Author Topic: CCI 2015 Ace Parking  (Read 56289 times)

Offline BadWolf

• Volunteer HQ
  • It's all the same to the many faced god.
  • Liked: 663
CCI 2015 Ace Parking
« on: November 10, 2014, 11:03:38 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
And bring on ACEpocalypse!

The parking lottery - is that to park inside the convention center? Is it any cheaper than the $40/day I pay to park at my hotel?

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1159
Re: CCI 2015 Ace Parking
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 11:13:59 AM »
The parking lottery - is that to park inside the convention center? Is it any cheaper than the $40/day I pay to park at my hotel?

It is cheaper, but you can't leave it there overnight so you would have to figure that out every day.  Hotel might be easier. 

Here is the info from 2014... You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 09:20:37 PM »

Offline Louie_rob_m

• Hall H
  • Liked: 337
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 11:22:58 AM »
Last year the convention center was like $15/ day iirc.  But the sale was brutal, i remember trying for like 12 hrs to get in the website to buy

Offline susanml10881

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 129
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 11:24:20 AM »
There is option of parking at the Convention Center (which fills up fastest) but there are also surrounding lots. As stated you cannot park overnight and there are certain hours you cannot park so if you are line camping, you have to plan accordingly. You would still need your hotel parking unless you want to fight for street parking and move it x amount of times.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Buying Group Coordinator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 7678
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 11:35:31 AM »
Kind of makes me wish my younger brother and his girlfriend are also Comic-Con attendees, so I can get two additional computers and log on with all three badge IDs!

Well it was me, my husband and my daughter, all in the same room...

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1601
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 11:41:09 AM »
Last year the convention center was like $15/ day iirc.  But the sale was brutal, i remember trying for like 12 hrs to get in the website to buy

They also had a $3.25 (or something like that) per day "transaction fee" which always bugged me when all days were bought with a single click.  Seems more honest to me to just raise prices and not hide the cost in fees.

Not ranting at you, ranting at Ace.   :)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Buying Group Coordinator
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 7678
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 11:53:57 AM »
They also had a $3.25 (or something like that) per day "transaction fee" which always bugged me when all days were bought with a single click.  Seems more honest to me to just raise prices and not hide the cost in fees.

I bought 5 days at the convention center garage last year and it cost $100, so it was $20 per day including all of the fees.

Offline BadWolf

• Volunteer HQ
  • It's all the same to the many faced god.
  • Liked: 663
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2014, 11:57:52 AM »
Thanks. Sounds like hotel is the way to go.

Offline Louie_rob_m

• Hall H
  • Liked: 337
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2014, 12:04:34 PM »

We are on the same page! after a huge price hike,  the fees were salt in the wound.  Will cringe when the 2015 price list gets released

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1601
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2014, 12:10:04 PM »
We are on the same page! after a huge price hike,  the fees were salt in the wound.  Will cringe when the 2015 price list gets released

Yeah, I never used to get parking and then a friend got me addicted to it and I have been a junkie ever since.  I don't think about the cost and just pay Ace their blood money.  I should send my friend a bill.   >:D

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 806
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2014, 01:52:19 PM »
There is option of parking at the Convention Center (which fills up fastest) but there are also surrounding lots. As stated you cannot park overnight and there are certain hours you cannot park so if you are line camping, you have to plan accordingly. You would still need your hotel parking unless you want to fight for street parking and move it x amount of times.

The Convention Center lot opens at 5am, and the other lots open at 6am at the earliest.  That is a bummer, especially if you buy passes in the same lot all week.  That kind of makes getting in line for big panels VERY problematic.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 5335
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2014, 02:50:37 PM »
Yeah, I never used to get parking and then a friend got me addicted to it and I have been a junkie ever since.  I don't think about the cost and just pay Ace their blood money.  I should send my friend a bill.   >:D

WHAAAATTTT?

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1856
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2014, 02:54:30 PM »

If I recall correctly, the parking fee was $4.95 per parking pass last time.   *sighs*  I distinctly remember having to pay $19.95 for $15.00 parking passes.

Q: Will the passes sold on-line include a fee?
A: Yes, a fee of $4.95 per pass, per day will be added at checkout.
(From ACE Parking's Comic-Con 2014 parking pass info page: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)

*Note to new forum members: Please do not confuse the link's information with any information related to Comic-Con 2015.  Again, it was for Comic-Con 2014.  Just checking to make sure you're aware!)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline justboogie

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 128
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2014, 01:14:00 PM »
For CC 2014, I bought parking through ace, but I needed to park elsewhere from 2am-6am since I was camping out in Hall H. A few members on here told me I'd be able to find street parking, which is free from 2am-6am. As I drove through gaslamp during the afternoon to get an idea of where to find street parking, there were many signs saying "permit parking only for residents", "no event parking", etc. So I guess the City of San Diego started catching on about con-goers getting free parking. Instead I just resorted to driving back to my hotel and using the shuttle to get back to the con. And because of this I refunded my ace parking. Bleh!

This was just my experience. Was anyone at all able to find free street parking from 2am-6am for CC 2014?
"I have three kids and no money. Why can't I have no kids and three money?"
-Homer Simpson

Offline thecherbear

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2014, 03:40:20 PM »
Yes! You can park right across the street from the convention center on the backside of Petco Park between the park and the train tracks. Then I just walked across the bridge back to my space in line. At least you could this year. I know at least one year they used it for the shuttles. But I've parked there for the last two years from 2-6 when camping Saturday night. It was just me and 2 other cars. Also this was Saturday night, I don't know what it was like Thursday or Friday night.