Author Topic: SDCC 2018 Room Sharing Thread  (Read 15630 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 6995
SDCC 2018 Room Sharing Thread
« on: November 08, 2017, 07:01:42 AM »
from [member=317]Zero[/member] '17 post;

Kindly follow this format.

Please don't post anywhere else on this site trying to get a roommate for San Diego Comic-Con.  ONLY POST HERE! 

Please post only ONCE in this thread (to be considerate of your fellow forum members and to avoid spamming the thread). 

Duplicate posts will be deleted without notice.  You have been warned.

Please note that this thread is for finding roommates for ROOM SHARING ONLY.

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS THREAD FOR DISCUSSION.  PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS THREAD FOR HOTEL EXCHANGES OR OFFERS. 

In an effort to keep things organized and easy to read through, this is for room sharing requests only

Conversations in this thread may be deleted without warning.

Please edit/modify your post if the spaces in your room have been taken.
This is so that people can see which rooms are available and which aren't. 

You can also use the strike-through feature to indicate that your request is closed: [ s]text goes here[/ s]     
Remove the spaces, so it will look like this ==> text goes here

Please note that this thread is for finding roommates for ROOM SHARING ONLY.

This thread is NOT intended for making hotel requests.  It does not replace the hotel exchange in any way, shape, or form.  Please do not post here if you are looking to trade a hotel reservation or get a hotel reservation giveaway.

If you post in this thread, please be aware that this means you are saying that you WANT roommates at whatever hotel you end up with.  Provide details about yourself.  Include the description and preferences!

If you post in this thread, this means that you agree to have other forum members contact you via PM for the possibility of sharing a room together at Comic-Con 2016.

We're doing our best to help keep the forums organized for reading and discussing, but we need your help to do this.

Thank you for your understanding!

IDENTIFY THE TYPE OF REQUEST (Select one):
LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE (I want to share a room with someone.)
(or) 
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES (I already booked a room and need roommates.)

Name: (This is optional; you can use your forum username instead)
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: (What is your preferred hotel or area to stay in?)
Days: (Include which days.)
Price Per Night: (For those looking for roommates, YOU NEED TO BE UPFRONT ABOUT THE PRICE IN YOUR POST.  If you want to room share, what is your price range?)
Smoking/Drinking: (Yes or No)
Spaces: (If you're looking for a room share, how many people do you want to be in your room?  If you're looking for roommates, how many spaces are available in your room?  Don't forget to include yourself.)

Preferences and Description:
Age Preference of Roommates:
Gender Preference of Roommates: (Type in "all-male," "all-female," or "co-ed.")
Include a brief description about yourself: (Ex: I am a cosplayer, so I have props and other cosplay items that will take up a portion of the room.  I'm a morning person, so I like to wake up early to get ready for the day.  I prefer non-smoking roommates.)
Additional preferences for roommates: (Ex: I prefer someone who is organized and clean.)

NOTE: Do not add your phone number to your post.  To protect our forum members from potential phone scams, phone numbers will be removed without notice.

DISCLAIMER:
The forum administrators and moderators do not vet individuals that post here!  This thread was created with the intention to provide a designated venue that allows interested individuals to initiate contact with each other for the possibility of sharing a hotel room at San Diego Comic-Con.

Please use your best personal judgement and common sense, and as always, please proceed with caution when arranging any agreements (especially with strangers).  Discuss payment details and rooming expectations thoroughly.

Just a quick word about condo shares:

If you book the condo for a good price, you will find people to share the cost. 
Make sure you understand the *total cost.*  This includes taxes and cleaning fees.

You can create a post for condo sharing using the same format as above, but just type "CONDO RENTAL" or "LOOKING FOR CONDO ROOMMATES" at the top, instead of "looking for a room" or "looking for a roommate."  Replace any sections as necessary to describe the condo and explain the pricing costs.

HOW TO CONTACT SOMEONE FOR ROOM SHARES OR ROOMMATES
1. Go to the person's post in this thread.
2. Under the profile photo (or avatar), click on the icon that looks like this:
3. Fill out the "Subject" box with "Comic-Con Room Sharing."
4. Type in your message to the other person.  Don't forget to discuss details about the room share thoroughly before making agreements!

HOW TO EDIT YOUR POST ON THE FORUMS
1. Click on "Modify" at the top right corner area of your post.
2. Alternatively, you can click on the little paper and pencil icon on the bottom right area of your post.
3. Edit the text as necessary.
4. Click "Save."
5. That's it!  You have successfully edited your post.

(This method works for any of your posts on the forums. ^__~)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 11:18:40 PM by Zero »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline EternalZan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 108
Re: SDCC Roommate 2018
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 08:30:56 AM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE (I want to share a downtown room with someone.)

Update 4-28-2018. Still looking.
Update 4-9-2018. My goal is to stay as close to the convention center as possible. I am looking to either become a roommate in someone's downtown room or take over someone else's reservation, I'm equally open to both options. I want to Marriott Marquis San Diego, Hilton San Diego Bayfront, Manchester Grand Hyatt, Hard Rock Hotel, Omni San Diego, or any other hotel that is close to the convention center.

Update 4-4-2018. I participated in the hotelpocalypse today and got access to the form at 9:01:06 PST. I requested 6 downtown hotels and 6 non-downtown hotels. If I get a hotel I'll be looking for fellow female roommates ASAP. I'm hoping for a room as close to the convention center as possible.
---

Name: Zan Bowden (rhymes with "Fan Snowed-in")
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Downtown area preferred. I want to stay as close to the convention center as possible. Marriott Marquis San Diego, Hilton San Diego Bayfront, Manchester Grand Hyatt, Hard Rock Hotel, Omni San Diego, or any other hotel that is close to the convention center.
Days: Minimum of Wednesday, July 18, 2018 to to checkout on the morning of Monday, July 23, 2018. If more days are available on both ends then I am happy to extend my stay.
Price Per Night: Negotiable. Looking for around $100 per night but I'm flexible based on the location of the hotel and number of roommates. Please contact me to discuss your price range.
Smoking/Drinking: Non-smoker, light drinker.
Spaces: I am looking for guaranteed bed space, not an air mattress or rollaway bed.

Age Preference of Roommates: None
Gender Preference of Roommates: All-female or co-ed.

Include a brief description about yourself: Female, non-smoker, longtime convention attendee and volunteer. For SDCC I am looking to join an existing room as a roommate. I will be flying in and traveling light. For other conventions I am a reservation-holder/room host who gets roommates for multiple events every year, mostly in Florida cities such as Tampa, Orlando, and Jacksonville so feel free to contact me about any convention you may attend in those cities. I go to Dragon Con in Atlanta, GA every year and have a legacy room, for 2018 I have space in my all-female room at the sold-out Marriott Marquis. For Dragon Con, the Marriott Marquis is the most centrally located hotel and the hardest to get, I have a room there with two double beds and bed space is guaranteed. It would be fun to room with some of the same people for both SDCC and DC.

Additional preferences for roommates: Non-smoking room. I am looking for a sanctuary room, not a party room. I will enjoy the nightlife outside and would like to come back to a quiet environment for sleeping. Please contact me and I am happy to answer any questions you have.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 08:36:00 AM by EternalZan »
- Eternal Zan (rhymes with "fan")
Florida, EST time zone.
-----

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: SDCC 2018 Room Sharing Thread
« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:29:47 AM »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 02:31:42 AM »
A quick reminder:

For any questions related to this thread or posting a request in this thread, please direct them to me (not [member=1]alyssa[/member]), as I usually assist and field questions regarding this.

As usual, please use PMs to communicate with potential roommates, as conversations in this thread will be deleted without notice, as warned in the first post.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 02:47:09 AM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 12:43:48 PM »
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING:

Reminder to kindly follow the format outlined in the first post of this thread:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
IDENTIFY THE TYPE OF REQUEST (Select one):
(or) 

Name: (This is optional; you can use your forum username instead)
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: (What is your preferred hotel or area to stay in?)
Days: (Include which days.)
Price Per Night: (For those looking for roommates, YOU NEED TO BE UPFRONT ABOUT THE PRICE IN YOUR POST.  If you want to room share, what is your price range?)
Smoking/Drinking: (Yes or No)
Spaces: (If you're looking for a room share, how many people do you want to be in your room?  If you're looking for roommates, how many spaces are available in your room?  Don't forget to include yourself.)

Age Preference of Roommates:
Gender Preference of Roommates: (Type in "all-male," "all-female," or "co-ed.")
Include a brief description about yourself: (Ex: I am a cosplayer, so I have props and other cosplay items that will take up a portion of the room.  I'm a morning person, so I like to wake up early to get ready for the day.  I prefer non-smoking roommates.)
Additional preferences for roommates: (Ex: I prefer someone who is organized and clean.)

NOTE: Do not add your phone number to your post.  To protect our forum members from potential phone scams, phone numbers will be removed without notice.

Click here to read the rules in their entirety: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Posts that do not follow this format will be removed. Thank you.

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 03:48:48 PM »
Moderator’s Note:

Discussion is not allowed in this thread. Posts that do not follow the format outlined in the first post will be deleted. Thanks for your cooperation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline AndrewNDB

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 02:41:20 PM »

Name: Andrew & Jeremy (ages 35 & 40)
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: The closer to the convention, the better.
Days: Arriving Wednesday, 7/18, need to check out/depart on Sunday, 7/22
Price Per Night: Flexible (ideally, say, $80-$100 per night for the both of us?)
Smoking/Drinking: Flexible
Spaces: There are two of us including myself, looking for any kind of space. We're not picky. Floor space is fine. As long as there will be access to a shower in the morning we're great.

Age Preference of Roommates: Doesn't matter.
Gender Preference of Roommates: (Type in "all-male," "all-female," or "co-ed.") Any
Include a brief description about yourself: I'm a filmmaker that lives in Seattle, he's a schoolteacher that lives in New Mexico. We meet up every SDCCC but this year we never bothered to figure out housing until now. Up until now it was great, as his brother had a house just outside of San Diego. Sadly, he moved away.
Additional preferences for roommates: No preference. Spot to sleep? Shower in morning? We're happy. Probably no one into any heavy drugs, though I don't mind people who smoke weed.

Offline ebrown2112

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2018, 03:23:03 PM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE

Name: Erik
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Gaslamp preferred, as close to the Convention Center as possible
Days: Wednesday-Monday
Price Per Night: Flexible ($80-125 per night per person is ideal)
Smoking/Drinking: Neither (I don't mind if other people drink)
Spaces: Doesn't matter to me. I basically need a place to shower and keep my stuff. I probably won't be sleeping there more than three nights anyway, as I usually camp out at least once per Con.

Age Preference of Roommates: Doesn't matter
Gender Preference of Roommates: Any
Include a brief description about yourself: This will be my eighth straight SDCC. I don't buy a lot of merch, so hopefully I won't clutter up the place too much. Friendly guy. If you're camping out for Hall H, I can be a line holder (depending on the schedule, of course). I don't mind holding spaces for long periods (within reason, of course).
Additional preferences for roommates: As long as I have a space for my stuff, a shower, and somewhere to sleep (even a cot), I'll be fine. I'm a bit of a night owl. No axe murderers, please.

Offline xeorge710

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 03:37:46 PM »

Name: Jorge
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: I don´t care as long as it is accesible to arrive at convention center
Days: Wednesday - Monday
Price Per Night: Hopefully something between 40-50 per night
Smoking/Drinking: I do smoke and drink but I can adapt to the circummstances
Spaces: Max 4 as long is not too crowded and I have a bed or bed to share

Age Preference of Roommates: preferably 25-45
Gender Preference of Roommates: All-male
Include a brief description about yourself: I´ts my first time going to sdcc, I´m going as press and they notify a little late that I can go, and since it caught me by surprise I´m on a budget thats why I´m looking to share a room. I´m from Mexico, 32 years old, gay. I´m a fun friendly guy, looking to make some friends and have some fun, enjoy the experience.
Additional preferences for roommates: Looking for fun, friendly people, peferably gay to feel a little more comfortable.

Offline parallelocam

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2018, 09:04:42 AM »

Name: Monique
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Close to convention center.
Days: Thursday-Sunday
Price Per Night: Around 50-70 per night
Smoking/Drinking: No smoking, drinking okay.
Spaces: Up to 4 people, I am also fine with sharing a bed.

Age Preference of Roommates: preferably 18-35
Gender Preference of Roommates: No preference.
Include a brief description about yourself: This would be my 4th time attending SDCC and love to meet new people. Very awkward at first.
Additional preferences for roommates: Looking for fun, friendly people. :)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 09:47:26 AM by parallelocam »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2018, 11:49:56 AM »
Especially in light of the hotel lottery results coming up next week, as a reminder, this thread is for putting up a request to find roommates for ROOM SHARING ONLY.

Please do not use this thread for discussion on hotels, and please do not ask about the hotel exchange here. 
(The main hotel discussion thread is located at the following: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)

In an effort to keep things organized and easy to read through, conversations in this thread may be deleted without warning.

If you're interested in our forum's hotel exchange, please note that, at this time, the exchange will only be available to forum members (with an actual account created on or prior to April 7th, 2018).  The hotel exchange threads will open up sometime next week after the "round 1" hotel lottery results have been sent out by onPeak.  More details are to follow, so please stay tuned!  We appreciate your understanding and patience.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 09:52:38 PM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline thawk

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 124
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2018, 06:56:15 PM »

Roomates found.  Good Luck everyone!

« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 10:05:06 AM by thawk »
nana nana nana nana BATMAN...!

Offline cramos793

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2018, 10:37:06 PM »
Looking For A Room Share

Name: Chris Ramos Age(25)
Hotel Area/ Name Of Hotel: Downtown (HardRock, Omni)
Days: Wednesday-Monday (Can Do Sooner)
Price: Open
Smoking: No Drinking: Yes
Space: 4 including myself. Very flexible.
Age Preference: 20’s to 40’s I honestly get along with most everybody regardless of age.
Brief Description: I’m a cosplayer coming from Texas! This is my first year so I want to get the full con experience hence why I want to be downtown where all the people are at ha my bags will be packed right and I keep my area/space clean and out of the way. I do want to try to attend the after parties so I would be coming late at times but will not be belligerent. Longish description I know but if there is more to ask I’m an open book!

Offline pyxidis

• Exhibit Hall
  • If anyone asks, say it fell from the sky.
  • Liked: 25
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2018, 08:59:17 AM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE

Names: Cynthia & Christina
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Hoping for the Hilton SD Gas Lamp, Omni, or Hard Rock. Any Gas Lamp hotel is good too.
Days: Wed through Sunday, maybe Monday depending on the cost.
Price Per Night: 50-100 per person
Smoking/Drinking: Non-smoking room, light social drinking
Spaces: I'm looking for 2 spaces in a room of 4.

Age Preference of Roommates: Any
Gender Preference of Roommates: Any
Include a brief description about yourself: I've been attending SDCC for over a decade and WC since its move to Anaheim. My friend has also attended SDCC off and on since 2007. We are science fiction, fantasy, and horror fans in all formats.
Additional preferences for roommates: Easy going, clean, & organized. We're hoping the room will be a relaxing, quiet place to rest and sleep. Partying and the chaos of the con kept outside. We'll be up early and will probably go out at night.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 07:32:07 AM by pyxidis »
"We know a little about a lot of things, just enough to make us dangerous."
SDCC 07-13, 15, 16, 18-21, 22 | SDCC SE 21 | WC 12-23 | LC&E 12

Offline sin86a

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 85
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2018, 02:19:06 PM »

Name: Mark
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Downtown (preferably Omni or Gaslamp)
Days: Tues/Wed-Sun
Price Per Night: Whatever the nightly rate is
Smoking/Drinking: No
Spaces: I need room for 3 people (me, my brother and friend). So if you're looking to fill a room in one shot I can help  ;)

Age Preference of Roommates: preferably 18-40
Gender Preference of Roommates: No preference.
Include a brief description about yourself: I'm a professional artist and will be doing various things around the con. Brother and friend are along for the ride. We've been going for 10 years and just completely whiffed on hotels this year.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 03:10:41 PM by sin86a »

Offline cben616

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2018, 03:06:54 PM »

Name: Cody
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Downtown
Days: Wednesday - Sunday
Price Per Night: Very flexible if the right location.
Smoking/Drinking: NO
Spaces: Need space for 2 adult males - me and my brother

Preferences and Description: We don't plan to spend much time at the room, just sleep and showers throughout the convention.
Age Preference of Roommates: No preference
Gender Preference of Roommates: Males but no strong preference
Include a brief description about yourself: My bother and I are both working professionals looking to embrace our comic nerd side for the week. We plan on getting into Hall H for Saturday so we can be good line buddies as well. We are very low maintenance and really easy to get along with so keep us in mind if you are looking for some roommates.
Additional preferences for roommates: