Author Topic: SDCC popularity.  (Read 14729 times)

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
Re: SDCC popularity.
« Reply #165 on: June 14, 2018, 01:56:38 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Seems like, at least up to this point, that most of the drop-outs will only be affecting Hall H... CCI is lots more than just Hall H (although I know that for a great many people Hall H is where it's it).

My concern is if hall H doesn't draw the big crowds that the exhibit hall will be more crowded.  I am the only person who likes the Hall H lines because it take people off the floor.  :)

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 591
« Reply #166 on: June 14, 2018, 01:57:27 PM »
 Isn’t next year SDCC 50? It’s a great excuse to go all out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #167 on: Today at 02:12:08 AM »

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #167 on: June 14, 2018, 01:59:38 PM »
My concern is if hall H doesn't draw the big crowds that the exhibit hall will be more crowded.  I am the only person who likes the Hall H lines because it take people off the floor.  :)

Oh man I hadn't even thought of this.  My fear was that the no shows in Hall H would make Hall H worse on the other days. Like less people on Saturday for MCU would mean more people on Friday for HBO.  But now no HBO, maybe they'll all flock to Doctor Who.  But... this could be a more accurate prediction yeah.

Offline Louie_rob_m

• Hall H
  • Liked: 364
« Reply #168 on: June 14, 2018, 03:07:41 PM »
I was just saying exactly this to my friend!  I love Hall h having big events to keep 7000 plus people off the floor

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline epicskyline

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 99
« Reply #169 on: June 14, 2018, 03:10:01 PM »
Netflix isn't skipping. I got a press release this morning about Iron Fist.  It will be there.  Not sure about other properties, but at least one of their shows will be present.  The press release was very vague, though, so I'm not sure what capacity it'll be there.

This is great to hear!!

Offline SynXack

• Gaming Lounge
  • Guru Meditation == 0x0
  • Liked: 205
« Reply #170 on: June 14, 2018, 03:14:48 PM »
This is great to hear!!

They've done offsites in the past as well so there is hope! I actually thought the Pixel movie offsite was cool.  Retro arcade games!
“If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.”--Yoda

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
« Reply #171 on: June 14, 2018, 04:53:11 PM »
On the flip side, If people  are skipping Hall H, that gives me a chance to get into Hall. 2011 was a pretty bad Hall H year but I got to see Francis Ford Coppola demonstrate cutting movies in real time. Snow White and the Huntsman was not a movie I wanted to see but I did get to see Charlize Theron trash talking Kristen Stewart (and Kstew not being able to come up with a reply). 

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
SDCC popularity.
« Reply #172 on: June 14, 2018, 05:04:28 PM »
I was just saying exactly this to my friend!  I love Hall h having big events to keep 7000 plus people off the floor

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Not only does it affect the floor, but it has a cascade effect making Ballroom 20 almost impossible and crowding BCDF and down the line.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 05:06:34 PM by mickeyjack3 »

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #173 on: June 14, 2018, 05:19:41 PM »
I feel like everyone is getting too worked up. Things need to change year to year. We tend to get to thinking in here that once something is there one year it's gotta be every year. It's not true and has never been true. The Con needs change and new things need to come and go. I'm excited to see what's NEW rather than sit here and lament crap isn't the same every year. I'm no Chicken Little, the sky is still bright, blue and wide open.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
SDCC popularity.
« Reply #174 on: June 14, 2018, 05:21:29 PM »
I feel like everyone is getting too worked up. Things need to change year to year. We tend to get to thinking in here that once something is there one year it's gotta be every year. It's not true and has never been true. The Con needs change and new things need to come and go. I'm excited to see what's NEW rather than sit here and lament crap isn't the same every year. I'm no Chicken Little, the sky is still bright, blue and wide open.

You speak the truth. Thanks for the reminder. Keep Calm and Comic-Con

Offline SynXack

• Gaming Lounge
  • Guru Meditation == 0x0
  • Liked: 205
« Reply #175 on: June 14, 2018, 05:27:42 PM »

Was thinking the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

“If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.”--Yoda

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #176 on: June 14, 2018, 09:03:44 PM »
Oh man I hadn't even thought of this.  My fear was that the no shows in Hall H would make Hall H worse on the other days. Like less people on Saturday for MCU would mean more people on Friday for HBO.  But now no HBO, maybe they'll all flock to Doctor Who.  But... this could be a more accurate prediction yeah.

I've felt this way for years.  For example, on Sunday even the comic book area is very difficult to walk around and my theory is because all the people in Hall H and Ballroom 20 and those waiting in line are out on the floor.  Makes it very difficult to get around.

I guess I'm selfish, but people in hall H makes the show easier for me.  :)

I also agree with Louis-rob -m that the show is sooooooooooooooo much more than hall H. 

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #177 on: June 14, 2018, 10:57:42 PM »
I've felt this way for years.  For example, on Sunday even the comic book area is very difficult to walk around and my theory is because all the people in Hall H and Ballroom 20 and those waiting in line are out on the floor.  Makes it very difficult to get around.

I also agree with Louis-rob -m that the show is sooooooooooooooo much more than hall H.

Ohh good observation. Out of the 7 years I’ve gone I’ve only been on the floor on a day that isn’t Sunday ONCE.  I’m usually too busy with panels.  And that year I went on Sunday, too. 

Offline vegasndn

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 160
« Reply #178 on: June 15, 2018, 06:28:53 AM »

I agree with this, the last couple of years on Sunday’s in artist alley there’s a lot of people and I always until last day to buy some art.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro