Author Topic: Random Chat  (Read 76328 times)

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2055
Re: Random Chat
« Reply #705 on: July 30, 2021, 07:25:34 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
After 15 months of serving as an emergency shelter, we are carefully reopening for meetings and events 8/1. Today, @SupNoraVargas, @CMRaulCampillo, @CMWhitburnD3 and Comic-Con's David Glanzer joined our staff, board & community partners to reopen our doors.

sdconventionctr After 15 months of serving as an emergency shelter, we’re carefully reopening for meetings & events this Sunday! Today, community partners and elected officials joined our board and staff to reopen our doors 🙌

Offline chocolateshake

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1016
« Reply #706 on: July 31, 2021, 01:48:33 PM »
Speaking of conventions in San Diego, comma_con is going on right now.  They are doing it both live and virtually.  Free to steam online and $99 if you want to go in person.  Other than the benefits of being there in person, the $99 gets you gets food and drink.  I think that's a good way to run a con going forward.  There's no reason not to cater to both audiences.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #707 on: Today at 03:39:56 AM »

Offline Michael M

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "Botany Bay...Botany Bay? Oh no..."
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1185
« Reply #707 on: August 21, 2021, 05:32:59 PM »
Watching the Phillies play the Padres at Petco Park...I miss San Diego and all y'all :(
"you're makin' - me - beat - up - grass!!"

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1571
« Reply #708 on: August 21, 2021, 08:03:17 PM »
Watching the Phillies play the Padres at Petco Park...I miss San Diego and all y'all :(

We walked by Petco before the game yesterday, it was nice being in SD and reminiscing about all our regular spots.  Also we saw Manny Machado on Coronado at a sushi place the day before that.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1159
« Reply #709 on: August 22, 2021, 05:31:11 PM »
Watching the Phillies beat the Padres this weekend at Petco Park...I miss The Padres playing good...  >:(

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 5701
« Reply #710 on: September 20, 2021, 10:05:28 AM »
TOO MUCH HAPPENING ALL AT ONCE
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 10:08:52 AM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1159
« Reply #711 on: September 20, 2021, 11:46:11 AM »
TOO MUCH HAPPENING ALL AT ONCE

It is odd how excited I am about SDCC SE badge sales tomorrow.  Even though I logically know this will be a small Con, and that securing badges _probably_ won't be as stressful as SDCCI (note: as a Pro it shouldn't really be that stressful for me at all).  But I'm still hyped for that invigorating rush of logging in/waiting to be a "chosen cheerio"/securing badges for the fam & friends.  I haven't gone through this rush/"thrill of the hunt" since late summer/early fall 2019 and I'm legit excited to get back into this brand of crazy again!!

*addendum*
I just logged into my CCI Account, and clicked the link for Badge Registration and got _really_ excited for a minute when it looked like it was taking me into sales.  I got a 'waiting room' type of thing, and then almost immediately was told I'd be moved into the buying room.  I was all "wait; is there a glitch in this matrix?!" before being taken to the "sales aren't live yet dummy"-esque page that I presume will be 'live' tomorrow at this time  :P

I miss this silliness... ;)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 11:49:24 AM by perc2100 »