Author Topic: SDCC 2023 off-site Chatter  (Read 6677 times)

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 769
SDCC 2023 off-site Chatter
« on: May 09, 2023, 07:44:03 PM »
Is it OK to start this?

Anyways, here's a little bit of news about Comic-Con Afterparties.  8) I was checking out the Flux Capacitors website. They're the 80's throwback band that has played at a lot of Comic-Con off-site events.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

They have listed on their schedule 3 Comic-Con Afterparties-- Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. Absolutely nothing specific at this time and they even state "subject to change". So stay tuned for more info.

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
Re: SDCC 2023 off-site Chatter
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2023, 03:20:44 AM »
Our Flag Means Death "Meat" Up 2 (2nd Annual!) DATE TBD

"Hi Everyone! Guess what's back? A lot of people asked for it to be an annual thing and I guess It is this year. "Meat" Up 2: Electric Boogaloo!
As with last year's event: We can hang out and cry over some Gay Pirates, share stories, sing sea shanties, etc. It's open to anything.
If this is your first or second time coming to the event, I cannot wait to see/meet you. This fandom is pretty awesome and I enjoyed meeting so many of you last year.
Exact date, time, and location will be announced at a later date."

I wouldn't be surprised if this takes place on the pirate ship again, since Voodoo Ranger is set to return as well.

Stay tuned.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 08:44:27 AM »

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2023, 11:34:14 AM »
This is probably old news. Looks like Dragon Ball is returning with a booth/offsite at the Marriott Marina Terrace--

"Dragon Ball will be featured at the pop culture convention Comic-Con International: San Diego!
Comic-Con International: San Diego will be held at the San Diego Convention Center in the United States from July 19 (Thurs) to July 23 (Sun), local time.
There will be huge special Dragon Ball outdoor booth at Marriott Marina Terrace.

More info will be going up on the event site soon!
Check out the URL below!!

"

Dates are messed up a bit (July 19 is Wed. not Thurs.) but the URL has the correct dates. Not much info yet so stay tuned.

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2023, 01:09:16 AM »
Underground Lightsaber Fighters in San Diego--

From their Facebook page--

SATURDAY, JULY 22, 2023 AT 8 PM
Comic Con Weekend Annual Meetup in Balboa Park!

"The ULF will have a public Lightsaber and Cosplay meetup in Balboa Park! All are welcome to come in any fun Cosplay. There is no Fee and you do not need Comic Con Tickets to enjoy the fun! Great for the whole family!

SPECIAL NOTE: The Location of the event takes place at the fountain between the Science Fleet Center and Natural History Museum

If you want to know more about Lightsaber fighting outside of public events, visit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login "

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2023, 04:22:52 PM »

Time to speculate--

NBCUniversal returning for Comic-Con 2023?

On-the-street confirmation that Syfy and Chucky will be part of the NBCUniversal offsite located at its traditional space in the Gaslamp. It "will be more elaborate than the NBCUniversal photo-op walk-through that was built here in 2022".

Putting this here until we have official confirmation.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2023, 07:30:12 PM »
So weird.... this looks like an SDCC panel, and you need a badge, But there are tickets, and its location is in the parking lot? So confused.

Dungeons & Dragons Cartoon 40th Anniversary Panel

Offline FlamedLiquid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 128
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2023, 10:57:28 PM »
I hope they're not going to convert to mobil tickets for all panels.

Offline darqamin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 179
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2023, 01:46:00 PM »
So weird.... this looks like an SDCC panel, and you need a badge, But there are tickets, and its location is in the parking lot? So confused.

Dungeons & Dragons Cartoon 40th Anniversary Panel

I think it is probably just a regular panel, they just don't want to release the room yet so it listed the general address. Technically there weren't supposed to release the date or time yet either.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2023, 02:11:09 PM »
I think it is probably just a regular panel, they just don't want to release the room yet so it listed the general address. Technically there weren't supposed to release the date or time yet either.

But if it's a regular panel, why are there tickets?

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2023, 02:41:16 PM »
It really seems to me like someone just got confused here. There's no description or guests, and I really doubt CCI is letting anyone hold an event or panel in the parking garage.  I agree with You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  - I think it's just a regular panel and a guest or publicist doesn't understand how Comic-Con works and thought they needed to make an Eventbrite page.

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2023, 11:17:22 PM »
Hello Kitty Cafe Truck added an event--

Hello Kitty Cafe Truck West - San Diego Comic Con

"Hello San Diego! The Hello Kitty Cafe Truck will be making an appearance at the 2023 San Diego Comic-Con International from July 20th - July 23rd! We will be in the Interactive Zone at Petco Park! Find us Thursday 7/20 - Saturday 7/22 from 10am-6pm and on Sunday 7/23 from 10am-4pm and pick up some supercute treats and merch, while supplies last! See you there!"

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2023, 11:54:34 PM »
Looking for something to do Friday night?

Bloom Nightclub presents MURA MASA on Friday 7/21
Tickets >>> You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
VIP Table Reservations >>> 619.800.0991

Mura Masa won't be there after all.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 09:07:02 AM by frgx »

Offline darqamin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 179
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2023, 04:03:17 AM »
But if it's a regular panel, why are there tickets?

Because it is free on eventbrite, it may be a way of seeing how many people may be attending the event. It is unnecessary if that is the case because once it goes up on the online schedule, at least in past years people can like it/add it to their schedule so one can see how many people are interested to attend (many do not attend in the end even if they do click it and both systems don't have a way of checking if you actually have a badge).

Or it may be as suggested that it was made in error.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2023, 09:13:09 AM »
It really seems to me like someone just got confused here. There's no description or guests, and I really doubt CCI is letting anyone hold an event or panel in the parking garage.  I agree with You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  - I think it's just a regular panel and a guest or publicist doesn't understand how Comic-Con works and thought they needed to make an Eventbrite page.
Because it is free on eventbrite, it may be a way of seeing how many people may be attending the event. It is unnecessary if that is the case because once it goes up on the online schedule, at least in past years people can like it/add it to their schedule so one can see how many people are interested to attend (many do not attend in the end even if they do click it and both systems don't have a way of checking if you actually have a badge).

Or it may be as suggested that it was made in error.
Yeah, I suspect maybe a publicist was looking to generate a bit of hype for a panel and doesn't know how Comic-Con works: like was told "no, the panels are free w/badges" and then just (mistakenly) ran with it

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2023, 11:57:49 AM »
Yeah, I suspect maybe a publicist was looking to generate a bit of hype for a panel and doesn't know how Comic-Con works: like was told "no, the panels are free w/badges" and then just (mistakenly) ran with it

I think that too.  It's just someone looking to promote their panel.  It doesn't look like a publicist, it looks like it's one of the voice actors.  The person that posted it is one of the voice actors on the show.

Does anyone remember when there were SDCC panels well outside of the convention center?  Like not even at the Bayfront but well away from there.  One year I was walking to Horton Plaza and there were people hawking for a SDCC panel on the street.  It was not an offsite but a real official SDCC panel.  The hawkers had SDCC badges.  I said I didn't have a badge but they said I didn't need one.  So I went in.  It was quite an entertaining panel.  It was a panel of showrunners.  I want to say that one of them was for the Big Bang Theory but my memory could be failing me.  I think the reason they tried to get people passing by to come in was that the room was only about half full.