Author Topic: CCI 2012 Room Shares  (Read 21884 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 5335
CCI 2012 Room Shares
« on: November 21, 2011, 07:11:58 AM »
If you're interested in sharing a room/apt/condo post here.

Just a quick word about Condo Shares; If you Book the condo for a good price you will find people to share the cost. 
Make sure you understand the *total cost*.  This includes taxes & cleaning fees.

kindly follow this format

LAYOUT
Name: (This is optional; you can use your forum username instead)
Hotel: (Which hotel you are staying at?  Are beds available? Is there floor space available?  Will there be roll-out beds?)

Days Booked: (Include which days)
Price: (Include calculated hotel tax and the like.  If you're looking for a room, just write "N/A" here.)
Smoking/Drinking: (Yes or No)
Spaces Left: (In other words, how many people do you want to be in your room? Don't forget to include yourself.)

Preferences and Description:
  • What type of room is it, and how many people can it fit?
  • Do you have an age or gender preference for roommates?
  • Include a brief description about yourself: (Ex: I am a cosplayer, so I have props and other cosplay items that will take up a portion of the room.)
  • Specific behavioral preferences for roommates? (Ex: I prefer one that is organized, clean, and a non-smoker.)
Please edit/modify your post if your room is full, or if you made any changes to the room.
This is so that people can see which rooms are available and which aren't.

* Disclaimer*
****I do not vet people/agencys who post here!  Please use your personal judgement as to the other person****

***Thank you Zero for putting structure to this page! :)***

« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 12:07:53 AM by Zero »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline mlayos

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
Re: Room Shares
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 05:19:18 PM »
2 cousins from Canada coming down to the Comic Con looking for anyone who has a place for the whole convention including the preview night.
Just your typical fun nerds, we like comics, games, magic and movies.  We are planning to do cosplay on one of the days, so someone who is doing the same would be cool.

Looking for not just a room but people to meet and possibly hit a club or the beach (Lego land even!) with, so not just the con.
would like a place that is short walking distance from the convention center we'll have a car but I suspect parking will be stupid.

Send me an email to [email protected] with rates and what you are offering whether its a couch, bed or floor.

Thanks for reading
Cheers
JR   

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: CCI 2012 Room Shares
« Reply #2 on: Today at 09:13:05 PM »

Offline BustAGroove

• Exhibit Hall
  • Nerd Gurl In Search Of A Peaceful Soul
    • FaceBook
  • Liked: 3
Re: Room Shares (500 West Hotel)
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 10:43:40 PM »
I have a dilemma:  I was able to purchase a Comic-Con pass for myself but unable for a family member :-(  I'm waiting to hear from Comic-Con when they'll release returned badges for resales.  If I'm unable to get a badge for my family member, I'm interested in sharing the following accommodations. 

I'll be at Comic-Con from July 11-15, 2012 and have reserved a standard double room (non-smoking) with city view at 500 West Hotel:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

This room is furnished with a flat screen TV and a wardrobe for a maximum of 2 people.  There is no meal option with this room. 

There is no capacity for extra beds/cots in the room.  Public parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed) and charges are applicable.
Wi-fi is available in the entire hotel and is free of charge.  Pets are not allowed.

San Diego Convention Center is a short 5-10 minute walk from the hotel's front door. The 500 West is an urban, European-style hotel with 260 contemporary guestrooms, fitness center, and cafe.

You'll be able to cancel up until July 6, 2012 8:00 am at no charge.   
Geek Out - Comic-Con Madness (Pinterest)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline juldu33

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 09:43:37 AM »
Hi everyone !
This year will be my first Comic Con, I'm going with a friend.
We would be interested in sharing a room with 2 other persons, considering the prices of hotels.
We are both 19-year-old-french boys, particularly found of TV shows like Lost, Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, The Walking Dead...
Send me a PM if you are interested ;)

EDIT : Sorry, but i have bought the hotel yesterday (just for the two of us)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 11:18:50 AM by juldu33 »

Offline Blays

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 12:11:57 PM »
So this is my first year going. I'm a 40 year old man recently single Currently from South Carolina (I'm FROM Chicago, I live in SC). I'm a non-smoker, and I drink very little. I'm also a culinary arts student, not that I see myself cooking this weekend. I'd like to talk to the person I'm sharing a room with ahead of time, dont wanna crash with a complete stranger. e-mail me anytime.

Richard

Offline Dan Berry

• Exhibit Hall
  • Comic Con veteran
    • The Convention Collective
  • Liked: 22
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 02:46:30 PM »
Hey, Dijetu
Did you mean Holiday Inn Rancho Bernardo ? If so, that's quite a bit farther then 1/2 mile from the Convention Center. I'm a San Diego resident/native, and I'd estimate, that it's at 15-20 minute drive....just an FYI

I've managed to get a  room, (2 beds, I believe, but bring your sleeping bag and we'll sneak you in past security if there's lots of you}  about a half mile from the Con.  It's a little too soon to be making anyone any promises, but if you're interested in sharing, I'm down with that.  I'm at the Holiday Inn Ranch Bernardo.  I've booked for the 11th to the 15th.  No free breakfast or anything, but it's within walking or a cheap cab fare.  Email me at [email protected] if you're down.  I'm volunteering this year, so I'll be there for the duration.  Cheers!
Contributor to The Convention Collective & The Geekiary
SDCC 1993-1996, 2000-2019, WonderCon 2014-2019
C2E2 2015-2016, Phoenix Comiccon 2015-2016,
Silicon Valley Comic Con 2017-2018
ECCC 2017-2019
LBCC 2016-2019
LBCE 2016-2018
TwitchCon 2016-2017, and many more (13 in 2018)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1856
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 08:54:15 AM »
@Alyssa: May I suggest including this formatting in the first post?  I think it'll really help with organizing posts in this thread (it might even make it easier for people to look for roommates).

Hope it helps! ^_^d

« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 08:05:05 AM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Voluptuous Donuts

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 06:38:50 AM »
Mr. Donuts
500 West
4 days Thursday through Sunday
Smoke yes/ Drink no
One space left (possibly two depending on security)
The room has a single & double bed, but I only have my guest w/me.
18+ yrs, organized, clean, responsible, and respectful. I don't mind any cosplay gear, costumes, tourist stuff, or what you get at the CC. I'm in my mid-thirties, have lived in SD for over fifteen years, know what a carne asada burrito is, and remember the days when you could walk up to CC, and buy a badge. If you like Star Wars, Robotech, anime, movies, zombies, and Big Sonic Chill...then I'm sure we'll get along. I'm responsible, and believe that respect goes both ways. Also, NO drugs, underage drinking, or anything illegal. I don't, and hope you will do the same. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

So if you have read this far, here is my offer:
I would like two badges for Friday and/or Saturday for my guest and I. I'm aware that badges are non-transferable, however, if you were to purchase these (resales/refunds in May) for me then the space is yours. Now here's the kicker, I am willing to pay the purchase price of the tickets (if you get them), and the room is yours for free. Yes, this may sound too good to be true, but some people have good luck, or are just ahead in line. I will try to purchase them on my own, but if I can't and someone else comes through, well then whomever has a place to stay. If you have any concerns, questions, or what-have-you feel free to ask.

Also, I think it would be appropriate to communicate before hand that way we have an idea of who the other is.

Offline DarthShader

• Sails Pavilion
    • Radical Ray
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 05:47:30 AM »

Looking for a place to sleep, shower, and store my items Thursday - Sunday.
Within a mile or so of the Convention is fine, plenty of shuttles, and I don't mind walking.
Easier to make this trip if there is a way to share lodging costs.

I'm a non smoker, responsible late 30's. Star Wars fan & collector, love comic books, movies, and art. Not much of a party person, SDCC will be a little break from paramedic school. I am neat and organized, and trustworthy. (firefighter/paramedic student)

If you have a room booked and want an extra person to share costs with, please get in touch. Sharon
[email protected]
Sharon

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1856
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 07:57:37 AM »
(Just a quick reminder: don't be afraid to copy/paste the formatting included in the first post while you're filling out the details.  It's definitely there to help you, so you might as well use it to the fullest extent!) ^-^d *thumbs up*

Provided again just for convenience:

LAYOUT
Name: (This is optional; you can use your forum username instead)
Hotel: (Which hotel you are staying at?)

Days Booked: (Include which days)
Price: (Include calculated hotel tax and the like.  If you're looking for a room, just write "N/A" here.)
Smoking/Drinking: (Yes or No)
Spaces Left: (In other words, how many people do you want to be in your room? Don't forget to include yourself.)

• What type of room is it, and how many people can it fit?
  • Do you have an age or gender preference for roommates?
  • Include a brief description about yourself: (Ex: I am a cosplayer, so I have props and other cosplay items that will take up a portion of the room.)
  • Specific behavioral preferences for roommates? (Ex: I prefer one that is organized, clean, and a non-smoker.)
  • Any additional notes/comments you would like to add?
Contact Preferences: (Do you want people to contact you via PM?  Otherwise, include either your e-mail, AIM, MSN, Yahoo, etc.)

Please edit/modify your post if your room is full, or if you made any changes to the room. This is so that people can see which rooms are available and which aren't.

Good luck with finding roommates!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 02:29:02 AM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline DarthShader

• Sails Pavilion
    • Radical Ray
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 02:23:51 PM »

LAYOUT
Name:Sharon B aka DarthShader
Hotel: NEED a room to share, will have CASH for my portion. Have credit card as well, if needed.

Days Booked: Thursday thru Sunday
Smoking/Drinking: No/on occasion

• Looking for a room to share within 5 miles of convention
  • Do you have an age or gender preference for roommates? I do not have a preference, but would like my roomies to be comfortable with me. I am in my late 30's, am outgoing and friendly.
  • Include a brief description about yourself: Female Star Wars junkie, movie and comic book geek, art fan. Traveling solo.
  • Any additional notes/comments you would like to add?
Paramedic/firefighter student, Orlando Florida business owner. I am neat and organized, and will just need a place to crash for a few hours, shower, and store my suitcase.
If anyone is looking for a responsible, friendly,  trustworthy person to share a room with, please consider me. thanks for reading!

Contact Preferences: [email protected]

Would be grateful to share a room with other attendees, so we can all spend more at the event!!! Am traveling from Orlando, Fl and will be working as a volunteer. This will be my 2nd SDCC (first time as a SDCC volunteer). I am also attending Star Wars Celebration 6, and have attended all Star Wars Celebration Conventions and Disney Star Wars Weekends.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 09:45:55 PM by DarthShader »
Sharon

Offline Blays

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2012, 02:33:49 PM »

LAYOUT
Name: Richard
Hotel: Town and Country

Days Booked: 5 (Wends-Sunday)
Smoking/Drinking: Prefer No Smoking/ Dont care about drinking as long as I dont put up with the drunkenness
Spaces Left: 1 spot left (2 total me and you)

What type of room is it, and how many people can it fit? 2 spaces and I got 1
Do you have an age or gender preference for roommates? Dont care
Include a brief description about yourself: 40 year old man. Life long geek. Comic, Dr. Who, MMO, First con and looking forward to it. Also Culinary Arts student.
Specific behavioral preferences for roommates? I would prefer someone who not to wild, but likes to have fun.
Any additional notes/comments you would like to add? I'd like to talk to the person first and for a while. not looking forward to hanging out with a complete stranger.
Contact Preferences: You can contact me here.

Offline tinabella

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 11:07:58 PM »
Name: Tina (bella)
Hotel: none, need something!

Days Booked: need at least friday and saturday
Smoking/Drinking: No

looking for a cheap place! I only have around $200 to spend so I was hoping to share a room. Prefer a single female or at least a small group of mixed guy/girl. I'm planning on doing cosplay at least one day and it would be cool to go with people that are too. This is my first time so not really sure what all there is to do after show but I wanna have fun! I'm pretty easy to get along with and I think I'm fun and not drama, I don't smoke and don't drink much. You can email me at [email protected]

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 5335
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2012, 08:08:22 AM »
LAYOUT
Name: Skyy
Hotel: As of now I have a room at the Towne and Country but I'm hoping for a main host hotel

Days Booked: Thurs-Sunday
Smoking/Drinking: I don't smoke but I drink.
Spaces Left: I am looking for oane or two people to share a room with. I am coming to Comic-Con by myself and would like a roommate.  I am going to attempt to get a room during the main Host hotel sale but if I am unsuccessful I'll be at the Towne and Country.

What type of room is it, and how many people can it fit? Double Room
    Do you have an age or gender preference for roommates? I'll be turning 30 the week before Comic Con.
    Include a brief description about yourself: This is my first SDCC. I'm very excited. I'm into The Hunger Games, Spartacus, Vampires (True blood, Twilight, Being human),  Dr Who, Dexter and more.   
    Specific behavioral preferences for roommates? I can deal with most things but smoking is one I can't get giggy with.
    Any additional notes/comments you would like to add?

Contact Preferences: Facebook: SuperAgeek my website You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline CNW

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2012, 10:24:29 AM »
Hotel - 500west
Dates- July 7- 14
Single person occupency
Not looking to share only to "sell" a nonrefundable hotel booking that I had already paid for in full.

Ok so tried to get a badge and didn't.
 Now I have a paid for hotel reservation that is non refundable because I was reeeeeaaally optomistic. I am aware there is a chance that I could get a resale but I've had to alter plans since the main sale.
 If any one is interested it's at the 500West hotel/hostel from July 7th - 14th. It's a single occupency room. 15 min walk to the convention centre.  I would be willing to work out a deal with someone to recover some of my cost and (try to) switch the reservation to another name. I'm asking $400. Which is less than what I paid for it.
 If your interested please send me an email and we can discuss it.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 10:27:17 AM by CNW »