Author Topic: SDCC 2024 Hotel Discussion  (Read 35285 times)

Offline zoraster

• Supporter
  • Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 29
Re: SDCC 2024 Hotel Discussion
« Reply #915 on: May 09, 2024, 08:00:21 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Most (maybe all?) of the MMM kings have a pullout couch, so no rollaway is needed.

I think they renovated the rooms between 2022 and 2023 i believe. Is this chair a pullout? That's neat, I didn't check it last I stayed there.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 10032
« Reply #916 on: May 09, 2024, 09:29:20 PM »
I think they renovated the rooms between 2022 and 2023 i believe. Is this chair a pullout? That's neat, I didn't check it last I stayed there.

Yes. You can kind of tell if you look at it that the bottom cushion is removable and the bed is inside.

Every king room I've been in at MMM has the pullout bed. But if it's important to you, make sure to put it in a room request and mention it at check-in, just in case there are some room types that don't have it (I haven't been in *every* king room at MMM.... ;) ).

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #917 on: Today at 11:46:09 AM »

Offline zoraster

• Supporter
  • Sails Pavilion
« Reply #917 on: May 10, 2024, 03:50:24 PM »
Yes. You can kind of tell if you look at it that the bottom cushion is removable and the bed is inside.

Every king room I've been in at MMM has the pullout bed. But if it's important to you, make sure to put it in a room request and mention it at check-in, just in case there are some room types that don't have it (I haven't been in *every* king room at MMM.... ;) ).

Assuming I'm in a room with one, the first thing I'm going to do when I get there is pull the bed out and giggle in glee, and it's going to really confuse my wife.

Offline beadrbop

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 110
« Reply #918 on: May 10, 2024, 06:32:07 PM »
Most (maybe all?) of the MMM kings have a pullout couch, so no rollaway is needed.
Thanks for the info! That would be awesome. Getting in on Monday so keeping fingers crossed we can make it work. I am way too old to sleep on the floor. Offered the bed to son but he is ok with a rollaway (well he has no choice lol)

Offline sylent_asassin

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 216
« Reply #919 on: May 13, 2024, 11:36:44 AM »
I've been checking periodically to see if there's any vacancies, but there have been no openings since the day of the refund deadline... and the Westin Gaslamp has disappeared from the hotel list. Even the Hotel Circle hotels don't have any vacancies for the entirety of the convention.

In prior years, hotels would open up closer to the event, so I'm guessing that will be the case again.

Offline taka

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 174
« Reply #920 on: May 13, 2024, 11:41:32 AM »
I've been checking periodically to see if there's any vacancies, but there have been no openings since the day of the refund deadline... and the Westin Gaslamp has disappeared from the hotel list. Even the Hotel Circle hotels don't have any vacancies for the entirety of the convention.

In prior years, hotels would open up closer to the event, so I'm guessing that will be the case again.

is it me or last year was the same? this is the new norm now? everything oos and pray hotels open up reaaaaally close to the con?

Offline AnnaD

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 21
« Reply #921 on: May 13, 2024, 11:43:50 AM »
is it me or last year was the same? this is the new norm now? everything oos and pray hotels open up reaaaaally close to the con?
But then I already paid for 2 nights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline chirigami

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 79
« Reply #922 on: May 13, 2024, 12:34:09 PM »
I’m also wondering if the hotels are just giving OnPeak less and less rooms each year. We were in San Diego over the weekend, staying at the MMM, and my sister asked them about hotel availability for SDCC. They told her they had plenty of rooms available, but of course at their like $1k price per night ~

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1347
« Reply #923 on: May 13, 2024, 02:23:55 PM »
I’m also wondering if the hotels are just giving OnPeak less and less rooms each year. We were in San Diego over the weekend, staying at the MMM, and my sister asked them about hotel availability for SDCC. They told her they had plenty of rooms available, but of course at their like $1k price per night ~

That is very interesting.  Thanks for scoping that out.
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline MarvelGurl

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 289
« Reply #924 on: May 13, 2024, 03:32:09 PM »
I remember that the majority of the hotel (yes even the most sought after) started popping back up throughout June. Could have been due to vendors/studios/companies pulling out of SDCC or hotels opening up what they couldn't sell at the high price point just to be able to make something.

Offline rushfanyyz

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 222
« Reply #925 on: May 13, 2024, 03:42:08 PM »
Some of that might have been due to the strikes. If they start popping up again this year we will know its not a total abnormality.

Offline chachime45

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 65
« Reply #926 on: May 13, 2024, 05:35:33 PM »
Yeesh this gets more nerve-wracking every year (I have a room but I keep an eye on things to get a handle on future options). I think next year I might just dip back into the early bird pool.

Offline thewiredknight

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #927 on: May 14, 2024, 03:06:50 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with the Hilton Bayfront and their pet policy?  Or general pet experience at SDCC for hotels?

My wife and I have two cats and we're quickly coming upon some difficulties making arrangements for them while we're gone.  We were thinking about bringing them to the hotel with us but were told that the hotel only allows them in the room if someone is with them at all times or they are crated.  This is difficult with two cats and SDCC (especially with two room mates so there's four of us plus two crates cuts space A LOT).  I was curious what others have experienced if they've tried to bring pets (particularly with regards to the Hilton if possible).

We have ZERO intention of bringing them into the convention center.

Offline zoraster

• Supporter
  • Sails Pavilion
« Reply #928 on: May 14, 2024, 03:42:01 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with the Hilton Bayfront and their pet policy?  Or general pet experience at SDCC for hotels?

My wife and I have two cats and we're quickly coming upon some difficulties making arrangements for them while we're gone.  We were thinking about bringing them to the hotel with us but were told that the hotel only allows them in the room if someone is with them at all times or they are crated.  This is difficult with two cats and SDCC (especially with two room mates so there's four of us plus two crates cuts space A LOT).  I was curious what others have experienced if they've tried to bring pets (particularly with regards to the Hilton if possible).

We have ZERO intention of bringing them into the convention center.

Speaking personally, I would never bring my cats to a hotel room unless I was moving and that was necessary. They're going to hate it, you're going to need to bring a litterbox, etc. which isn't going to be great in a hotel room with 4 people. And as discussed a bit earlier, HBF rooms are smaller than most already.

That's to say nothing of HBF's pet policy which appears to be $50 fee and they can't be unattended. Unless you live in truly the middle of nowhere, I'd just get a pet sitting service.

Offline thewiredknight

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #929 on: May 14, 2024, 04:47:28 PM »
Speaking personally, I would never bring my cats to a hotel room unless I was moving and that was necessary. They're going to hate it, you're going to need to bring a litterbox, etc. which isn't going to be great in a hotel room with 4 people. And as discussed a bit earlier, HBF rooms are smaller than most already.

That's to say nothing of HBF's pet policy which appears to be $50 fee and they can't be unattended. Unless you live in truly the middle of nowhere, I'd just get a pet sitting service.

We called them and the $50 is a one time fee which is significantly cheaper than a pet sitting service (which is at least $50 per day) or a pet hotel (which is closer to $80 per day per pet).  It's not ideal so this is why we're thinking about it.