Author Topic: Comic-Con Museum, Center for Popular Culture  (Read 22049 times)

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 748
Re: Comic-Con Museum, Center for Popular Culture
« Reply #195 on: February 13, 2020, 07:44:39 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I haven't gotten email about this. It's been up on eventbrite and says it's free for charter members and $5 for general admission. Since it mentions a promo code I take it that charter members should have gotten an email with a promo code. Did people get an email about this?
Comic-Con Museum Charter Members seemed to have gotten an e-mail.  I got one, though when I logged in yesterday am before 8 the GET OUT free passes were already 'sold out' (though you could still purchase the $5 tix).  I got tix for the event next week and look forward to going with my kids

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 5134
« Reply #196 on: February 13, 2020, 07:49:21 AM »
Comic-Con Museum Charter Members seemed to have gotten an e-mail.  I got one, though when I logged in yesterday am before 8 the GET OUT free passes were already 'sold out' (though you could still purchase the $5 tix).  I got tix for the event next week and look forward to going with my kids
i'm overly annoyed i won't be able to attend the WC art opening....
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #197 on: Today at 10:55:24 AM »

Offline chocolateshake

• Hall H
  • Liked: 491
« Reply #197 on: February 13, 2020, 11:46:29 AM »
Nevermind.  It turns out they did send me an email.  My email program just didn't download it.  I went to my CCM account and clicked on the last email that I got, from 1/30.  When I did it downloaded 3 more emails from CCM. One of which is the invite for this event.  Stupid email program.

I think it's a good idea that they are charging for general admission. It should cut down on the number of no shows as well as allow people that will really attend to do so. If it was free it would be sold out by now since people would sign up just because it was free. By charging a small amount only people that are serious about showing up will do so now. People that would have attended previous events didn't simply because it was sold out even though at the event there are so many no shows.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 11:59:20 AM by chocolateshake »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 5134
« Reply #198 on: February 13, 2020, 01:07:05 PM »
If there's something I want to attend, I go stand by. I haven't been disappointed yet ;)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 748
« Reply #199 on: February 14, 2020, 10:07:51 AM »
Nevermind.  It turns out they did send me an email.  My email program just didn't download it.  I went to my CCM account and clicked on the last email that I got, from 1/30.  When I did it downloaded 3 more emails from CCM. One of which is the invite for this event.  Stupid email program.

I think it's a good idea that they are charging for general admission. It should cut down on the number of no shows as well as allow people that will really attend to do so. If it was free it would be sold out by now since people would sign up just because it was free. By charging a small amount only people that are serious about showing up will do so now. People that would have attended previous events didn't simply because it was sold out even though at the event there are so many no shows.
To add, as a Member seeing the free option is already 'sold out' for GET OUT, I can still pay the relatively cheap admission price and see it anyway!