Author Topic: WB bags  (Read 12198 times)

Offline joyful_314

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 82
WB bags
« on: July 09, 2012, 11:12:06 AM »
So I just saw that the WB finally released what their bags r going to be this year and I saw somewhere on a thread the trick on how to get the bg u want by roaming the tables first? Does this seem right? Can someone either link me to the thread or give me an idea on how to score the bag I want?

Offline kappolo

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 9
Re: WB bags
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 11:16:49 AM »
It's all about luck, you get the bag they give you. If you see the bag you want near the person handing out the bag, you can ask for it. If not just hang out outside and ask people for exchange

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 07:32:45 AM »

Offline MegaDoug

• Gaming Lounge
  • Comic Con, where all are accepted as they are
    • my music, my love
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 11:18:51 AM »
some of the tables will have bags folded so you can't see the bags, but others will be folded so you can see what they are. Last year about 3:30pm on Sunday, they were handing out leftover bags to whoever was around so thats another way to try to get the one you want. You can't really ask for a specific bag at the table, the volunteers just need to keep passing stuff out to keep the flow going.
"while in my gut the creature writhes and snarls and tells me what I need"

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 11:21:09 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So I just saw that the WB finally released what their bags r going to be this year and I saw somewhere on a thread the trick on how to get the bg u want by roaming the tables first? Does this seem right? Can someone either link me to the thread or give me an idea on how to score the bag I want?

If you don't get the one you want, politely offer to trade with someone who has the bag you want.  People are surprisingly open to trades.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 11:44:28 AM by Chris Chen »

Offline shuhbonkboo

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 11:53:41 AM »

Last year my gf and I both got Batman bags on Wednesday.  I was fine with it but she preferred the Vampire Diaries bag.  We really only needed one each day so I left the other at the hotel until Sunday.  Brought both on Sunday and it only took a few hours until I saw a guy carrying around the Vampire Diaries one.  He said his gf wasn't into the show so we just exchanged.

Summary: Just go up to people and ask to exchange.  You're bound to find someone willing to trade easily.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 11:57:12 AM »
Summary: Just go up to people and ask to exchange.  You're bound to find someone willing to trade easily.

Amen.  Also remember to make sure both bags are completely empty before exchanging so that you don't lose/steal anything.

Offline joyful_314

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 82
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 12:54:07 PM »
Ok cool. I'm mostly looking to just get the normal sdccf bag.. not really a fan of the shows they are offering except maybe big bang theory so ill just ask n ask lol but politely of course. Thanks for the info. I had thought different tables had different bags but it seems ill jut go with the flow. Can't wait to leave tomorrow night!

Offline kappolo

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 01:06:23 PM »
As long as I don't get Vampire Diary I'm fine :)

Offline outphase

• Exhibit Hall
    • Law Bomb
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 01:26:04 PM »
Ok cool. I'm mostly looking to just get the normal sdccf bag.. not really a fan of the shows they are offering except maybe big bang theory so ill just ask n ask lol but politely of course. Thanks for the info. I had thought different tables had different bags but it seems ill jut go with the flow. Can't wait to leave tomorrow night!

Which one do you consider the "normal" one? Because they all have that yellow superhero one on the other side.

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 01:52:28 PM »
As long as I don't get Vampire Diary I'm fine :)
DH and I both got Vampire Diaries last year. :( We tried to go to different tables, but were herded to the same one. Maybe we will at least get two different ones this year. I have bad luck with the bags. The first year, we both got Clash of the Titans (nobody wanted it where we were). I bought the Chuck one online later.
Ang

Offline kappolo

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2012, 01:56:23 PM »
DH and I both got Vampire Diaries last year. :( We tried to go to different tables, but were herded to the same one. Maybe we will at least get two different ones this year. I have bad luck with the bags. The first year, we both got Clash of the Titans (nobody wanted it where we were). I bought the Chuck one online later.
if i get Vampire Diaries I will use some duct tape + free poster to cover it up :D

Offline BustAGroove

• Exhibit Hall
  • Nerd Gurl In Search Of A Peaceful Soul
    • FaceBook
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2012, 04:47:46 PM »
OK, I'm putting this out there that I'm looking to trade a WB bag for a Fringe bag. 
Geek Out - Comic-Con Madness (Pinterest)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9661
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2012, 05:22:01 PM »
OK, I'm putting this out there that I'm looking to trade a WB bag for a Fringe bag.

I thought they were all WB bags, including Fringe?

Offline free agent

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2012, 05:44:23 PM »
I went to the Town and Country last year and you could go to whatever table you wanted and grab your bag. I chose Arkham city bc I already had a Supernatural one from another year. This year I'm just angling for that DC Nation one or maybe Man of Steel.

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2012, 07:30:42 PM »
I went to the Town and Country last year and you could go to whatever table you wanted and grab your bag. I chose Arkham city bc I already had a Supernatural one from another year. This year I'm just angling for that DC Nation one or maybe Man of Steel.
I was at Town & Country too, but we weren't allowed to pick. We were pretty close to the front. Maybe they relaxed after a while.
Ang