointment in Northern California.

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 828
« Reply #513 on: January 14, 2021, 12:03:51 PM »
Kaiser is available. I read online that they will vaccinate non-Kaiser patients but I can't find that right now.

The Orange County site is working right now. I clicked and got in right away. It seems to work better at night.

Kaiser in SoCal is still only taking care of health workers and nursing home residents.

I had no luck with the app last night or this morning.  What day is your appointment?
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #514 on: January 14, 2021, 12:14:05 PM »
Kaiser in SoCal is still only taking care of health workers and nursing home residents.

I had no luck with the app last night or this morning.  What day is your appointment?

I'm not high enough on the list yet. I'm just getting appointments for family members. My dad was vaccinated at Disneyland on Wednesday. My mother-in-law has an appointment in Northern California for the 26th.

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 828
« Reply #515 on: January 14, 2021, 12:58:16 PM »
Ralphs in Orange County hasn’t received any vaccine yet.  I was told Ralph’s in Los Angeles County has a limited supply of them.

I called Kaiser in SoCal, they’re still waiting for directions from Orange County.
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 6995
« Reply #516 on: January 14, 2021, 04:00:01 PM »
Scripts here in SD doesn't have any at least per their email today

none of the San Diego hospitals have been given the vaccinations at this time to begin distribution to their patients, and we are waiting to hear from the government on when to expect them.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #517 on: January 15, 2021, 01:25:16 PM »
Scripts here in SD doesn't have any at least per their email today

Which is ironic since the official county vaccination sites are run by two of the big hospital operators in San Diego.

Bad news today.  There's even less vaccine than thought.  The government should have been keeping 1 dose in reserve for every dose given to use as the second shot.  This is the reserve that Biden wanted released to give as many people as possible their first shot.  Surprise!  There is no reserve as planned.  What happened to it?

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #518 on: January 15, 2021, 01:48:07 PM »
Which is ironic since the official county vaccination sites are run by two of the big hospital operators in San Diego.

Bad news today.  There's even less vaccine than thought.  The government should have been keeping 1 dose in reserve for every dose given to use as the second shot.  This is the reserve that Biden wanted released to give as many people as possible their first shot.  Surprise!  There is no reserve as planned.  What happened to it?

There was...no...plan.

Hopefully, Biden can cobble something together.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #519 on: January 15, 2021, 06:24:19 PM »
San Diego updated it's policies today.  While they will not directly vaccinate those over 65, they now allow for those over 65 to be vaccinated if doses can be found.  UC San Diego Health, who runs the Petco site, is now vaccinating those over 65 in a limited fashion.  It's invitation only.  They will contact those eligible.

"**Due to limited vaccine supply, the County of San Diego cannot provide COVID-19 vaccinations for individuals 65 years of age and older at this time. Planning efforts are under way to vaccinate this population of Phase 1B next. Healthcare providers may administer vaccinations to this population, if they have doses available.**"

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #520 on: January 16, 2021, 06:33:36 AM »
San Diego updated it's policies today.  While they will not directly vaccinate those over 65, they now allow for those over 65 to be vaccinated if doses can be found.  UC San Diego Health, who runs the Petco site, is now vaccinating those over 65 in a limited fashion.  It's invitation only.  They will contact those eligible.

"**Due to limited vaccine supply, the County of San Diego cannot provide COVID-19 vaccinations for individuals 65 years of age and older at this time. Planning efforts are under way to vaccinate this population of Phase 1B next. Healthcare providers may administer vaccinations to this population, if they have doses available.**"

here's the link to that announcement re 65+ age group
they aren't vacc. 65+ at petco. There are a good amt of appointments available at petco. Which indicates early morning is a good time to check the site when our turn comes. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

There was...no...plan.
Perhaps, in an effort to meet Trumps goal of vaccinations by the end of the year, the second doses were released to the states? Unbeknownst to the medical advisors.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #521 on: January 17, 2021, 11:58:46 AM »
there was a lot of spots open around 7am at petco this morning

there are none avalible now- it's interesting to see that many vac. being shot into folks. this is good

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #522 on: January 18, 2021, 01:35:35 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
75 and over can get vac'ed

and there are a LOT of open appointments for tuesday at petco You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

it still says health care only but they prob. just haven't updated it yet

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #523 on: January 18, 2021, 01:48:02 PM »
Do you think out of county can also get appointments in San Diego County?
Looking for my Dad, over 75, who lives in Riverside County.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #524 on: January 18, 2021, 02:16:45 PM »
Do you think out of county can also get appointments in San Diego County?
Looking for my Dad, over 75, who lives in Riverside County.
i've heard about folks going to other countries but i really don't know. plus there's the drive

ad the scheduling pg is updated to reflect 75+ at petco. Effective today