Author Topic: Going solo to SDCC in 2018  (Read 3811 times)

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
Re: Going solo to SDCC in 2018
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2018, 07:45:35 AM »
Congratulations to all the people going to SDCC for the first time!

Like [member=6844]randymeeks[/member] pointed out, whatever your interests are, your people are going to be there at SDCC too. This forum is a great place to meet people, I've also found it really easy to meet people at SDCC in general. For example if you are in line for an author signing or a particular panel, you automatically have a shared interest with the other people around you.

Keep in mind too there will be lots of offsite activities that you can do with people that don't have a badge. The movie studios really upped their game last year with these.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2018, 03:09:58 PM »
Yea, last year since was my like first year back and volunteering i learned alot and tried do too much but had notes what wanted try do but in ways i wasnt able to do all lol. this year may try check out offsites more before or after the job all dpends on what the promoting and stuff. i try not be picky , i just indecisive at times lol. i will have some kinda game plan so not sitting so much cause we all try get swag and buy anything want most lol. so i go ready with notes and see how it goes from there.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 06:43:43 AM »

Offline ArkhamNightmare

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2018, 10:55:44 AM »
This will be my third year going SOLO.... and I enjoy it.

Offline Chee

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2018, 06:44:23 PM »
I know its still early, but are there any FOCC meets coming up? If not, when should I start looking on here for them. We are four months out!!!!!

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2018, 08:47:58 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I know its still early, but are there any FOCC meets coming up? If not, when should I start looking on here for them. We are four months out!!!!!

We like to plan ahead, so of course the answer is YES!  The Wednesday breakfast meet and the Swag Trade dinner on Sunday are both full already, but you can ask to be added to the waitlists.  And the Tuesday meet-up doesn't have a limit so hope you can come!  Links to them all below:

Tuesday afternoon:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Wednesday breakfast: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Sunday Swag Trade dinner:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline MsButtaskotch

• Room 6BCF
  • 80s Baby. 90s Girl. 2K Adult = Certified Awesome
    • Crimson Charm Publishing
  • Liked: 77
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2018, 05:48:00 PM »
[colorThis will be my 3rd year. Going solo again. Hard to meet up. First year, i was supposed to have a roommate and do the Con with her and she stiffed me, the first night of Con. We were supposed to split the room and hang... After that, I just Con by myself. It would be nice to have a Con buddy, but i'm still wary after that first experience... and she's probably still around here (the Forums) too..-_-

=red][/color]

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2018, 11:11:26 AM »
If someone i guess u trusted forgot or decided to not try hang with u and not say why before they left u hanging is like not cool. can always try connect with others here and exchange numbers to stay in touch some how. going solo is really not a bad thing cause after a first time try hang with anyone then they as u say stiff u then it can take a long to have that trust again with anyone. but go ahead and try do solo trip to con and see who u can connect with easier by meeting up with anyone who going to the sites group dinners or other here. then try keep in touch and see how it goes and go from there is still like going solo or not anytime.

Offline MsButtaskotch

• Room 6BCF
  • 80s Baby. 90s Girl. 2K Adult = Certified Awesome
    • Crimson Charm Publishing
  • Liked: 77
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2018, 10:13:26 AM »
i dunno what happened. we met on the boards (here) in the needing a roommate post. chatted and stayed in communication about our roommate-ing. and even the day before, we were both emailing back and forth about what time we'd both land or where we'd be (i was landing late, she came in early because she was volunteering)..and then that Wedneday.. i heard nothing. i got one email about "oh Im here, we have to meet up." and that was it. nothing... luckily, i could afford the room by myself (i had just gotten a job promotion = more pay), so i could handle the slam, but talk about mistrust developed! <_< *ugh*

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2018, 11:00:42 AM »
Im guessing that was just by chance a miss step or didnt mean to do on their part. i have only been on here since last year end of con or sometime before it happend last year for sdcc, and i dont thinkeveryone on here would do that to anyone unless something didnt go right on their for any reason. if not already, if i was u i would make a solo trip and that way u just gotta focus on what u gotta do and then by chance meet up with anyone from the forum here along the way so incase something dont go right again then u can still just have a back up plan and not feel as if u wasting time any cause they forgot to keep in touch for any reason. so do what u can and always have a backup plan at anytime.

Offline chaosdreamer

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 102
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2018, 02:17:26 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
i dunno what happened. we met on the boards (here) in the needing a roommate post. chatted and stayed in communication about our roommate-ing. and even the day before, we were both emailing back and forth about what time we'd both land or where we'd be (i was landing late, she came in early because she was volunteering)..and then that Wedneday.. i heard nothing. i got one email about "oh Im here, we have to meet up." and that was it. nothing... luckily, i could afford the room by myself (i had just gotten a job promotion = more pay), so i could handle the slam, but talk about mistrust developed! <_< *ugh*

I'm so sorry this happened to you.  :(

Offline tristanstewart

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2018, 06:52:14 PM »
i went solo my first three years (been five times) and often meet people in lines and make little friendships that way. like someone else said, the people around you often have similar interests so its not so bad.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2018, 11:01:40 AM »
I can see if u start off with asking the right question or saying some relatable to event it can help start a convo at time.