Author Topic: Flying to SDCC 2024  (Read 4446 times)

Offline waltbionik

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 100
Re: Flying to SDCC 2024
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2024, 03:19:51 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I've been flying Soutwest until last year, as I broke down to get a nonstop flight from Philly to San Diego via American...soooooo much of a difference.  SW, always had a multi-hour layover when flying out/back.  When I was 10 years younger that worked, not anymore  :D

Hey, I'm also from Philly and stopped flying Southwest in favor of American. The American nonstop flight from Philly to San Diego is so much better. I spring for Main Plus so I can get free bags (to bring back all my stuff from SDCC) and I can choose any of the seats for free. Good to see another Philadelphian in here!

Offline dkd

• Hall H
  • Liked: 632
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2024, 06:55:00 PM »
I have secured my tickets from NYC.  My flight to SD is a frequent flyer reward flight.  For the trip back, I decided to save money by skipping Sunday and flying back on the redeye on Saturday night.  I chose Delta because I had a $100 credit I earned last year.  The price of the flight was $188 after the credit was applied.  I did this last year and the savings on the flight and having one less hotel night more than makes up for not going to the con on Sunday.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #47 on: Today at 08:48:37 AM »

Offline Nimitz

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 21
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2024, 07:25:33 AM »
I fly from a small town in Quebec tickets are always expensive(~$1000) since my airport on has one flight a day. One arrival and One Departure to Montreal that is it, not other flights anywhere. Normally I  have to spend a night in Montreal because the flight to my airport is once a day at 9am. So what I do, is to try and find a flight with points that will get me to Montreal early enough to catch the 9am flight from anywhere in the usa. I then fly to that airport, if San Diego or LAX dont work. Most times it is Vegas, last year it was Vancover. I have a little spreed sheet that I use for the diffrent option and I get one ways because the round trip option never work out time wise since I normal will lose a day in one of the directions.

Offline Xio

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2024, 10:23:40 PM »
Woah! Your flight planning skills sound epic!!

I fly from a small town in Quebec tickets are always expensive(~$1000) since my airport on has one flight a day. One arrival and One Departure to Montreal that is it, not other flights anywhere. Normally I  have to spend a night in Montreal because the flight to my airport is once a day at 9am. So what I do, is to try and find a flight with points that will get me to Montreal early enough to catch the 9am flight from anywhere in the usa. I then fly to that airport, if San Diego or LAX dont work. Most times it is Vegas, last year it was Vancover. I have a little spreed sheet that I use for the diffrent option and I get one ways because the round trip option never work out time wise since I normal will lose a day in one of the directions.

Offline Wkdbriss

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 135
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2024, 09:24:25 AM »

And here I thought I had it bad with the 1.5 hour drive to Dallas to catch a flight. Yikes! That sounds like a hassle and expensive but it also sounds like you’ve got everything down to a science.  :)

Offline dkd

• Hall H
  • Liked: 632
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2024, 07:34:15 PM »
Low cost airline Breeze just added San Diego as a destination, starting flights in May.

"Breeze Airways’ new San Diego nonstop routes include the debut of routes for the hub to Cincinnati, Jacksonville, Norfolk, Raleigh-Durham, and Pittsburgh."

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1279
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2024, 02:22:42 AM »
Low cost airline Breeze just added San Diego as a destination, starting flights in May.

"Breeze Airways’ new San Diego nonstop routes include the debut of routes for the hub to Cincinnati, Jacksonville, Norfolk, Raleigh-Durham, and Pittsburgh."

Has anyone flown on Breeze? Curious...low cost= lower service?
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia