Author Topic: Hall H advice and tips  (Read 50227 times)

Offline Joel23d

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
Hall H advice and tips
« on: February 26, 2015, 02:06:01 PM »
Hi does anyone have any advice and tips on how to attend Hall H on Saturday? I got a ticket to Saturday it would be my first time going on Saturday and to Hall H ever. Does anyone know what time I should be in line for Hall H? I love in LA. I really want to go to the Marvel and Dc movie panels. Also is the wait worth it?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 04:15:27 PM by Zero »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 7494
Re: Hall H advice and tips
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 02:08:51 PM »
You may want to check out this thread from last eyar, Joel. It has a lot of the discussion you're looking for.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

No one can tell you whether or not it is 'worth it'. that is something you have to decide for yourself. Everyone is different and what might be worth it to some is not to another.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 10:09:38 PM »

Offline Joel23d

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 04:39:01 PM »
I haven't seen this question asked anywhere so far. But... What are the chances of me getting into Hall H on Saturday by myself? It's just me that is going in this year. How do I use the restroom in line or in the Hall H?

Offline Joel23d

• Sails Pavilion
Chances of getting into Hall H on Saturday by yourself.
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 04:59:15 PM »
what are the chances of me waiting in line to get into Hall H on Saturday by myself? I have one other person coming with me to Saturday of comic con 2015. But he is not interested in going to the panels with me on Saturday. He just wants to look around inside the convention. Would I need to make friends to hold a spot in line for me to use restroom? How does that work?

Offline Transmute Jun

Re: Chances of getting into Hall H on Saturday by yourself.
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 05:04:44 PM »
Generally you would make friends with the people in line around you. If you need to use the restroom, they should be willing to hold your spot, as long as your absence is brief.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1798
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 05:22:56 PM »
what are the chances of me waiting in line to get into Hall H on Saturday by myself? I have one other person coming with me to Saturday of comic con 2015. But he is not interested in going to the panels with me on Saturday. He just wants to look around inside the convention. Would I need to make friends to hold a spot in line for me to use restroom? How does that work?

Start by just making small talk with the people in line around you.  Ask them what panel they're interested in seeing and go from there.  It can be a little awkward at first, but it should get easier the longer you spend time in line (since you're all going to be there for a while, ha ha).  Establish a rapport with them, and they'll more likely offer to keep your spot in line while you go on a short food run or restroom break.

Hope that helps!

-------------------------------------------
Moved from the "General Discussion" to "Programming, Panels, and Lines" forum.

^__^d

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 05:24:17 PM »
Start by just making small talk with the people in line around you.  Ask them what panel they're interested in seeing and go from there.  It can be a little awkward at first, but it should get easier the longer you spend time in line (since you're all going to be there for a while, ha ha).  Establish a rapport with them, and they'll more likely offer to keep your spot in line while you go on a short food run or restroom break.

Zero has some good suggestions. Another thing you can do, if you're going on a food run, is offer to pick up something for the people around you.

Offline AlaskaRainbow

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 99
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 05:25:01 PM »
Ok, I know it wasn't on Sat when the big panels are but last year we completely lucked out and got in Hall H on Thurs for the DreamWorks panel.  We didn't wait in line at all - someone had tweeted a photo of a lot of empty seats in Hall H just before the panel was going to start so we took a chance and booked it there. We were on the Exhibit floor all the way down by the Gaming area but thought let's take a chance.  We got to Hall H and they were just begging people to come in - I thought it was a joke.  I felt like I had won the lottery!
Anyway, I'm guessing that will probably be my one and only time getting into Hall H but it was a great panel even though we were about halfway back.  They had Jim Parsons, John Malkovich and Benedict Cumberbatch (I know, right?!), they showed clips of the new Penguins of Madagascar movie as well as clips from Home (I think that's the name, Jim Parsons is the voice of an alien).  It was a surreal experience. 
So my Hall H tip is pay attention to the Twitters, you never know when you'll luck out at the last minute like we did!!

Offline Joel23d

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 05:35:22 PM »
Thank you all so much for the help. :). This is my first time attending comic con on Saturday and Hall H. And I'm kind of nervous lol

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 05:40:12 PM »
Moved this thread from the "General Discussion" to "Programming, Panels, and Lines."

I may merge this thread into the "Hall H: When do you need to be there?" thread (located here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) at some point.

Hi does anyone have any advice and tips on how to attend Hall H on Saturday? I got a ticket to Saturday it would be my first time going on Saturday and to Hall H ever. Does anyone know what time I should be in line for Hall H? I love in LA. I really want to go to the Marvel and Dc movie panels. Also is the wait worth it?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 05:42:14 PM »
Thank you all so much for the help. :). This is my first time attending comic con on Saturday and Hall H. And I'm kind of nervous lol

^__^d  You're welcome.

I'm going to merge this thread to the other Hall H thread you created, Joel, since the topics are fairly similar.  (It'll make it easier to read and search for answers later on when they're merged together.)

Offline SiddFinch

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 44
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 08:32:06 PM »
My two cents:

Don't ever share on the internet the time you plan to start lining up. People will be looking around for a consensus on when people get there and just line up before that time... so you're shooting yourself in the foot. Or maybe I'm paranoid  :P

As far as if it's worth it: I say absolutely. I've been to the con the past two years. 2013 I did Hall H Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. 2014 I was there Friday and Saturday. I'd rather wait in one extremely long line and then see non-stop cool stuff all day in panels, than wait in several lines all day long on the show floor itself.

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 531
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2015, 03:54:50 AM »
Agree with all of the above suggestions.  If you are arranging to hook up with friends for Hall H, do not post your arrangements anywhere in a public forum.  I do not think it's paranoia that people scour SDCC sites looking for clues as to when people will line up and then make sure to get there an hour or more earlier. 

Although, it has also gotten to the point where people are now arriving before CCI will even let you start a line and that is causing all sorts of new problems.  It's like watching a real life equivalent of thousands of people trying to hit a server at the same time and watching it crash.  In this case it's thousands of people trying to get to the head of a line at the same time and causing CCI rules to crash.  Watch twitter, as rules can change at a moments notice.

Offline sideproject

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 44
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2015, 08:31:54 AM »
Do all the "big" events happen in Hall H? This is my first time going to SDCC and while I don't feel like I HAVE to attend anything specific, there are things I'd like to sit in on if I can... but I don't want to spend my entire trip waiting in Hall H's line. 

So... Walking Dead, GoT, Dr. Who, probably all in Hall H?

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2015, 08:36:31 AM »
So... Walking Dead, GoT, Dr. Who, probably all in Hall H?

Yes. However there are also some big panels in Ballroom 20 and even 6BCDF. Cable channels like Adult Swim can take over the Indigo Ballroom for a day.  There are also large offsite events/exhibits.