Author Topic: The Expanse - It's over? ***spoilers***  (Read 1040 times)

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
The Expanse - It's over? ***spoilers***
« on: January 14, 2022, 10:45:43 AM »
So it's over.  Or is it?  I notice that the last episode is listed as the season finale and not the series finale.  It did have the feel of a series finale.  At least for the main characters.  They literally sailed off into the sunsets.  It did seem like they set it up for more seasons or maybe more appropriately a spin off.  They spent the first minutes of every episode this season on Laconia.  It seemed completely disjoint from the rest of the series.  It was like it was it's own little separate series that played before the main series. They already knew this was the last season on Amazon before they made it.  Why all that setup?

I was hoping for more action from the big battles in the finale.  The whole season led to it.  In the end I was disappointed.  The rumors were that the budget was constrained for this season.  That's also why this season was only 6 episodes.  So I assume that they didn't have the budget to CGI big battles.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 6995
Re: The Expanse - It's over? ***spoilers***
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 06:27:30 PM »
The authors asked fans not to disparage Amazon, stateing something to the effect, Amazon has been great and there's lot of things going on we can't talk about.

I'm sure You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login will know **all** the details
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 08:41:39 PM »

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 06:43:12 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The authors asked fans not to disparage Amazon, stateing something to the effect, Amazon has been great and there's lot of things going on we can't talk about.

I'm sure You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login will know **all** the details
I wish! At this time I don’t know more than any other fan. The final season had zero fat and fill time. Every second was important. Each episode has to be watched at least twice to begin to capture all of the nuances and Easter eggs. I would love to see a miniseries with Erich setting up his criminal empire on a new planet!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline tsnyder

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 295
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2022, 07:36:57 AM »
I enjoyed it but wow was that a quick/short season.  One of my fav shows and I'm disappointed to see it go if that was truly it.  I'm with chocolateshake on the Laconia stuff, didn't see the point of any of it. 

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
The Expanse - It's over? ***spoilers***
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2022, 10:43:43 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I enjoyed it but wow was that a quick/short season.  One of my fav shows and I'm disappointed to see it go if that was truly it.  I'm with chocolateshake on the Laconia stuff, didn't see the point of any of it.
Strange  Dogs episodes on Laconia only make sense if we have more seasons or movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 09:01:02 PM by Miclpea »