Author Topic: Godzilla Minus One  (Read 349 times)

Offline Old Man Grey

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 246
Godzilla Minus One
« on: December 06, 2023, 08:55:25 AM »
Just saw it in IMAX. Best Godzilla film since the first. It shows what kiddie films the recent American versions are. Godzilla is a killer not a plush toy. Several nods to the original film. Great story, acting and effects. See it on the big screen. In Japanese with subtitles.

Offline Xircuits

• Supporter
  • Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 103
Re: Godzilla Minus One
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2023, 09:25:42 AM »
Loved this film too! From the start, I had strong feelings/opinions about the pilot and my emotions went through a rollercoaster as the film went on. Strong human element and character growth. Instant classic.
Handle for most social media & gaming accounts: @Xircuits

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 09:00:57 AM »

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1757
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2023, 02:13:48 PM »
I love that we're currently getting multiple sides of Godzilla: this one, plus Monarch on Apple TV+, plus the upcoming GODZILLA x KONG movie.  Kind of a golden age of Godzilla!!

Offline MandoSaves

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 29
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2023, 10:53:24 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I love that we're currently getting multiple sides of Godzilla: this one, plus Monarch on Apple TV+, plus the upcoming GODZILLA x KONG movie.  Kind of a golden age of Godzilla!!

Is there any connection between Monarch and Minus One? Like, does either movie reference the other, or are they both stand-alone?

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1757
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2023, 11:31:19 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Is there any connection between Monarch and Minus One? Like, does either movie reference the other, or are they both stand-alone?
No, Minus One is its own thing, as was the equally awesome SHIN GODZILLA from a little while back.  The people who holds the license for Godzilla (I presume Toho Studios) have very wisely let Japan's Toho studios do their own thing, and Legendary do theirs.  the Monarch series is tied into the current WB Godzilla film series (GODZILLA; SKULL ISLAND, GODZILLA: KING OF MONSTERS; GODZILLA vs KONG; the upcoming GODZILLA x KONG; etc): it's a pretty direct 'sequel' to the 2014 GODZILLA film.

Fun fact about MINUS ONE: it was made for around $15m as Japanese movies are made FAR cheaper than most other countries (mostly because of intense exploitation of workers: lots of work for very little pay) and looks like it cost almost 10x that!