Author Topic: Saturday Hidden Gems  (Read 6410 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Saturday Hidden Gems
« on: June 27, 2015, 11:14:31 AM »
Post 'um!  i can't get through the sched till later & I'm having a fit!  ;)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 11:33:42 AM by Zero »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
Hidden Gems
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 11:18:36 AM »
Saturday, July 11

10:00am —  11:00am
Room 29AB
Land of the Lost Series Reunion

This year's Saturday morning cartoons Happy Hour takes a routine expedition down memory lane to Sid & Marty Krofft's live-action classic Land of the Lost. Moderator Corey Rothermel hosts the party as guests Wesley Eure (Will Marshall), Kathy Coleman (Holly Marshall), Phil Paley (Cha-Ka), and David Gerrold (writer/story editor) recount and reminisce about their time spent in the "original" Jurassic world. They will cover everything from Sleestaks to Selima, from Pylons to Pakuni. So if you're nostalgic for the Saturday morning programs of old or want to discover them for the very first time, meet up with this panel for the happiest hour at Comic-Con.

11:00am —  12:00pm
Room 29AB
Andre the Giant: The Man Behind the Legend

The beloved pro wrestler's daughter Robin Christensen joins the creative team of Lion Forge's authorized graphic novel biography includeing Brandon Easton (Andre the Giant: Closer to Heaven) and Shannon Eric Denton (senior editor, Lion Forge Comics) to discuss the real man known as the "Eighth Wonder of the World." Join this panel to reminisce about one of sports entertainment's most legendary figures. Surprise guests will be featured.

Saturday July 11, 2015 1:45pm - 2:45pm
Room 6A
Spotlight on Stan Lee

Comic-Con special guest Stan Lee discusses his past, present, and future projects, followed by a Q&A session.

5:00pm —  6:00pm
Spotlight on J. Michael Straczynski
Room 29AB

Born a small woodland creature, J. Michael Straczynski soon evolved into a marsupial life form that was bewitched by a passing elf into human form, conferring on him an Eisner, two Hugos, a British Academy Award nomination, and a career slamming words together for a living. Join him for a discussion of TV (including Sense8), movies, comics, and some surprising upcoming projects.

Saturday July 11, 2015 7:30pm - 8:30pm
Room 6BCF
An Hour with Adam Savage

Sure, Adam Savage is one of the stars of MythBusters, but he's so much more: maker, cosplayer, movie fan, and problem solver. He's not here to promote anything; he's here to enjoy Comic-Con, like you. And as part of that, he's opening himself up to fans for one hour, with no agenda; ask him anything.

Saturday July 11, 2015 8:00pm - 9:00pm
Room 23ABC
The Thrilling Adventure Hour: Evolved

The Thrilling Adventure Hour has come a long way from their monthly LA Largo show, which just ended a 10-year run. The stage show, in the style of old-time radio, has captured the attention of audiences across the globe with sold-out shows in San Francisco, Seattle, San Diego, New York, Chicago, Australia and New Zealand. With their hit Nerdist podcast, Eisner-nominated graphic novel, concert film, a new Image Comics series, an international tour and new comic adaptation shows, they're still at it. Moderated by co-creators Ben Acker and Ben Blacker and featuring The WorkJuice Players and special guests, you won't want to miss this chat.

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: Saturday Hidden Gems
« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:15:54 AM »

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
Re: Hidden gems?
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 11:19:01 AM »
I made one!

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
Re: Hidden gems?
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 11:26:17 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Post 'um!  i can't get through the sched till later & I'm having a fit!  ;)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I made one!

I'll just merge the threads together then... ^__^;
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
Re: Hidden Gems
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 12:10:45 PM »
11:00am — 12:00pm
Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Childhood's End
Syfy's upcoming miniseries based on the Arthur C. Clarke classic novel stars Charles Dance (Game of Thrones), Mike Vogel (Bates Motel), Julian McMahon (Nip/Tuck), Daisy Betts (Last Resort), and Yael Stone (Orange Is the New Black). The cast will be on hand, along with director Nick Hurran (Sherlock: His Last Vow) and screenwriter Matthew Graham (Doctor Who) to discuss how they brought the iconic novel to screen for the very first time.

12:00pm —  1:00pm
Room 23ABC
The Production Designer: Architect of Imagination
The production designer opens the script, reads, and dreams up the most perfect of all possible worlds in which to tell the tale, whether the story is set in the mythic past, the here and now, or any imaginable future. Then the designer must gather and lead the army of artists who, over months or years, in plaster or in pixels, will actually make the design real. Panelists include John Mott (12 Monkeys, The Americans), James Chinland (Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, The Legacy, Avengers), Darren Gilford (Star Wars Epside VII: The Force Awakens, Tron), Ed Verreaux (Jurassic World, Looper), Neil Spisak (Terminator Genisys, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), and Gregory Melton (Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., The Walking Dead). Moderated by John Muto (Species, Home Alone).
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 12:14:22 PM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline jimy

• Gaming Lounge
  • Attending SDCC since 1994
  • Liked: 91
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 12:14:36 PM »
All I can say is : Cha-Ka

That will be reliving a childhood memory

Saturday, July 11

10:00am —  11:00am
Room 29AB
Land of the Lost Series Reunion
This year's Saturday morning cartoons Happy Hour takes a routine expedition down memory lane to Sid & Marty Krofft's live-action classic Land of the Lost. Moderator Corey Rothermel hosts the party as guests Wesley Eure (Will Marshall), Kathy Coleman (Holly Marshall), Phil Paley (Cha-Ka), and David Gerrold (writer/story editor) recount and reminisce about their time spent in the "original" Jurassic world. They will cover everything from Sleestaks to Selima, from Pylons to Pakuni. So if you're nostalgic for the Saturday morning programs of old or want to discover them for the very first time, meet up with this panel for the happiest hour at Comic-Con.

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2015, 11:33:02 AM »
I second the Andre the Giant one. DH is a huge fan-I want to get him that graphic novel.

Sid & Marty Krofft: A Look at the Future, Present, and the Past
Saturday July 11, 2015 12:30pm - 1:30pm
Room 5AB

Cesar Millan joins Sid & Marty Krofft's panel as a guest moderator for this very exclusive event at Comic-Con. Brothers Sid & Marty Krofft have been producing quality family entertainment for over 40 years. They are currently producing a new series at Nickelodeon, Mutt & Stuff with Cesar Millan. They are also producing Sigmund and the Sea Monsters at Amazon Studios and Electra Woman and Dyna Girl at Legendary Pictures. The brothers became a household name in the'70s with a series of remarkable programs that featured elaborate sets and fanciful characters.
Ang

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2015, 11:34:06 AM »
Forum Housekeeping:
Added "Saturday" to the title.  ^__~
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline citizenmilton

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 75
Re: Saturday Hidden Gems
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2015, 09:30:53 AM »
This one sounds fun:

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Family Feud
Saturday, July 11 - 12:00pm - 1:00pm - Room 7AB

Who is the most popular Doctor Who companion? How about the worst place to Hulk out in? Authors Brandon Sanderson (The Stormlight Archive series), Patrick Rothfuss (the Kingkiller Chronicles series), Ernie Cline (Armada), Naomi Novik (Uprooted), Chuck Wending (Zer0es), Leigh Bardugo (The Grisha Trilogy), and Austin Grossman (Crooked) square off in an epic game of Family Feud, answering questions posed by Heath Corson (Nerdist) about the hottest topics in geek culture.