Author Topic: DC FanDome 24 hour Virtual Con by Warner Bros - August 22, 2020  (Read 3690 times)

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
Re: DC FanDome 24 hour Virtual Con by Warner Bros - August 22, 2020
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2020, 01:14:30 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The LEGO set is live now ..

It looked as thought LEGO took all their Comic Con DC exclusive  and put it up for this event. Box and set very reminiscent of Comic Con sets.
Looks like the DC set preorder is over at Lego.com

The Walmart preorder still live, though Walmart and preorders don't always harmonize.

Unsure if more sets will be available on October 1st, as it's listed back as "Coming Soon" at Lego now

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2020, 12:05:08 PM »
From You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

LEGO originally planned to release the LEGO DC Wonder Woman 77906 set at San Diego Comic-Con 2020 as a tie-in for the upcoming film Wonder Woman 1984. However, when the event was cancelled, the release was shifted to the DC FanDome event last weekend. The set briefly went up for pre-order here at LEGO.com, but has since been deactivated in favor of Walmart, who now have the set up for pre-order right here as an exclusive priced at $39.99 with shipping slated for October 1st. The situation is similar to the LEGO Star Wars Bespin Duel set that was released earlier this week.

Available for preorder:

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2020, 11:54:07 AM »
It's not a party without a selfie station Join the #DCFanDome fun with AR filters and lenses at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2020, 12:05:51 AM »
I viewed both events. It was originally going to be on August 22 and feature a Hall of Heroes with the main panels and a bunch of on-demand content, but they decided to move all the on-demand content to September 12. The Hall of Heroes on Aug. 22 featured a single stream for 8 hours which repeated twice.

The August 22 edition felt very cohesive. Everything was on one stream, so I just set my videocast to send it to the TV all day and didn't have to change it (though I had to reboot it a few times.) There were hosts to introduce the event and check in between many of the panels. Production was excellent. The room they were in featured artwork that was specially made for the Fandome. There was a drawing which you were allowed to enter 10 times every half hour. There was also merch which I clicked on but got bored and left before the page finished loading.

The September 12 edition was all on demand. There were multiple rooms and a lot more content, including a Hall of Heroes where many of the panels that were originally broadcast on Aug. 22 were available again. But like the previous edition, everything was only up for 24 hours. While I liked being able to watch everything on demand, it got a little annoying having to constantly look for and reload panels on my phone and then broadcast them to the TV especially since some of them were only 5-10 minutes long or less. I would have liked an option for a continuous stream, or at least a way for another panel to automatically load after the previous one was finished (like the YouTube app did with Comic-Con@Home).

One of my favorite parts was that they involved many different countries and languages. They had hosts who spoke multiple languages, and panels that talked about the DC fandom in different parts of the world. This is more accessible with a virtual event, so I'm glad they were able to work this into their event.

I also liked that they included the full premiere of the animated movie Superman: Man of Tomorrow. However, aside from the panel for that (which I watched after the movie), very few panels held my attention. I guess I'm just tired of pretending to like watching Zoom calls. They get more and more horrid. There's a reason why any TV show worth watching has to be produced, even the news and reality shows. I just can't intentionally subject myself to watching fuzzy webcams anymore with equally fuzzy sound (I've never been able to get into Twitch/Youtube culture). With that in mind, the panels that I liked the best weren't really panels--they were more like TV shows. My favorites (aside from Superman: Man of Tomorrow) included the episode of Static Shock, the DC in Japan panel (which was more like a talk show with the guests in the same room though spaced apart), the Behind the Scenes look at Shazam, performances by Daughtry and Phony PPL, and the 30-second commercials which were cute. The Bob Kane documentary was also interesting.

Did it feel like a con...in my opinion, no...but there is some value in offering a weekend of interesting TV.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 12:10:32 AM by hikanteki »
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2020, 12:45:09 AM »

Available for preorder:

In stock at Walmart. 

I ordered one WW set on Day 1 at Lego and a second set from Walmart 5 days later.  Walmart shipped first!

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2020, 04:59:12 PM »
Anyone able to enter the minifig sweepstakes? I'm only getting this page.

LEGO DC Fandome Supergirl Shipping Out to Winners

By

Allen "Tormentalous" Tran

-

October 15, 2020

It’s been almost three months but the mystery of the LEGO DC Fandome Supergirl minifigure is now over. After no details of what was going on with the sweepstakes after Fandome, the minifigure is now showing up in the mail for the winners. I’ve gotten a few messages from people who were lucky enough to win one. They didn’t mention if they got any notifications saying they had won but I assume they didn’t and it just showed up in the mail. Let me know if you were one of the lucky ones to get one.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 02:26:16 AM by SamTurtledove »

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2020, 07:22:55 AM »
If any o f you have USPS informed delivery take a look at your accounts. If you have a package from Las Vegas from Shippo, then you are getting a Supergirl Minifig in the mail
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged