Author Topic: Third Annual Nerd HQ Returns To San Diego July 18-21, Finds New Home At Petco Pa  (Read 64580 times)

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
Re: NerdHQ back for 2013!
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 12:04:15 PM »
Here's a post I wrote about attending a Psych panel at NerdHQ in 2011:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

It was 100% worth it. My first SDCC was 2010 and we spent almos the entire time in BR20. In 2011 we changed our game plan. Thanks to NerdHQ we were still able to see a panel for a show we loved without all the stress. We had assigned seats, it was only about 250ish people and the best part is everyone there was a huge fan. You didn't have people who were just camped out waiting for a panel 3 hours from then.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 02:00:40 PM »
Here's a post I wrote about attending a Psych panel at NerdHQ in 2011:

Good to see you at the forum! Feel free to continue sharing any posts you've written!
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2013, 03:11:46 PM »
Thanks for the welcome!

angel_k

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 08:55:27 PM »
Do you have to buy your tickets together to sit together?  I remember when I went to the Jared Padalecki panel me and my friend were sitting on opposite sides of the room because there was assigned seating.  I had no idea how that happened at the time since we showed up to pick up our badges together, but it kinda sucked.  How much was different with last years Nerd HQ vs the first year?

Offline dogberry

• Gaming Lounge
  • Stories are worth dying for.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2013, 12:38:20 AM »
I missed out on Nerd HQ last year because it was my first SDCC and I didn't know it even existed. By the time I walked past the building on Thursday night and realised what it was about, it was too late to get into any panels.

However, there were great parties going on during the after hours till late, and I was enjoying myself in the club area when Zachery Levi suddenly appeared right behind me and announced an impromptu photo-op session for charity - with the line starting just where I happened to be standing. Nearly got stampeded to death by the dozens of screaming women charging to the front of the queue but it was such a hilarious and wonderful experience! Also, I got to take an awesome photo of myself punching him in the face. No, seriously. :P

I'm going to be more vigilant about Nerd HQ this year and pray I get tickets! It REALLY is so much better knowing you have an assigned/confirmed seat, those hours spent queuing overnight outside Hall H and Ballroom 20 were seriously not one of my favourite moments, haha!

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2013, 05:36:50 AM »
Do you have to buy your tickets together to sit together?  I remember when I went to the Jared Padalecki panel me and my friend were sitting on opposite sides of the room because there was assigned seating.  I had no idea how that happened at the time since we showed up to pick up our badges together, but it kinda sucked.  How much was different with last years Nerd HQ vs the first year?

I wish I could remember how we bought our tickets. I'm 99% sure one of us bought both and then just paid the other person back.

angel_k

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2013, 06:33:02 AM »
I wish I could remember how we bought our tickets. I'm 99% sure one of us bought both and then just paid the other person back.

Then that's totally what I'm going to do this year.  Sitting with friends makes panels funner.  :)

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2013, 06:37:36 AM »
Then that's totally what I'm going to do this year.  Sitting with friends makes panels funner.  :)

Oh for sure!

Offline Jeff

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2013, 09:25:58 AM »
Yes, you do have to buy them together to get seats together. 

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2013, 02:24:07 PM »
There is a small chance that if you buy them together, you won't be sitting together. DH and I went to the Chuck panel, had consecutive seat numbers (there weren't row numbers, just seat numbers). He was at one side of the room, and I was at the other. We had to decide quickly who sat where, and he had the better view. And I had the camera! Figures. Hopefully, they will change to row/seat instead of just seat, but it wasn't a big deal for us.
Ang

Offline Jeff

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2013, 02:47:22 PM »
Yeh its interesting the seats are basically just number 1-250(or so) and they start at the front left I think and go across then the next row continues.  There are also breaks in the rows or aisle, you could end up across the aisle from your seat mate.  So for Doctor Who I think I had number 78 which I thought would be pretty far back, but it ended up being like 4th row center. 

Offline Angie

• Ballroom 20
    • The NerdyGirl's Blog
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2013, 07:50:31 PM »
Hey all! I've been posting this on other forums and twitter but I think it's a good way for all your NERDHQ questions to get answered.

Last year we did a detailed write-up on everything about HQ.

Here is the link for the layout and venue details:

And here is the link for details on ticket sales, panels, dates, etc.

I agree that it's going to be more difficult to get tickets this year. It was tricky last year, because the program they used to sell the tickets did not work. As a result, some people thought they got tickets but did not, and they were sometimes split up or given higher number seats.

It's still an amazing time and I highly recommend it.

Offline dogberry

• Gaming Lounge
  • Stories are worth dying for.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2013, 08:08:56 PM »
Thank you SO much those links, Angie! They really helped to clear up a lot of confusion I had over the ticketing process.

Unfortunately, judging by how tickets were announced/sold last year, I am worried about not being able to score any since I am flying to the US at least a week before SDCC and may not have ready access to mobile Internet. Oh well, fingers crossed!!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2013, 08:23:20 PM »
That's great information. Angie! It sounds like you hung out there e entire weekend!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2013, 09:31:52 PM »
Hey all! I've been posting this on other forums and twitter but I think it's a good way for all your NERDHQ questions to get answered.

I agree that it's going to be more difficult to get tickets this year. It was tricky last year, because the program they used to sell the tickets did not work. As a result, some people thought they got tickets but did not, and they were sometimes split up or given higher number seats.

Welcome to the forum!  Thanks for posting you're links, very informative.

I do have a question, I attempted to buy a ticket to something last year. I forget which show.  IIRC, I logged on but the site seemed to be be dead.  Was that the 'snag in ticketing' issue you wrote about?
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5