Author Topic: Ausiello Party  (Read 1661 times)

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 508
Ausiello Party
« on: June 30, 2014, 10:32:46 AM »
Has anyone seen/heard anything? I'm starting to think it might not happen this year.

Offline freeagent

• Exhibit Hall
    • tumblrrrr
  • Liked: 16
Re: Ausiello Party
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 11:33:32 PM »
I thought he usually doesn't do any contests until much closer to the Con.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 09:18:35 AM »

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 06:31:40 AM »
But normally it's announced or mentioned much sooner.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 5387
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 06:41:42 AM »
did he even show up at the party last year?

i also am wondering how wide spread the reported increase in prices facilities are charging for space is effecting the party planing.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 06:51:52 AM »
He was there last year. I chatted with him and got a photo.

Offline CptMyCpt24

• Hall H
  • myth of the chupacabra is just that - utter crap
  • Liked: 100
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2014, 10:08:59 AM »
I saw him in the lobby just after the party. Chatted a bit and that was it. We weren't at the party just staying in that hotel.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

SDCC: 2011-2014, 2016-2019| ECCC: 2015-2018 | WonderCon: ? | DragonCon: ? | NYCC: ?

Zim: Ummm, is it supposed to be stupid?
Tallest Purple: It's not stupid; [sarcastically] it's advanced!

Offline dolphina

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Live Long and Prosper
  • Liked: 1133
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2014, 04:16:54 PM »
When ukdeejay had the woman on from the zombie walk I remember she mentioned a $90,000 price she had been quoted when searching for a venue to hold the zombie prom. I was astonished by the price, I've helped put on some Christmas parties and we've done nice hotels, restaurants, and country clubs and this is during Christmas which is another "popular" time and true we were only booking for a 100 people but it hasn't been over $15,000 but that was for a sit-down dinner with appetizers and limited alcohol.

If venues are trying to make a huge profit because it is ComicCon and they are thinking studios and other big names will be willing to pay what they are asking, that might be true for some, but a lot of companies and everybody else are looking to downsize their expenses and this increase in venue rentals might end up with less parties being booked. If that happens we might see the venues lowering their prices or having empty ballrooms or pool areas actually being open to hotel guests in the evenings.

It would be interesting to know if Hard Rock has any venues available during SDCC  >:D
(Update) Looked under the "Parties" thread and saw that Hard Rock is booked Thurs, Friday, & Sat; although, one night was still tentative.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 04:22:40 PM by dolphinax2 »
A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting”

Wondercon, SDCC, Comikazi, Blizzcon, SWCA, D23

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2014, 04:25:46 PM »
Last year, the party was at his hotel in this loft area where they normally had the breakfast buffet set up.  A friend told me he wanted to have it at Nerd HQ again but there just wasn't any space.

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1649
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2014, 05:36:28 PM »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
When ukdeejay had the woman on from the zombie walk I remember she mentioned a $90,000 price she had been quoted when searching for a venue to hold the zombie prom. I was astonished by the price, I've helped put on some Christmas parties and we've done nice hotels, restaurants, and country clubs and this is during Christmas which is another "popular" time and true we were only booking for a 100 people but it hasn't been over $15,000 but that was for a sit-down dinner with appetizers and limited alcohol.

If venues are trying to make a huge profit because it is ComicCon and they are thinking studios and other big names will be willing to pay what they are asking, that might be true for some, but a lot of companies and everybody else are looking to downsize their expenses and this increase in venue rentals might end up with less parties being booked. If that happens we might see the venues lowering their prices or having empty ballrooms or pool areas actually being open to hotel guests in the evenings.

It would be interesting to know if Hard Rock has any venues available during SDCC  >:D
(Update) Looked under the "Parties" thread and saw that Hard Rock is booked Thurs, Friday, & Sat; although, one night was still tentative.
It will only get more expensive - unfortunately.
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 5387
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2014, 05:43:17 PM »
It will only get more expensive - unfortunately.

unless people don't pay the price & the venue is dark for sdcc. then the question will be who's "smart idea" was it to ask such a stupid price.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1649
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2014, 05:44:06 PM »

unless people don't pay the price & the venue is dark for sdcc. then the question will be who's "smart idea" was it to ask such a stupid price.
Tru Dat!!!!! Preach on sister!
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Offline Alvetica

• Exhibit Hall
  • Years at Comic-Con: 2003-present Twitter:@alvetica
    • @alvetica
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2014, 05:40:29 PM »
Anyone remember when he announced it last year?

Offline nerdftw

• Ballroom 20
  • "Eleven's the best; you'll cry your eyes out"
  • Liked: 106
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2014, 08:58:50 PM »
7/10 last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oswin: Is there a word for total screaming genius that sounds modest and a tiny bit sexy?

The Doctor: Doctor. You call me the Doctor.

Offline indiglow

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 43
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2014, 09:10:34 AM »
Question: Any word on this year’s Aushole bash at San Diego Comic-Con? Is there going to be one? When are you giving out the tickets? I want to go so badly! -Cari
Ausiello: Unfortunately, we had to scrap the party this year for reasons both logistical and otherwise, and no one’s more bummed about it that your host. But I assure you, my annual booze-and-swag fest will resume in 2015. In the meantime, if you find yourself in desperate need of an Aus fix, I touch down in San Diego tonight around 8 pm PST, and I’ll probably be at Baggage Claim 1 around 8:15. Shortly thereafter I’ll be on the taxi line. That should put me into the Gaslamp district at around 9 pm. At around 10:15 I’ll be standing in front of the convention center giving out free hugs as well as flyers with my Thursday, Friday and Saturday itineraries. Oh, and I’m wearing a blue-and-white gingham shirt.