Author Topic: parking  (Read 1482 times)

Offline korramom

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 1
parking
« on: June 27, 2015, 11:13:43 PM »
Is it possible to find parking downtown without a previous reservation?  If I plan to show up before 6 am say?

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: parking
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 11:16:24 PM »
Why risk it? There are still reserved spots available through Ace.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:26:51 AM »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 11:16:58 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Is it possible to find parking downtown without a previous reservation?  If I plan to show up before 6 am say?

Finding parking in Downtown can be difficult on certain days, especially if it's the weekdays (and people still have to go to work).  If you can purchase parking passes through Ace, I recommend going for it.

You might want to try reading through this thread for some tips as well:

Hope that helps!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline korramom

• Freebie Table
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 11:22:44 PM »
Ok, thanks for the quick responses.  I don't see much parking available on Ace - just the Padres Parkade most days.  Which on the one one hand looks good as it opens at 5 am.  On the other hand it also looks like a long walk from there to the convention center.  But maybe I should grab it anyway?

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 11:39:15 PM »
Ok, thanks for the quick responses.  I don't see much parking available on Ace - just the Padres Parkade most days.  Which on the one one hand looks good as it opens at 5 am.  On the other hand it also looks like a long walk from there to the convention center.  But maybe I should grab it anyway?

You could take the Orange Route (Comic-Con shuttle bus) to and from Padres Parkade.  The Padres Parkade is one of the stops on that route (which is serviced from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am).  It's #39.

Or, if you need to leave before 10:00 pm, you can take the Green Route from the convention center to Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp (#29 on the shuttle map).  That hotel is a few blocks from the Padres Parkade, so you could walk there from that location.

^__^d  Hope that helps!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 12:02:18 AM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline korramom

• Freebie Table
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 11:56:37 PM »
Great idea!!!  I didn't think of the shuttle buses in connection with parking :/.  The shuttle buses run 24 hours don't they?

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 11:59:27 PM »
Great idea!!!  I didn't think of the shuttle buses in connection with parking :/.  The shuttle buses run 24 hours don't they?

Most of the routes do, with the exception of the Orange Route, as I've mentioned in my previous post.  That one only runs from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am.

The Green Route does run 24 hours though.

The shuttle map includes the frequency of the routes as well.

Offline korramom

• Freebie Table
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2015, 12:08:57 AM »
Ok thanks again!!  I guess I was confused by the 10 pm to 6 am, my brain was processing it as 6 am to 10 pm but it still wasn't computing :/  The suggestion of walking over to the other route works for me too, as long as we aren't walking all the way to the convention center, I'm sold!!!  Thank you!

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2015, 12:11:10 AM »
Ok thanks again!!  I guess I was confused by the 10 pm to 6 am, my brain was processing it as 6 am to 10 pm but it still wasn't computing :/  The suggestion of walking over to the other route works for me too, as long as we aren't walking all the way to the convention center, I'm sold!!!  Thank you!

You're welcome!  The shuttle service is there for Comic-Con attendees, so we might as well take advantage of it.  Glad that I could help!  ^__^d

Offline AndrewPark7

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2015, 07:50:54 PM »
There are 24/7 lots within walking distance around the convention center.  And have always found parking in the middle of the night every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline NauticsONE

• Freebie Table
    • Ripped In Half Podcast
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2015, 03:20:19 AM »
Before I managed to book a room my plan was to use airport long term parking. I figured they didn't have to know I'm flying. I found this place on Kettner. It says $14 per, 24hrs.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2015, 04:29:30 AM »
long term airport parking is a good thing  :) if you can do without your car for the duration
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5