Author Topic: Non-SuperHero Current Movies **spoilers**  (Read 1332 times)

Offline chocolateshake

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 235
Re: Non-SuperHero Current Movies **spoilers**
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2018, 06:06:43 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
i just got out of Operation Finale, about the capture of Eichmann in the early '60's.
it's not my normal movie type but I am glad I've seen it. The interplay between Kingsly and Isaac was brilliant- I do think the center could have been trimmed to keep the movie under 2 hrs.
it's quite like Argo except slower and more cerebral.

I think Kin will be my next movie

I got out of Operation Finale at 4 o'clock too.  I liked it.  From the trailers I thought it would be more action packed but it wasn't.  It was more of a drama.  I was surprised to have found out from the movie that Buenos Aires has such a Nazi history.  I've spent a lot of time there.  I learned the basics of Spanish growing up in San Diego but I really didn't speak Spanish until my time in Argentina.

I saw the Klan yesterday.  I liked it too but it wasn't nearly as fun as Finale.  And Finale isn't all that much fun.  It was a serious commentary about our past and our present.  I'm old enough to have lived through the '70s so it was a reminder of how bad things were.  With time I tend to be nostalgic.  It took off the rose colored glasses.

Both movies show how much further there is to go.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 06:16:07 PM by chocolateshake »

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1074
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2018, 08:22:33 PM »
I saw Christopher Robin yesterday.  It was a bit slow in parts but overall I enjoyed it. 

And today I FINALLY watched Minority Report, about 16 years late :).  It was fun seeing some of the product placement in it with Lexus and Gap, etc. 

This weekend I'm hoping to see Searching and maybe Operation Finale.  Soon, if not this weekend!

Offline rushfanyyz

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 98
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2018, 07:21:40 AM »
I saw Searching last night and loved it. The way they used the computer screens to tell the story was a different and cool approach to storytelling, and totally made sense in the context of this movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 4191
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2018, 09:17:19 AM »
i think i may try and catch Searching today- it seems like everyone is giving it positive reviews
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
Please don't PM me about Hotels or Badges, you'll get a better/faster answer by posting in a thread

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2018, 06:21:09 PM »
wow, i haven't checked rotten tomatos yet for Predator - i''d heard some 'meh'comments abt it so didn't have high expectations
I was very presently surprised. yes the basic story is predictible
an alien/s come to earth & leaves destruction in their wake

but that's where it ends 

the script is good and funny
the cast plays well together
notable preformaces include bad guy sterling brown, the kid- Jacob Tremblay and the scientist who happens to be a woman, not a love interest and doesn't get rescued!

It's a great popcorn movie! Way better script & acting then The Meg & the effects were as good. i found myself unexpectedly surprised  at the plot twists, that's not saying a lot as i'm notoriously bad abt script prediction.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Please don't PM me about Hotels or Badges, you'll get a better/faster answer by posting in a thread

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2018, 11:06:32 AM »
oh one more thing

there should be a law,
no trailer can ever ever use 'Hell's Bells" never ever EVER! it's right up there with Mustang Sally and 'leaving on a jet plane'

i don't think i'm going to see Overlord just due to the trite, lack of creativity required to even consider using that song /returning to studying/

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1074
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2018, 03:31:37 PM »
I finally saw Searching and loved it!  Very well done and a neat concept with everything being shown using social media and technology.  I even learned a couple new things :)