Author Topic: SDCC 2022 Pro Registration  (Read 12874 times)

Offline SamTurtledove

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1880
Re: SDCC 2022 Pro Registration
« Reply #270 on: August 05, 2022, 08:53:24 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Professionals

Our next Professional Application Period for Comic-Con 2023 is coming soon! If you have not previously applied as a Professional, or are DUE to re-verify, please read below for details!

"Please watch this space for our next Professional Application Period, which will begin in mid-to-late August! If you are a new applicant, or are DUE to re-verify, we recommend you check back regularly in order to ensure that your application is submitted during our upcoming application period. If your verification expires on 8/1/2022, you will be notified via email of the application period and will be provided with instructions when it opens. We look forward to reviewing your applications!"

Offline waltbionik

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 80
« Reply #271 on: August 31, 2022, 10:29:17 AM »
Has anyone heard anything about Pro-Registration? I need to renew this year.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 10:36:14 AM by waltbionik »

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2091
« Reply #272 on: September 01, 2022, 01:27:34 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login Per SDCC blog, applications are now open:

Offline waltbionik

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #273 on: September 01, 2022, 02:34:25 PM »
thank you!

Offline xavier2518

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #274 on: September 07, 2022, 05:05:41 AM »
can anyone tell me if i can add a extra guest badge under professional, since i am a professional badge holder, i added my wife, as a guest for 2022, just wanted to make sure if, only 1 guest is the limit?

Offline waltbionik

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #275 on: September 07, 2022, 10:11:46 AM »
can anyone tell me if i can add a extra guest badge under professional, since i am a professional badge holder, i added my wife, as a guest for 2022, just wanted to make sure if, only 1 guest is the limit?

As far as I know, you will receive an allotment of guest badges when you get confirmation. For example, I was allotted no complimentary badges, but was able to purchase one additional badge at full price.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1445
« Reply #276 on: September 07, 2022, 11:15:06 AM »
It's my understanding that you will be allotted your Pro badge + one additional guest badge.  Said Pro badge, at least last year, was for 4-Day w/PN as the only option, with the Guest badge being the same.

Presuming CCI doesn't change how they did things previous years, which is always a possibility...

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1445
« Reply #277 on: September 17, 2022, 09:01:13 AM »
Professional Registration Application is now Open!  If you are due to Renew, or if you a someone applying to be a Pro, now is the time to apply.  You can find info here:

Reminder that besides those who work in the industry, educators and librarians are also eligible to be Comic-Con Pros!  I used to think this was limited to arts educators, but there is no such stipulation and it doesn't hurt to apply.'

In summer 2019 when I first applied to be a Pro I did not receive verification until AFTER Returning Registration; however when I registered/bought my badge as a Pro CCI automatically refunded me and it was a very easy process.  You will likely hear back before General Registration happens.

The deadline for submitting applications is Sept. 30th.

As a teacher myself, I attended 20 Comic-Con before I thought to apply as a Pro, and I found this an incredibly easy process: I recall not taking more than 15-20 mins filling out the application (which I of course sent in at the last minute/day of the deadline  ::) ) and I can tell you life is QUITE A BIT less stressful for Cons knowing I'm guaranteed a 4-Day + PN for myself and 1 guest. 

If there are any San Diego educators who are Pros/want to be Pros, feel free to DM me and I can talk to you about potentially joining a SDCC Educators book-club that's run by an OUTSTANDING individual who works at the SD County Office of Ed; the get-togethers are generally monthly and are currently happening via Zoom (and I am currently not able to participate due to my marching band business in the fall :-[ ).  If there are any educators who aren't 100% sure of what to submit for verification, PM me and I'll tell you what I did.

Good luck to current and future Pros in this process! 

Offline waltbionik

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #278 on: September 18, 2022, 07:26:30 AM »
Professional Registration Application is now Open!  If you are due to Renew, or if you a someone applying to be a Pro, now is the time to apply.  You can find info here:

Reminder that besides those who work in the industry, educators and librarians are also eligible to be Comic-Con Pros!  I used to think this was limited to arts educators, but there is no such stipulation and it doesn't hurt to apply.'

In summer 2019 when I first applied to be a Pro I did not receive verification until AFTER Returning Registration; however when I registered/bought my badge as a Pro CCI automatically refunded me and it was a very easy process.  You will likely hear back before General Registration happens.

The deadline for submitting applications is Sept. 30th.

As a teacher myself, I attended 20 Comic-Con before I thought to apply as a Pro, and I found this an incredibly easy process: I recall not taking more than 15-20 mins filling out the application (which I of course sent in at the last minute/day of the deadline  ::) ) and I can tell you life is QUITE A BIT less stressful for Cons knowing I'm guaranteed a 4-Day + PN for myself and 1 guest. 

If there are any San Diego educators who are Pros/want to be Pros, feel free to DM me and I can talk to you about potentially joining a SDCC Educators book-club that's run by an OUTSTANDING individual who works at the SD County Office of Ed; the get-togethers are generally monthly and are currently happening via Zoom (and I am currently not able to participate due to my marching band business in the fall :-[ ).  If there are any educators who aren't 100% sure of what to submit for verification, PM me and I'll tell you what I did.

Good luck to current and future Pros in this process!

Thank you for posting this. I, too, attended SDCC 9 times before someone on this board messaged me and told me I could apply as a pro as an educator (I had mentioned in a post that I was an educator).
Like the above post mentioned, it's easy to apply and I've had no trouble with being approved.
New York Comic-Con also does a pro badge for educators. It's not free, but you can get all four days for $100 plus tax and shipping.
Again, having the pro badge takes off so much stress. I already booked my fight.
Now, just waiting on hotel lottery.