Author Topic: Star Trek Beyond **** Spoilers***  (Read 2296 times)

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
Star Trek Beyond **** Spoilers***
« on: June 25, 2016, 07:26:17 PM »
Star Trek Beyond spoilers that spoil where no spoiler has spoiled before spoil here.  :P

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
Re: Star Trek Beyond **** Spoilers***
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 10:07:58 PM »
To the music of:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 05:44:48 PM »

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 10:16:30 AM »
Rihanna Unleashes Her Cosmic Video for 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 06:17:18 AM »
George Takei Reacts to Gay Sulu News: "I Think It's Really Unfortunate"

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 07:01:36 AM »
George Takei Reacts to Gay Sulu News: "I Think It's Really Unfortunate"

What George says makes a lot of sense, both from a timeline and a Rodenberry history perspective.

Offline kohyuta

• Ballroom 20
  • Be water, my friend.
    • World Gone Geek
  • Liked: 226
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 08:18:35 AM »
I do appreciate both sides of this debate, as George and Simon have good intentions, but I must admit I like Simon's take of "we're all LBGT in some universe." I was lukewarm to this movie when it was announced, but I'm finding myself more compelled to see it. Must be getting close to SDCC , where I love everything :)
-----
Be Water, My Friend

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 09:06:13 PM »
My review is up on the Blog site is up along with a recap of the SDCC Trek event.

I have seen the movie twice already and I really enjoyed it. I would recommend it.
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2016, 06:00:46 AM »
This time the crew of the USS Enterprise encounter a ruthless enemy who wants to eradicate them and their world in order to return to a better time.
Normally by the time a franchise hits part three it does away with some of the budget and replaces it with cheaper looking action set pieces and lots more comedy. Well there is more comedy in Star Trek Beyond, and that’s one of its winning hands, but it’s pleasing to say they haven’t scrimp on the production because it looks fantastic. If you are going to see it then see it on the biggest screen possible because it will blow your mind how amazing it looks. They twist the camera this way then that way and it makes you feel a bit queasy. But that’s what being in space is all about and I think watching this is about the closest most of us will get.
The main storyline is simple bad guy vs the enterprise crew. It’s been done before and yet it still feels quite fresh here. It’s fun and engaging and a little bit scary. Britain’s own Idris Elba plays the bad guy and does a damn fine job of it. You know what you are getting when he plays a bad guy. However, the best part of the film is reserved for the small crew of the Enterprise because they are ripped apart from each other and have to try and survive on their own alongside finding their way back to the others. They have scaled this element of the film down so it feels like the core group really are without hope and yet because they are members of the USS Enterprise they can get through anything. It all culminates in a reunion where they have to use their original training to man a very old ship in order to fight the enemy. The last thirty minutes are jam packed with action and gadgets and jokes and just a great sense of camaraderie.
Also it’s nice to see the focus of the film switch to a couple of the other characters, Bones and Chekov are the standouts and there is a cracking performance from Sofia Boutella as Jayla, a big time female action hero.
After Ghostbusters last week and Star Trek Beyond this week, it feels like we finally have summer blockbusters. Star Trek Beyond ticks all the right boxes for a hugely enjoyable Sc-Fi actioner.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2016, 04:52:59 AM »
dvd release date Nov 1

digital release Oct 4th

bonus content for the blue ray/digital/3D version includes;

Blu-ray

Feature film in high definition
Bonus Content:
o   Deleted Scenes — Go Beyond the final cut of the movie with scenes you didn’t see in theaters.

o   Beyond the Darkness — Meet visionary producer J.J. Abrams, director Justin Lin and co-writers Simon Pegg and Doug Jung as they discuss the inspiration for theStar Trek Beyond storyline and how it came to life.

o   Enterprise Takedown — Experience edge-of-your-seat action and see how a shocking attack destroys the USS Enterprise.

o   Divided and Conquered — Learn how filmmakers pushed the boundaries in Star Trek Beyond by forcing the Enterprise crew into their most challenging situations yet.

o   A Warped Sense of Revenge — Meet Star Trek‘s newest villain, Krall, as actor Idris Elba reveals the backstory behind his character’s terrifying ambitions.

o   Trekking in the Desert — Go on set to Dubai and discover how its futuristic architecture became the foundation for the most innovative Starbase yet.

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2016, 05:52:40 AM »
Nov 1st?! Damn. We have to wait until end of December in the UK.
However they are doing a very limited boxset with a diecast replica of the enterprise. Very tempted to wait for that.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2016, 08:28:48 AM »
I pre-ordered the BluRay from Amazon a month ago!