Author Topic: Gaslamp Overnight Parking Options (for those with Hotels in the area)  (Read 1782 times)

Offline seabisquick

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 25
Re: Gaslamp Overnight Parking Options (for those with Hotels in the area)
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2018, 08:43:34 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I compared this to the airport and it saves about 20 to 30 bucks in comparison, I really want to this do this, but I have never used spot hero.  has s anyone else bought it yet? I just want to speak with someone before purchasing.  Thanks!

I bought 4 days through spothero for $27.  The instructions just say show the voucher to the valet at the four points Sheraton.  I figure it’s not much of a risk at that price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline justboogie

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 124
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2018, 09:54:09 AM »
I bought 4 days through spothero for $27.  The instructions just say show the voucher to the valet at the four points Sheraton.  I figure it’s not much of a risk at that price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm definitely going to consider doing this. My downtown hotel charges $40 per night for parking, which sounds like I'll be saving a few dollars that can go to con exclusives.
"I have three kids and no money. Why can't I have no kids and three money?"
-Homer Simpson

Offline vegasndn

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 154
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2018, 01:44:33 PM »
Last year we parked at 6th and K across from Hard Rock which was where we were staying, I forget the cost I think $40 but HR was going to charge us $50 for parking so I parked at that garage all weekend and saved some money. I parked on Friday morning and left Monday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline Ragnar

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2018, 01:57:17 PM »
If you don't mind street parking, there are free spaces all over the Hillcrest and North Park areas and sometimes you can find a space around Bankers Hill too.  We usually stay with my wife's family up in Hillcrest and I have always parked there for free (no permit needed). 

Also, some of the DT hotels offer parking discounts for AAA members.  Our hotel (Solamar) is normally $49 per night but with AAA the price drops to $34 (still feels like extortion though).

Offline grbggrl

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 26
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2018, 01:58:33 PM »
Also, some of the DT hotels offer parking discounts for AAA members.  Our hotel (Solamar) is normally $49 per night but with AAA the price drops to $34 (still feels like extortion though).

Wow, really? Any idea if there's a way to find out if your hotel offers that discount? Because that would help a lot.

Offline Ragnar

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2018, 02:14:38 PM »
Wow, really? Any idea if there's a way to find out if your hotel offers that discount? Because that would help a lot.

I just called them and asked if they offered self parking or any discounts for their valet parking.  The lady informed me that it was valet only.  She didn't volunteer any information about discounts until I told her that $50/night parking was enough to motivate me to rate the hotel 1 star on trip advisor, yelp, etc and asked her (very politely) to pass along that information to whoever makes the policy decisions.  That is when she connected me to their Valet department and he told me about the AAA discount. 

Offline LuthienDragon

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 14
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2018, 09:45:27 PM »
Is any of the SDCC lottery available for overnight parking? I just quoted my hotel and it's a nice $49. I am staying 7 nights...might as well take a plane.

Offline seabisquick

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 25
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2018, 11:34:22 PM »
Is any of the SDCC lottery available for overnight parking? I just quoted my hotel and it's a nice $49. I am staying 7 nights...might as well take a plane.

Nope, that's why we're looking for alternatives in the gaslamp / downtown area like the Four Points Sheraton.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2018, 02:47:27 PM »
I found this as to somebody asking for overnight parking = You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline grbggrl

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 26
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2018, 02:49:08 PM »
I found this as to somebody asking for overnight parking = You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

That's really old though, so the info is all likely to be out of date.

Offline TeamKiLL3R

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 51
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2018, 09:39:21 PM »
It looks like several people have booked this parking garage since you posted this tip. the price for that garage has gone up to about $50. I still booked it. one night where I am staying is $50 so this still saves me about $200. also I noticed the website said you can cancel before the start time and get a full refund.

Offline angi

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 56
I'm taking the train this year to avoid the additional $300 in parking fees. It's gotten so bad, I could fly in for that price. I never use my car there either.

Offline geekyfamilyfriendly

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 19
I have read on reddit that some people park at qualcomm and take the train

Offline TeamKiLL3R

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 51
I’ve used the Qualcomm several times for day parking but I don’t think they allow overnight parking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
Here some more updated posts i found u can park during comic con - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login