Author Topic: Introductions/Welcome Thread  (Read 108058 times)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1766
Re: Introductions/Welcome Thread
« Reply #1230 on: October 09, 2019, 05:26:26 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
hi ya'll  :) Spiffy aka Spiff bkn Acasha here

Ive actually been a lurker for two years, finding the information shared on this forum to be so helpful! Ive finally decided to actually introduce myself lol

If you're a member of the Funko Funatics board, Ive been member there for few years now.

2019 was my third SDCC and Im totally an addict to the amazing madness!

I think I finally feel con-competent enough to try and find a buying group to join or start one myself. I know you guys aren't open to newbies here, but hoping maybe to make friends regardless and figure out how to get something going on my own.

Really, just want to make friends. And stop being creepy lurker haha.  ^-^

Welcome to the forums, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login!  Glad you could join us in our community!

I think Transmute explained the current situation for the buying groups for returning registration quite well, so I'll instead ask you this:

What are your favorite fandoms?  Also, what aspects about Comic-Con interest you (panels, autographs, toy figure exclusives, etc.)?

Once again, welcome!  Please feel free to jump into a discussion that interests you, or start up a thread about something you haven't yet seen on the forums.  You never know if others might want to chat about the same topic too.  ^__^/
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline spiffythedog

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #1231 on: October 10, 2019, 07:30:29 AM »
Thanks!

And I expected there to be Funatics floating around in here under different covers! I chose to use the same name between boards so that others might be able to find me. Hopefully I can find a few of my pals and make new ones! There is never enough time at the con or Fundays, so I'm thankful we have other outlets to connect.

And I totally get it re: the buying groups. SDCC just keeps getting more and more interest. I imagine the buying group is a challenging thing to organize, even just for a small group! Im a little bit of a geek and build tools and design financial data-flow processes for a living, so that nerdy side of me is curious about seeing one in action and how technically it all works.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #1232 on: Today at 10:38:12 PM »

Offline spiffythedog

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #1232 on: October 10, 2019, 06:27:34 PM »

What are your favorite fandoms?  Also, what aspects about Comic-Con interest you (panels, autographs, toy figure exclusives, etc.)?

Thanks for the warm welcome! Favorite fandom is Star Wars, but I love so much more. Grew up reading fantasy novels, playing video games, and binge-watching television. Truly just love pop culture. As far as comic-con, I'd love to make it to a panel one day, but so far Ive had too much fun cruising the exhibit floor. My happy place at SDCC is artist alley. Ive gotten to meet so many cool people and score such great original art work. Im totally addicted! Despite being a life-long nerd, getting into collecting Funko is really what kicked off my now almost concerning pop-culture collecting habit :D

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #1233 on: Today at 10:38:12 PM »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1766
« Reply #1233 on: October 11, 2019, 03:35:52 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome! Favorite fandom is Star Wars, but I love so much more. Grew up reading fantasy novels, playing video games, and binge-watching television. Truly just love pop culture. As far as comic-con, I'd love to make it to a panel one day, but so far Ive had too much fun cruising the exhibit floor. My happy place at SDCC is artist alley. Ive gotten to meet so many cool people and score such great original art work. Im totally addicted! Despite being a life-long nerd, getting into collecting Funko is really what kicked off my now almost concerning pop-culture collecting habit :D

Awesome!  It sounds like you're going to be just fine here, as we are a bunch of (friendly, of course) nerds.  ^__~  You also mentioned a lot of buzz words that get people, including myself, excited and want to talk about, ha ha!  Video games, TV, books, Star Wars...

I love the artist alley at Comic-Con as well, but if you're ever in the Anaheim area at the end of March (or early April), the WonderCon artist alley is probably my favorite so far.  It's so much larger than the one at Comic-Con, and the crowds aren't as big so you have some breathing and walking room (always plus, ha ha!).  The atmosphere also feels like "Comic-Con light" since it's run  by the same organization and people.  Truthfully some of my favorite artists can only attend WonderCon, so I see them there. XD

Looking forward to seeing around the forums!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...