Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion  (Read 96614 times)

Offline puppy

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 79
Re: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion
« Reply #2910 on: July 27, 2019, 12:51:45 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I did it too, but it wasn’t a pleasant walk carrying 3 jugs of water and a bag of necessities.

I try not to do major shopping while on vacation.  Most of it is limited to a few snacks.  So, my need for a store is not a great as yours.  I just needed some toiletries--ones provided by our hotel for free but were not available because of the hour of the morning I needed to be ready by.

Offline Darth_Primus

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 119
« Reply #2911 on: August 01, 2019, 11:46:34 AM »
I did it too, but it wasn’t a pleasant walk carrying 3 jugs of water and a bag of necessities.

I stayed at the Manchester Grand Hyatt this year for the first time thanks to a fellow FOCC and I also made that round trip walk from Ralph's to the hotel.   The round trip includes a case of 32 bottles of water and other groceries.   But it wasn't bad because I didn't carry that case of water.   I brought with me to Ralph's my empty carry-on suitcase. I loaded that case of water bottles and whatever else could fit into my carry-on and just rolled it back to the hotel room.   I didn't notice any weird looks from anyone, not that it would bother me if anyone did. 

Offline ozzz

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 178
« Reply #2912 on: August 01, 2019, 02:53:06 PM »
I stayed at the Manchester Grand Hyatt this year for the first time thanks to a fellow FOCC and I also made that round trip walk from Ralph's to the hotel.   The round trip includes a case of 32 bottles of water and other groceries.   But it wasn't bad because I didn't carry that case of water.   I brought with me to Ralph's my empty carry-on suitcase. I loaded that case of water bottles and whatever else could fit into my carry-on and just rolled it back to the hotel room.   I didn't notice any weird looks from anyone, not that it would bother me if anyone did.

but did you eat at sallys??? :D

Offline hikanteki

• Hall H
  • Liked: 379
« Reply #2913 on: August 01, 2019, 05:21:32 PM »

Thanks for the tip -- this is a great idea. I'll try that next time. I wouldn't mind weird looks for carrying a suitcase either.

I was looking forward to since I had read reviews as recently as a month ago saying appetizers were half off during Happy Hour, and some of them looked really good. But when I got there they told me they cancelled their Happy Hour. They said that it wasn't necessarily due to SDCC, they are just changing some things around. Oh well.
SDCC 2007, 2012-2014, 2016-2019 | ECCC 2012-2019 | WC 2010-2011, 2016, 2019 | RCCC 2015 | SVCC 2016-2019 | DCC 2016 | SLCC 2019 | SWC 2015 | Fanime 2010-2019

Offline ozzz

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 178
« Reply #2914 on: August 02, 2019, 09:31:34 AM »
I was looking forward to since I had read reviews as recently as a month ago saying appetizers were half off during Happy Hour, and some of them looked really good. But when I got there they told me they cancelled their Happy Hour. They said that it wasn't necessarily due to SDCC, they are just changing some things around. Oh well.
[/quote]

Yeah I spent 35 bucks on a burger with fries and a beer but it was really good!

Offline Darth_Primus

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 119
« Reply #2915 on: August 02, 2019, 12:29:49 PM »
Nah, it looked expensive.   I just took advantage of the MGH's offering of their popup snack stand next to the hotel registration desk.  I'd pick up a hot dog and pizza for lunch and take about an hour break from the con.  At the same time I get to charge my phone.