Author Topic: Star Wars Panel, 5:30-6:30 pm, Hall H  (Read 19679 times)

Offline FlamedLiquid

  • Gaming Lounge
  • ****
  • Join Date: Feb 2013
  • Posts: 423
  • Liked: 74
Re: Star Wars Panel in Hall H Friday
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2015, 01:59:20 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This may be a kooky idea, but what if they sold Hall H passes? Instead of buying a badge for that day, you could buy a Hall H pass, which would guarantee you entrance. They could sell 75% of the seats in Hall H this way, and leave the other 25% for ADA and 'walk-ins'. If you have a Hall H pass, you cannot buy a regular attendee pass, so no exhibit floor or other panels that day, just Hall H.

Just something off the top of my head. I'm sure it's not ideal... but could it work?

Maybe for next year. I think there would be to much outrage if they decided to announce it this close to comic con. That is an announcement that should be made before badge sales.

Offline Transmute Jun

  • Buying Group Coordinator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • *******
  • Join Date: Mar 2012
  • Posts: 21109
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 7378
Re: Star Wars Panel in Hall H Friday
« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2015, 02:05:48 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Maybe for next year. I think there would be to much outrage if they decided to announce it this close to comic con. That is an announcement that should be made before badge sales.

Oh yes, clearly. It would be incorporated into badge sales. Yes, you wouldn't know what would be in Hall H each day, but that's the same as not knowing what the programming will be for any other day at the time you buy badges.

Offline epicskyline

  • Gaming Lounge
  • ****
  • Join Date: Jun 2013
  • Posts: 300
  • Liked: 99
Re: Star Wars Panel in Hall H Friday
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2015, 02:31:30 PM »
Unless the tickets had a specific seat number, it wouldn't stop people from lining up early to get the best seats, though it would curtail much of the insanity.

Friends of Comic Cons

  • Guest
Re: Star Wars Panel, 5:30-6:30 pm, Hall H
« Reply #78 on: Today at 02:00:37 AM »

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

  • Fulfillment Room
  • *****
  • Join Date: Apr 2012
  • Posts: 1875
  • Liked: 485
Re: Star Wars Panel in Hall H Friday
« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2015, 03:05:31 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This may be a kooky idea, but what if they sold Hall H passes? Instead of buying a badge for that day, you could buy a Hall H pass, which would guarantee you entrance. They could sell 75% of the seats in Hall H this way, and leave the other 25% for ADA and 'walk-ins'. If you have a Hall H pass, you cannot buy a regular attendee pass, so no exhibit floor or other panels that day, just Hall H.

Just something off the top of my head. I'm sure it's not ideal... but could it work?

What about something similar to New York Comic Con with the Ultimate Access VIP tickets even though they cost twice as much as a four-day w/Preview Night badge?  They allow you to go ahead of the regular lines for panels.
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
NYCC 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
SDCC 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline Transmute Jun

  • Buying Group Coordinator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • *******
  • Join Date: Mar 2012
  • Posts: 21109
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 7378
Re: Star Wars Panel in Hall H Friday
« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2015, 03:37:40 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
What about something similar to New York Comic Con with the Ultimate Access VIP tickets even though they cost twice as much as a four-day w/Preview Night badge?  They allow you to go ahead of the regular lines for panels.

The problem with this is twofold.

1)  CCI does not want to sell VIP badges. It's the same reason they want to keep badge prices down. They want the con to be equally accessible to everyone.
2)  These badges would sell out in about 2 seconds, and then people would complain that they couldn't get them.

Quote
Unless the tickets had a specific seat number, it wouldn't stop people from lining up early to get the best seats, though it would curtail much of the insanity.

This is true, but it would significantly limit the *number* of people lining up. Many people do not care if they are in the front section(s), if it saves them hours of waiting in line. They just want to be in the room. I think this is the majority of Hall H attendees. If they knew they were guaranteed to be in the room, they would line up much later, and maybe not even camp overnight.

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

  • Fulfillment Room
  • *****
  • Join Date: Apr 2012
  • Posts: 1875
  • Liked: 485
Re: Star Wars Panel in Hall H Friday
« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2015, 04:05:00 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The problem with this is twofold.

1)  CCI does not want to sell VIP badges. It's the same reason they want to keep badge prices down. They want the con to be equally accessible to everyone.
2)  These badges would sell out in about 2 seconds, and then people would complain that they couldn't get them.

You have a point there!   :)  Yeah I guess people would go bananas if such an option were available to them.
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
NYCC 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
SDCC 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline mdla

  • Ballroom 20
  • ****
  • Join Date: Feb 2012
  • Posts: 515
  • Liked: 138
Re: Star Wars Panel in Hall H Friday
« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2015, 06:08:34 PM »
The best idea i've heard so far is the random starting point in line.  Maybe let the first 500 people line up (so the die-hards can't complain that they get their front row seats) and after that choose a random point in line that's where the line "starts."

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

  • Fulfillment Room
  • *****
  • Join Date: Apr 2012
  • Posts: 1875
  • Liked: 485
Re: Star Wars Panel in Hall H Friday
« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2015, 07:31:59 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The best idea i've heard so far is the random starting point in line.  Maybe let the first 500 people line up (so the die-hards can't complain that they get their front row seats) and after that choose a random point in line that's where the line "starts."

Something similar to that was done when I was in Phoenix in 2001 and was in line at the stadium box office to purchase tickets to the 2001 World Series between the Arizona Diamondbacks and the New York Yankees.  We were each given a numbered wristband.  If I remember correctly, I think it was something like 1 to 1,000.  Then a random number was drawn.  Whomever's number was drawn would be the first in line and would go up from there.  My number was roughly a hundred above the drawn number meaning I was the 100th person in line to buy tickets regardless of when I showed up or where in line I was when I first showed up before the wristbands were given out.  This was to give everybody a fair chance as opposed to the first-come first-served system.  All of the people who were at the front of the line were homeless people hired by scalpers to purchase tickets for the scalpers.  Obviously none of those people were there to see the game, there were just there for money and a meal ticket.  They were audibly laughing and gloating at us not foreseeing what was really going to happen.  They tried to screw us but in the end they got screwed.
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
NYCC 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
SDCC 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline RSilvaConFan

  • Gaming Lounge
  • ****
  • Join Date: Aug 2012
  • Posts: 251
  • Liked: 48
Re: Star Wars Panel in Hall H Friday
« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2015, 06:11:11 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This may be a kooky idea, but what if they sold Hall H passes? Instead of buying a badge for that day, you could buy a Hall H pass, which would guarantee you entrance. They could sell 75% of the seats in Hall H this way, and leave the other 25% for ADA and 'walk-ins'. If you have a Hall H pass, you cannot buy a regular attendee pass, so no exhibit floor or other panels that day, just Hall H.

Just something off the top of my head. I'm sure it's not ideal... but could it work?

The problem is although this might work for multi-day attendees that can spend Friday and/or Sat in Hall H all day and still go through the exhibit hall on the other days - those that are only able to attend on either Friday or Sat (one day attendees) would not be able to do Hall H and still get some exhibit floor time that same day.

Offline Violet

  • Gaming Lounge
  • ****
  • Join Date: Jul 2013
  • Posts: 321
  • Gender Biased Reviews www.gbreviews.com
    • Gender Biased Reviews
  • Liked: 116
Re: Star Wars Panel in Hall H Friday
« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2015, 02:38:29 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I agree. I think that Heroes Reborn will be the 3pm-4:15pm slot, just like when they did the pilot screening for Agents of SHIELD, that was given extra time for Q&A, also for a total of 1 hr 15 min (1:45pm - 3:00pm).

Well, looks like I was wrong! You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Heroes Reborn will fill that empty 1:45-2:45pm slot on Sunday in Hall H we were wondering about, and there will be no pilot screening. Boo.
We now have the complete Sunday Hall H schedule. How do you guys think that affects the line for Sunday? Before, I would have said you'd be able to just walk in all day. Do you think this changes things? 

Offline Violet

  • Gaming Lounge
  • ****
  • Join Date: Jul 2013
  • Posts: 321
  • Gender Biased Reviews www.gbreviews.com
    • Gender Biased Reviews
  • Liked: 116
Re: Star Wars Panel in Hall H Friday
« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2015, 02:47:03 PM »
Oh, also, now that we know The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead will be 12:00-2:00pm, we can get back to speculating about the timing of Star Wars in Hall H on Friday. I would guess that Since TWD has their traditional time slot, we can assume that Game of Thrones will have their traditional slot that follows TWD, so probably 2:15-3:15pm. It's still possible that Star Wars could be before TWD, though the timing is a little weird. It would probably be a one hour panel, so that would put it at 10:45-11:45am if it immediately preceded TWD. Sounds like an odd time for a first panel of the day. And usually the earliest panels will start is 10am. I guess they could do SW 10am-11am, then either do some sort of Sneak Peek 30 min panel like they did last year, or Trailer Park, that could go 11:15-11:45am. I really hope it's not later in the day...

Offline FlamedLiquid

  • Gaming Lounge
  • ****
  • Join Date: Feb 2013
  • Posts: 423
  • Liked: 74
Re: Star Wars Panel in Hall H Friday
« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2015, 03:02:23 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Oh, also, now that we know The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead will be 12:00-2:00pm, we can get back to speculating about the timing of Star Wars in Hall H on Friday. I would guess that Since TWD has their traditional time slot, we can assume that Game of Thrones will have their traditional slot that follows TWD, so probably 2:15-3:15pm. It's still possible that Star Wars could be before TWD, though the timing is a little weird. It would probably be a one hour panel, so that would put it at 10:45-11:45am if it immediately preceded TWD. Sounds like an odd time for a first panel of the day. And usually the earliest panels will start is 10am. I guess they could do SW 10am-11am, then either do some sort of Sneak Peek 30 min panel like they did last year, or Trailer Park, that could go 11:15-11:45am. I really hope it's not later in the day...

Star Wars should be either the first panel of the day or the panel before kevin smith if kevin is on Friday again this year which I'm assuming he is since WB is Saturday night. I am hoping it will be the first panel

Offline SiddFinch

  • Gaming Lounge
  • ****
  • Join Date: Feb 2013
  • Posts: 299
  • Liked: 44
Re: Star Wars Panel in Hall H Friday
« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2015, 06:31:14 PM »
I'm hoping it's before Game of Thrones. I haven't watched season 5 yet so I don't want spoilers aghhh

Offline FlamedLiquid

  • Gaming Lounge
  • ****
  • Join Date: Feb 2013
  • Posts: 423
  • Liked: 74
Re: Star Wars Panel in Hall H Friday
« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2015, 06:32:41 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm hoping it's before Game of Thrones. I haven't watched season 5 yet so I don't want spoilers aghhh

 you have 3 weeks to catch up. :p

Offline Transmute Jun

  • Buying Group Coordinator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • *******
  • Join Date: Mar 2012
  • Posts: 21109
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 7378
Re: Star Wars Panel in Hall H Friday
« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2015, 06:46:28 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm hoping it's before Game of Thrones. I haven't watched season 5 yet so I don't want spoilers aghhh

Just watch it now!!!